BeautyHacker

best plastic surgery clinics in Korea

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey vivi, i'm also planning to go in sept. what are you planning to do?;)

Hey Iaan,

Yes they did say if I go with them they will collect me from airport but all of the main clinics provide free pick up service. I won't be using that service as I want to have at least 3 consultations then decide for myself so I'm going to take the bus from the airport. I go in just over a weeks time and I'm taking my ipad so I will post my findings on here. Yes the prices they quoted you and me for the same surgery is very different, I wonder why. When are you going?

Yes, only use I-shaped silicone implant with cartilage for the tip. L-shaped implants cause a lot of pressure on the tip and have a high chance of extrusion. I don't think any good doctor would use L-shaped anymore.

Hey Asin

I will be there from 5th June and also v line and revision rhino. Banobagi is in my list to have consultation, what made you go with them? When you say the V Line recovery is brutal can you be a bit more specific? Do they give you meds to help with the pain and recovery. Also why did you not stay in their guest house where the nurse can look after you. Sorry about all the questions but the more advice I can get the better. If you prefer you can email me at [email protected] :smile:

I wanna do my eyelid revision and rhino (optional), but i hvn't done my research. How abt u?
What you planning to do? Do you wanna share the accomodation? ;)

Banobagi, Grand and VIP...But I want to check Regen as well. I'm getting Rhinoplasty and if needed genioplasty. Thinking of maybe doing eye contouring. if I do, it will be with Grand.

What about you?

Btw November 24th-27th...Staying for 2-3 weeks.

We should all connect together? Where in the states you from? I will add you to my contacts.

Hi there, which clinics are u planning to go with? I plan to do eyes and vline. Likely oct or nov though.

I also consulted with Regen, ID, and Oz but chose Banobagi in the end because I personally felt the most comfortable there. The before/after pics are impressive, they have many patient reviews, and all the doctors can speak English.

I went to Korea with Regen and Banobagi on the top of my list, but crossed Regen out when the doctor I met with couldn't speak English. He would talk for 2 minutes and the translator will tell me one sentence.

Dr. Park at OZ was really nice and seemed very honest, but I didn't really trust him with V-line surgery since he didn't have many before/afters and he is a small clinic. I feel safer with a big operation like jaw reduction at a big hospital. If I was only getting nose and fat grafting, I'd strongly consider him.

ID has had some negative reviews on Cozycot for facial contouring so I was already not too sure with them to begin with. The consultation went well until there was some discrepancy from what the consultant and doctor told me which made me doubt their honesty.

I believe that Banobagi is one of the best at facial contouring and fat grafting. Dr. Oh, the facial contouring doctor, probably does several surgeries a day. I'm not so sure about Banobagi for rhinoplasty, but my procedure is pretty simple tip refinement so hopefully they didn't manage to screw that up.

When I said the recovery was brutal, I meant that it was the worst pain I've ever endured. I woke up trembling and nauseous from the general anesthesia. I had a headache and was dizzy and had sharp pains everywhere due to the multiple procedures and tubes sticking out of my mouth that were basically needles inserted into my gums to drain the blood. On a scale of 1-10 in terms of pain, I'd rate the first few hours a 9. Then the first day a 5-6. After that, it's just been some annoying swelling and occasional sore gums. I'm on Day 5 post op now and I feel fine, although my jaw area is still swollen like a puffer fish. I have the head of a 300 pound person.

Oh and I didn't stay at Banobagi guesthouse because I did not know which clinic I was going with prior to coming to Korea. I had to go to the clinics and meet the doctors in person to be able to decide which doctor to choose. I could've arranged my travels so that I can stay at a clinic's guesthouse (book a hotel for first couple of days while I'm doing consultations then transfer to a guesthouse when I choose the clinic) but I'd booked an apartment here for my entire stay before I came. It's in a central location anyhow so it hasn't been an issue.

Thank you so much for your reply. I hope you are feeling a bit better everyday and feel like it is all worth it.

I am still not sure if V Line surgery is reducing the jaw width under your ears or does it include reducing the chin length too. Some clinics have said it is one piece bone removal from ear to ear which includes the chin bone and some say no it's just the side jaw bone and chin reduction (genioplasty) is extra. What is your understanding?

Also how is your hotel? I am looking to stay at Young Dong Hotel on my first day with a friend, have my operations, recover at the clinics guest house, after that period has passed move back to Young Dong so any tips on which rooms to avoid due to noise or anything to be aware of will really help. Do you eat at the hotel, is it ok?

As for the clinics, did you consider ID Hopsital as they are well known for bone surgeries. It's on my list for consultation but they don't have guest rooms to recover and that's the part that worries me. I would really like to be looked after at least for 5 days post op until I can eat better as I'm sure you are on a liquid diet which is probably congee every day?

As you can only bring $10,000 USD into Korea I am not sure what to do. Pay part cash part credit card which will include this 10% tax or transfer all my money to Western Union or MoneyGram so I don't need to carry a large amount of cash. What did you do if you don't mind me asking.

Also any tips on Korea in general and how to kill time when recovery will be a bonus, as you can tell, I'm a bit nervous, only a week to go...

Thanks

*Sorry I meant VIP not ID as you've answered that already. Did you rule them out?