BeautyHacker

best plastic surgery clinics in Korea

Hi. I do not know anything about Dr Kim at ID, only Dr Gim who reconstructed my new nose. I can only highly recommend Dr Gim based on my personal experience and outcome for revision rhinoplasty. I suggested him to another forumer and she went for a consultation with him yesterday, she was pleased with his knowledge, detailed consultation and he is also very likeable. Go to the ID Hospital website, you can view each surgeon and read their credentials.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! Do you mind sending me your before and after picture for Dr. Shin? Or just your nose job pictures in general? What did you have done? haha. Sorry for bombarding you with the questions...

Hi! Do you mind sharing your photos once you are healed? I plan on having very similar procedures done: v-line, revision rhino. And id is on the top of my list. Thanks! Email [email protected]

Hey HongKongPhooey,
I'm glad to hear you're recovering nicely! I was wondering if you're experiencing any numbness after your V-line. I've read that it's common to lose sensation as a result of temporary nerve damage after jaw procedures.

I would also appreciate it if you could share your before and after photos when you're sufficiently recovered--my email is waffle.enthusiast @ gmail . com. ID is at the top of my list and as we both have bite problems, I'd love to see how Dr. Park created the illusion of a perfect bite!

Can u give me the website or contact info for your hotel? Hotel highland? I can't find their website via google. Thank u!

Hi Michelin, are u alright? What methods your doctor did for you? It takes a week to c the result as it is still swelling. Don worry too much ya. Happy healing & looking forward your update soon.:okay:

Is the room / size comfortable enough for a person whom just gone through major surgery? I can't see any photos of the hotel posted on the link so how would u rate the hotel? I guess most important is there must be a mini fridge and kettle in the room.

Thanks!

SpartanWarrior,
I was wondering if you've experienced any numbness or loss of sensation so far. I've been told that jaw surgery may bring about temporary nerve damage but with Dr. Park being Dr. Park, I wouldn't be surprised if there are no side effects!

Hey guys,

I'm 25 days post-op and I'm pretty worried about how weird my chin still looks. It looks big and droopy and I really hope that it is just swelling. It is a little reassuring when I compare my current chin to my pre-op chin in side by side photos. I can see that it is a bit fuller and longer than before, and it has to be swelling since I had my chin reduced, not augmented. UNLESS... my chin looks bigger now because my jawline is reduced more than my chin, so it is now out of proportion? Anyone have knowledge about this?

Dr. Oh told me he only reduced a little bit of bone for me. When I asked him about my chin on Day 13, he told me not to worry because swelling moves downwards and it's just collected at my chin. Anyway, I just really hope it won't remain droopy after the swelling goes away.

I also think photos always make me look the worst. It looks a little better in the mirror, in both the before and after pics. Photos seem to magnify every flaw for me, especially the self-taken ones. My features look larger and distorted. I've always not known whether to trust the mirror or the pictures!

I've mentioned that I used to use Botox for jaw reduction, and in the before pic, I had been off it for a year so my masseters were extra large. Also, note that I had fat grafting to my cheeks, so my current facial fullness isn't completely due to swelling... or at least I hope!!! I really am enjoying having fuller cheeks. I'm worried that the fat grafting didn't "take" and the grafted fat will continue to diminish over the next few months. At this point it seems like I will need to return to Korea for a fat grafting touch up, which I had been prepared for prior to surgery.

In regards to my nose, although I'm generally happy with it, as you can see the change is very minimal. I'm probably the only person who can tell the difference. My columella is lifted (more apparent in profile view), my nostrils are now symmetrical, and my tip is smaller. My only dissatisfaction is that my nostrils still show too much. I had specifically requested to decrease my nostril show, and the doctors at Regen, Banobagi, and Oz all told me that lifting my columella will accomplish that. Dr. Kim at ID was the only one who suggested grafts to my alar rims to bring down my nostrils. I don't know why the other doctors didn't suggest this method. I did a google search on this method and US doctors mentioned that it is difficult to get this procedure right and asymmetry can occur. I hope that is the reason, and not because the other doctors were just lazy and wanted to do as simple as a job as possible

I apologize for my ramble, but this is my experience with my surgery at Banobagi, at 25 days.

I'm going share a before/after pic, and I'm sorry it isn't too encouraging at this point as I still look worse than before with my droopy chin.

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h417/2close2c/25dayspurseforum.jpg

Hey asin,
You look great! I love your nose revision, it looks very natural. It's a subtle difference, but makes a world of change to your face.

I think it's just the swelling that's making your chin look out of proportion. Since you had V-line, they reduced your chin to fit your new face. It's only people who have their mandibles done but not their chins who have this problem, like in this photo:

http://minewishinee.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/jae.jpg

Thank u! I am considering hotel highland now that it seems closer than the other hotels I was looking at! 14 days at a hotel adds up quick! I will also check out hotel star! I just want a comfortable place tho now I'm only considering lipo so I guess my recovery time isn't as intense as anyone doing 2 jaw or rhino.

Hi Asin, I think your results look really nice and natural. I think I may have gone to the same doc as you for primary rhino because the nose that I got sounds awfully familair to yours:smile: I too am seeking revision. If you don't mind, I really want to ask you a few questions about your surgery.