BeautyHacker

best plastic surgery clinics in Korea

Hello all, I'm new here but I have done quite a number of surgeries and had followed a group to Korea, Jewelry Clinic for surgery this April. It has been a disaster for me as my revision nose job was infected(I had highlighted my concern that I felt my nose was not recovering well before I left and this was ignored) and now I have a scar for more than 1.5 months since I went back in May to remove the silicon. Just wondering if any know that extrusion scars will disfigure one for life? I'm thinking of taking legal action against the clinic or what other options do I have, anyone knows?

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shane are u back in Korea again for surgery, after your April 2Jaw surgery?

Having said that, was so glad to have Zoe as a translator as Jewelry isn't bothered to get a translator to translate for me. She has been doing to so much liaising for me for free ever since my disaster happened till date and when i went back to Korea, she accompanied me twice for free... She is such a nice a caring friend, and will like to bring her around my country if I ever recovered, so do not hesitate to hire her, she is worth much more than what u r paying. You can quote me, I guess she will remember me, the guy with the disastrous nose infection.

Oh It you Leo, sorry I couldn't tell it was you from your nick name. I thought i lost touch with you after you mention you had your implant removed. I did mention your case several time here, but did not mention your name specifically. I am sorry to hear of your awful experience with jewelry. I spoken with a few other in our group who had their procedure done there. Cait seem to be pretty happy, bersim is half and half. While the rest are not too satisfied with the result there gotten from jewelry. How bad is it? You Planning on a revision any Time soon? If you are, you have to wait 6 month before you are allow to do another surgery. I been through it before so I know now you feel. Hang in there. Before you persue legal action, make aware of your intention to jewelry. See how they plan to resolved this matter. Do they offer to redo the implant for you 6 month after free or charge? Did you sign a waiver contract? Cause if you do, there pretty much nothing you can do except make people aware of the situation here on purse. That's one of the reason that I suggest to every one to not sign the waiver contract. Instead just put an X there. And after you had the surgery, request for a medical certificate from the clinic. This letter is proof that jewelry perform the surgery for you. I always request for one regardless which clinic i had the surgery with.

I'm sorry to hear what you had to go through :sad: I dont know anything about extrusion scars, but infection is a real concern and I'd love to know what steps can be taken to prevent it (apart from avoiding Jewelry!).
Has the clinic offered to do a revision for you?

That's great news! All of the numbness you're experiencing is temporary, right? I've heard of some cases where shoddy operations, even wisdom tooth extractions, can cause permanent nerve damage. It's such a relief to have Dr. Park and his years of experience.

That's great foresight! I didn't know not signing a waiver contract was an option. I was under the impression they would refuse to operate on you if you don't sign.

I'm not really sure if it's the same, but when i had my implant removed a month after I had it, the implant were removed through a small cut on either side of the nostril. Since there is no requirement to have extract the septal or ear cartilage, open technique is not really necessary. But the problem with this is that it leave a kind of keloid type scar externally. That kind of scar doesn't goes away and revision is needed. I'm not sure if the same kind of scar you mention but it sound a bit like it to me.

Well you have to sign a waiver contract other wise there won't operate on you. But you don't really have to pen your actual name and signature. Since most clinic won't issue you a copy of the contract after you have sign it, you need to ask for a medical certificate after your surgery stating your real name and proof of identification. This is your only lone of defense against the clinic incase anything goes wrong in the future. I advice the same thing to a friend of mine who couldn't change her surgeon from dr Kim to dr shin. So i advice her to place an X where her signature should be and pen a different name from that of your identification which you later would use To create a medical certification letter.

A days after having the stitches from my eyes removed and I am happy to report that just as dr shin said, the bleeding has completely stop. My blood shot eye is nearly gone and while there is still sign of swelling, it isn't so bad. I can now venture out into the open without the need of shade. hooray ~

Yes he is pretty good. I hope he will keep doing this for many more years and help others.

Unfortunely Zoe is not available. She help me book the consultation with ID and i request her to help me book the surgery date as well, but she told ID request USD1k deposit, just wanna double confirm with you it is procedure. Because i understand from you guys, Dr. Gim is very busy, so i try to book him before i reach Korea. I m planning in Korea for my eyelid revision and primary rhino at 14days, do you think is enough time for me to do the surgery in different clinics? Should i do the eyelid 1st or rhino?

It's great that you're recovering so well from your lat 3d! And that women are complimenting you left and right ;P

Please keep us posted with your rhino revision with Dr. Shin. I'm heading to Korea in Sept. for rhino and I have no idea who to go to for my surgery...

If I am you I would book all consultations online. For ID use Dr Gim for nose and Dr Kim for eyes, try to use just one clinic for both ops. I don't think Dr Gim is that busy as a girl came here recently and had her op a day later for rhino. If you are certain you only want to use ID then arrange for them to pick you up at the airport it is free. Don't pay any money upfront, tell them, they won't refuse you. 14 days is plenty, I would say 10 days is perfect if you can't get time off work. 1 day consultation, 1 day surgery then 7 days stitches out, final day pack and fly home.