BeautyHacker

best plastic surgery clinics in Korea

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the reassurance, I will keep my fingers crossed. Dr. Oh told me he only removed very little bone. I don't know how many mm. I worry the way he shaved off the sides of my chin led to the appearance of a droopy chin and it is not swelling.

To be fair, I did see Dr. Oh the night of the surgery. He came to my room and asked me how I was doing, and the same in the morning before I was discharged. But after I got discharged, I didn't see him again until Day 13. I went to the clinic on Day 7 for a massage but didn't get to see the doctor. I was only able to ask the consultant questions, and frankly, I don't trust her. On Day 10 I saw the nose doctor to remove the stitches, but not the facial contouring doctor.

I was so touched to read you are using ID based on my experience, wow, it's made me feel great that I have really helped someone, I don't mean just answering questions that's fine too but to have someone have surgery with the same two surgeons based on my account. Maybe I should contact ID and get commission haha!

Joking aside, please get your body ready now, no spicy food, no seafood, no alcohol, no smoking, nothing that thins the blood like garlic and keep hydrated. Try to eat as many mangos and pineapples as you can, Vitamin C in the Mangos and healing enzyme in Pineapples, fresh is best if not juice. The hydration thing is very important, drink lots before nil by mouth, I think it is 8 hours before surgery, because when you wake after GA up your mouth will feel like Gandhi's flip flop and you are not allowed to drink any liquid for 6 hours in case it makes you sick, these are long 6 hours. You will be freezing cold when you wake up but gradually your body heat will go back to normal but it takes a while.

Tip: If your nose gets totally blocked by mucus ask the nurses for the Saline Nasal Spray, they didn't freely give it to me, I saw it in Spartans room and had to ask for it. Finally, walk walk walk even if you don't want to just walk round and round the nurses station, always wear an ice pack, change it as soon as it defrosts. Doing these two things will drastically reduce the overall swelling time but it only works within the first 48 hours, after that you are just controlling the swelling.

Please update us when you can, I've attached a photo of the recovery room for you, there's internet within the TV, the red travel pillow is for you to keep it's free, on the other side of the room is a huge mirror and a sink. Oh, nearly forgot, make sure you have a pocket size mirror by your bed, it will save you getting up every time you need to look at yourself and you will want to a lot!

It seem like someone forget to clean up her room before she left LOL~

I am near London so I would fly from Heathrow. I haven't booked my tickets yet, far too early for me to do that, I might book a day before I fly, I should of done that last time I would of saved just under £200. Myself, Shane and others were thinking of 6th to 16th April but this is not set in stone yet but it won't be far off these dates.

ID is in the heart of Plastic Surgery World, it is near lots of clinics (photo of front and girls on reception attached). I too had 3 clinics booked, the first was BK what a joke of a company no one knew what they were doing and kept us waiting and waiting only to be told I was not allowed to choose what I wanted, Dr Hong would choose for me, IDIOT!, see my post on 7th June for full story, then I went to ID and was treated like a queen from the beginning, slick military procedures and to time, they know their stuff. After that I asked Zoe to cancel Banobagi who had phoned her at least 3 times to check I was still coming (desperate?), didn't even see the front of the building, I knew in my heart I wanted to be sliced and diced here! You should go to 3 clinics even if it's to compare prices.

Yes book Hotel Highland but only for the first 4-7 days, after that move to another hotel. I won't be staying there, I will be nearer Myeong-Dong where all the action is - shopping, great food, street vendors, markets etc

You never said, are you Asian or English?

I took a real shine to consultant number 2 and 3 in this picture. When i was there, there were do eager to help me, even help me arrange a consultation the same day without a pre plan appointment. I especially fancy consultant 3. What a cutie :smile: i can't wait to go back there to see them again. Hope both still there when i drop by in august :smile:

Now that you mention, yes that room does look familiar. Bring back memories of my own when i had my 2 jaws~

I know you had a thing for girl number 3 in the photo, you made that very obvious to everyone, I think she knew too, you BIG FLIRT lol

Hi, so nice to know I have silent followers and that you're happy with the level of information I am sharing, where did you track me from?

Thanks for the info regarding my bro, can you email me at [email protected] as to where this info can be found so I can pass it on. He is starting with Korea then moving to Japan as Korea has a lower cost of living, he doesn't have much wonga and he's only 21 but speaks 5 languages so hope he will get in ok.

Regarding ID pushing you into surgery you don't need, I agree with ILoveEgg no one pushed me into doing anything, in fact I pushed them, my opening line was I DON'T WANT 2 JAW, I KNOW I NEED IT BUT I'M TOO CHICKEN so from there they suggested what I could do to create the 'illusion' of 2 jaw surgery as I have a slight underbite. I know some clinics like Banobagi and BK will push push push but I have not heard this about ID, so rest assured fellow UK person! Look forward to your email.

allow me to correct you on something. consultant at ID does push you into surgery, or atleast trick you into surgery. but its only the chinese department. this is base on the feedback i gotten from one of the forum member here who went to ID for a consultation just recently. she end up losing a thousand dollar deposit and heading else where for her surgery. i'm not saying that ID is bad, but there are a few rotten apple working in ID that is ruining the clinic reputation. your should not have this issue if you speak with joaane, who is the head of the english department. i wasn't pressure by joanne to to have my 2 jaws at ID. i specifically told her that i will be visiting a few other clinic beside ID and she was perfectly ok with.. same goes when i was at BK. not to contradict what HKP says, but not everyone that work in BK is pushy. they might use incentive to try to lured into choosing their clinic, but the decision is still going to be yours. i don't know which consultant at BK you spoke with, but the consultant i spoke with, Anna Jeong is the nicest person that i know of. never once had she tried to push me or trick me into having surgery at their clinic. every decision i made is of my own free will. i am a savvy person, and i can tell if someone is pulling a fast one on me. i never felt that way when spoke with anna. she will always put her self in her patient shoe and wanted whats best for them, even if that mean going else where for your surgery. i really can't speak for everyone that work at BK and ID. but i believe that in every field there're bound to be one or two bad seeds, but that shouldn't ruin the entire crop. i love dr shin of Bk and i love ID in general. so i'm not defendingn nor am i taking side. just my two cent worht of opinion ;)

Thanks for the reassurances! I followed you from cozycot but they tend to ignore male posters which is why i lurked instead. I'm a long way off planning to be honest, still saving my monies but i think its best to be prepared for everything. Who knows, maybe i discover other surgeries that might make me look good. :P

Regarding surgeons, I was looking at Regen, ID and Banobagi, but some of the posts have left me rethinking Banobagi. I'm not too sure on the whole PS climate in Korea as there always seems to be some new clinic or another clinic which is better.

Lastly, i would like to see that Megan Fox nose you have hongkongphooey. I've shot you an email regarding the teaching info.

This is exactly why we should all go for consultations at several clinics. We all have our own experiences. While some people will say X Clinic is great, the next person might say X Clinic was rubbish. It does depend on which consultant and which doctor you meet, I totally agree. Unfortunately my personal experience at BK was absolutely awful while others praise them, we consulted with different doctors, you obviously got the good one! New forumers should read all the posts so you have an informed decision as to whom you choose to consult with and ultimately have your surgery with.

This forum is purely a guide and an insight into the wonderful world of Korean Cosmetic Surgery, the final decision is of course yours.

Oh thats a given. I generally got a good vibe off Banobagi from the cozycot thread, but reading Shane's comments has made me think twice.

I meant to ask this before but did you apply for a tourist visa before heading to Seoul? The UK falls under the visa exemption program with SK so we get 90 days which i thought was great but reading a bit more, you're not allowed to spend any money, which would put a big dampner on things i'd imagine. So did you get a tourist visa and when/how/where?