BeautyHacker

best plastic surgery clinics in Korea

I actually have a question regarding skin and teeth. Is it recommended to sort any problems with these areas first before going under the knife?

I've read that its best to have your wisdom teeth out before any jaw surgery, so is this true?

And my skin isn't the best so it'd almost certainly be a mess after a couple of days of no washing, do the clinics provide any services that'll help with this?

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its not nessesary to have your wisdom teeth pull out to undergo any jaw related surgery. i had one of my wisdom teeth when i had my 2 jaws. i did present this similiar question to dr park before and he assure me it is not nessesasary.

if you choose ID for your proecudure, they offer a few sessions of facial theraphy at their sister clinic, FACE DIET. this is only offer after you have check out of the clinic. you won't recieved any DACE DIET treatment while you're still recovering in the clinic.

Alright cool, I was thinking how much can I can bring in total before having to declare. I always thought it was only £5k ish. So you paid all in KRW? I was hoping they take GBP. I know BK do as I paid in GBP when I did my eyes but I wouldn't know about other clinics. Should really ask them first... or would you suggest KRW?

Yes, I would love to see the pictures of the room! Highland only have a few pictures so be good to see what it is like - does Highland have WiFi in all rooms? Do you still have my email?? Here it is anyway just in case :smile:[email protected]

wow thanks - I will def consider flying out with you as be nice to travel with someone (as my auntie would be flying from HK).

Wow you guys, I’ve just come out a meeting and thought I’d have a glance at this forum before my next meeting and have just spent the last 45 minutes reading through all your private messages, I didn’t even realise there was that many of you on here!! Soooo many silent readers, it surprised me. Firstly thank you for all your lovely words. I don’t have much time today to reply to all of you individually and some of you have asked me to reply ASAP for Zoe’s email, it’s [email protected] (and yes give her as much notice as you can) I totally understand why so many of you have PM’d me but I also don’t think Shane would not answer your questions because you asked for Zoe’s contact details, I'm fairly sure of that, we will both continue to help you guys the best we can. Anyhows, will be back later, meeting number 2 in 15 minutes…. not even prepared properly, oooh how I pants am I !!!

I probably should've said, if you've got dental problems, like an impacted wisdom tooth for example (me). Its not gonna cause any immediate problems but the dentist did say i'd have to have it out eventually. So was wondering if its best to have it out before any sort of PS surgery.

Also thats good to know that ID offer that. But if a clinic doesn't, what are my options? Are there any other skin clinics that cater towards PS surgery patients?

i think all clinics have a dermatology department. just ask them to refer you. i know BKDY banobagi and ID have a skin clinic too

before you jump the gun and make any assumption, i did reply to those who request for zoe email. but since i never made use of her service, i have kindly directed any request for zoe email your way. just thought that i make that little fact known to you.

even if the problem is an impact tooth, as long as it doesn't interfere with your regular routine, it shouldn't be a problem at all. but i'm not a certified orthodontist so its best you seek the opinion of one before you decide. usually major clinic such as BK, ID would have their own orthodontic department. so when you drop by for a consultation, make sure you bring up this issue to the consultant so she could arrange a meeting for you with their ortho department. if you're concern and if the tooth is bothering you in anyway, you could always have it removed first before doing the surgery. i see no harm in either.

there are ton of salon in seoul that offer facial treatment. if the clinic doesn't offer them as part of their post op package, you can always ask the consultant who work there. most of the consultant who work at PS clinic has a really nice complexion. so i suspect they would know of a particular facial spa that they could recommend to you.

Hey shane can i send u my pictures and see what you recommend for surgery?

I saw you recommend another forumer so would be interested to see what you aay for me ^^

Okay, I just signed up, couldn't hold myself back any longer. So hey there! And before I post my tragic life story, just know that I love you guys for posting more information than my cellphone's battery could handle, I feel like I've found my new Nosepedia!

So um back to business, Imma jump right at it, because I can't wait to hear back. So umm I'm Asian, but a SOUTH-Asian, so NONE of the forums or threads I've looked at so far have been helpful in terms of information about rhinoplasty on ethnic noses OTHER than "THE Asian" noses in Korea. I might just suck at googling, but whatever. So can anyone help me out with clinics in Korea who have most experience dealing with "other" kinds of noses. On a side note, I don't have a typical Indian nose, and I'm not Indian either. Ughh, I don't know what kinda nose I have, but growing up, I've been noticing my nose looks more crooked than it did half a decade ago, I have a very small hump, and an overprojected droopy tip, and most likely a deviated septum but I wouldn't know. My bridge looks wide from the front and doesn't sit well with the rest of my face and features, but from the side it doesn't look wide (I think).

I am not exactly comfortable sharing pictures right now, but any help with clinics dealing with not-so-asian-asians = MORE THAN GREATLY APPRECIATED! :smile:

P.S. None of what I wrote above is in any way meant to sound offensive or racist to anyone, I'm 18, and you know how we teens suck at getting our point across.

yeah send them over to me at shanekenji77 at yahoo dot com. send me a front, angle and side profile of your picture. tied your hair back so that your ear is visible from all angle. from the front, do not smile and do not tilt you head down. do as you would as if you were taking passport photo.

i can't say which clinic would be able to offer drastic changes for your chin and nose. how dramatic a clinic can change your chin and nose would depend on how drastic you want it. every clinic is different in term of how far there willing to change your appearance. take for example dr shin. if you walk into his office and declared that you wanted an eye as big as the powerpuff, he'll probably wouldn't touch you with a 10 foot pole. he's more into creating appealing and natureal look that compliment the rest of your face. on the other hand, if you walk into dr kim office ask for the same thing, he probably give you exactly what you want even if he feel that it won't look good on you. i was refer to BK by a girl who wanted an extremely large eye and she got it from dr kim. she is somewhat now of a facebook celebrity.

so you see, its not a matter of which clinic is going to give you the most dramatic result. the question should be who and whether or not it will compliment the rest of your face. and there's no guarantee that changing your nose and chin dramtically would alter your appearance that much. you face is made up more then just your chin and your nose. in order for people to notice the difference, changes some time has to be made to other aspect of your face.

so ask around whether any surgeon is willing to give you what you want. but as i said many time before, what you want may not nessesasary be what you need. you migth do your face a great disservice if you change your feature too much, unless it really does compliment with the rest of your face. my friend who had her eye done by dr kim request for such a huge eyes, but some how it look great on her. so if you out to look for a painter as oppose to an artist, you might find dr kim of BK appealing. i personally would never go to him, but he is not that bad as a surgeon. but as a person, he's awful.

Hey there! Are you in the U.S.? Dr. Paul Nassif is a famous rhinoplasty surgeon who is great at doing Indian/mid-eastern noses, as well as Caucasian noses. I'm pretty sure he's situated in Beverly Hills, and he's definitely in LA, the plastic surgery capital of America. Lols

But if anyone knows of a Korean surgeon, it'll prolly be Shane... Good luck with your search!

Hahah thanks for answering!:biggrin: I couldn't be furthur away from U.S!:/ I was initially leaning toward Dr. Richard Rival in Toronto, but then slapped myself back to reality because I probably won't be going to Canada anywhere in the near future. :/

I'm in Pakistan actually, and in a 1000 mile radius, I only spot butchers, and umm that's not my piece of meat! ^.^