BeautyHacker

best plastic surgery clinics in Korea

Hello Summer, i really like to get double eyelid surgery done in Korea and planning to go early next year. Could you please share your experience with the eye lid op (pain level, things to expects ect) and if you could please recommend a few clinics that i could visit...thank you so much :smile:

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been to Item....personally I think since they are relatively new, they are more attentive. The docs were formally with BK so they are experienced. THey give you time to ask questions during consultation and they are friendly and approachable. 2 forummers here had their eyes done at Item.

what do you think of them? will you go to them ?

This is my personal opinion only. I think it is safer because the docs understand English plus they have an agent in Singapore who I heard accompanies a group each month to the clinic. The day I went, I was told that a group of 10 Singaporeans had come in to have ps. The main thing is that you get to see the doc who is operating on you and they understand your language.

In some clinics, I have to guess what they are trying to convey during consultations, hahaha.

But the more I consulted, the more confused I am and the more I don't want to do ps...it is too traumatic.

And don't believe all you read in forums too because we don't know if they are real patients.

Someone wrote that they are at the clinics' doors at 8.30am but here they don't open that early.

i'm going to go in december and check out a few clinics... going through the appointment making process now...

because it's rib... extra surgery= extra charge.

i'm most likely not going to go rib not because of the price or surgery but rather how it looks. i personally find it too dramatic for my face.

My Seoul Journey Part 2

I have been in Seoul since Mon, 24 Oct and will be here until Wed, 9 Nov. Having benefitted from past contributions in the forum, I would like to share my experience these few days. I sincerely hope it will help you (to some extent) in your decision making process.

My original plan was to consult 7 to 8 clinics on 24 and 25 Oct before making up my mind on which one to go for my eye (revision), nose (revision) and cheekbone surgery on 26 Oct. The clinics in my list included ITEM, OZ, Shimmian, Banobagi, Regen, Migo, Real and Dream.

In the end, I only visited 5 of them mainly because I felt very comfortable with the doctors and staff at Regen and decided to proceed with them. I had my eye operation on the evening of 25 Oct and my nose and cheekbone surgery on the afternoon of 26 Oct.

Consult and Ask
During my trip, I came to realize it is very important to consult a few doctors. Some of the doctors gave different diagnosis of my eye condition, hence divergent treatment methods as well. It is frightening to imagine what would have happened if I had listened to only one or two doctors.

You should also ask all the questions you have and clarify your doubts from their answers. It is your face after all, and you have a right to know.

Thank God for Zoe
Zoe was probably the best thing that happened to me in Korea. Would have been totally lost without her! She was such a blessing during the time I was there... by the way, she speaks very good English, Chinese and Korean.

She planned my schedule, brought me to the clinics and translated for me there. With her 6 years of medical experience in ID and other clinics, she also gave me great advice. Finally, she bargained with the clinic consultants at Regen and managed to get me a discount (which was much more than what I paid her).

She was also genuinely nice and concerned about me, taking care of me like a friend. After each operation, she will check on me, bring me back to the hotel, help me buy things, etc. Felt sooo grateful to her!

Will be writing about the clinics in my next post. Jus need to organize my notes a little bit.

Congrats on your successful surgery @Resona . I hear that Regen has performed on Korean celebritys . Can't wait to hear more about your whole experienced and details of some of the clinics you visited ?

By the way is Zoe an English Translator that works at the clinic for hired ?

Congrats on your successful surgery Resona. I'm regret that I didn't follow your advise to hire Zoe for accompany me during the consultation with some doctors here in Korea.

I only consulted with Dr.Park from OZ, VIP clinic, bandoeye and Item clinic. Since I want to do eye,nose and cheek likes you, I think, it would better to choose one clinic who has all the services such as Banobagi, Regen and Item.

I choose Item clinic for my nose and face because of my friend from Jakarta have been doing it with this clinic and the doctor are regularly visited Jakarta.

But I should first comparing this clinic with banobagi and regen before I finally decided.
I should be doing likes Resona by hiring Zoe instead of just trust the marketing Lady from Singapore that works for Item clinic. she just care about your money and don't care afterward about your post operation. This clinic also doesn't provide services for taking care of the patient to the hotel specially when the patient is travelling alone. They dont except credit card as well so need to pay by cash unless you will pay for another 3.4% additional. However, the doctor and the nurses are quite nice.

So whenever you want to do the surgery I would advise you to hire the Korean expert likes Zoe who can help you out rather than you are doing yourself although the doctor can speak English but at the end it is good to have someone on your side tough

Hi Resona,

Thank you for sharing your experience, I have been looking for someone like Zoe that could help navigate the whole process for PS in korea. Can you send me her details at all? Does she work exclusively for a clinic or is she a private contractor?

Hi vk82, tita and kkjj,

Thank you and most welcome. Will write a thorough review of Regen for the benefit of everyone in the forum. Bk dongyang, regen and banobagi are among the biggest ps clinics in korea. From my understanding, Regen will overtake the rest and become the largest when they launched their new premises next yr.

I noticed they have a lot of korean patients during my visit there (which was a big plus point for me). Unfortunately, they dont have any english speaking staff. They have a couple of Chinese employees though.

Zoe did most of the translation for me at Regen. She was with ID and other clinics for around 6 years before venturing out on her own. I decided to ask for her help after I read in cozycot how good she was (and it's true!). Last week alone, she was helping me, a HK guy and a taiwanese girl. You can reach her on email at [email protected].

how much does she quote per day? did she translate what regen's doctor tells you during consultation?