BeautyHacker

best plastic surgery clinics in Korea

i wouldn't call my lump a lump per say. more like a swelling. mind you that the tip of my nose is more swollen compare to my bridge which is a little odd since it is the bone near the bridge that was broken :smile: but feeling aroung my nose, i can say for certain that it is nothing more then periodic swelling. my daily routine consist of a lot of ice and gentle massage around the swelling area of my nose and cheek. both are extremely useful method to practice for a few weeks. i don't the gel pack that the clinic provided me since the application time is less than 5 minute. instead, i bought a big bag of ice cube and place it in a plastic bag and make my self a true ice pack. the intense temperture of ice couple that with the sheet thin plastic bag makes it a whole lot better than gel pack, but you do have to spread the pack around your face more often because it is more intense then a gel pack. plus you have to constantly switch hand to hold the pack because it is so cold. i made a similar ice pack when i was in seoul and it really speed up my recovery. i suggest you do a gentle finger massage on the lump after applying the ice. you can use any apply either soap or face wash to create lubrication during the massage. i do it for about 5 to 10 minute then wash it off with warm water. another method which i find helpful is placing a hot towel over your face for a couple of minute. hot towel really help stimulate blood flow to your face, which is essential for de-swelling. and last but not least, the creme de le creme.... exercising. the more your sweat, the faster the swelling will come down. which is why a day after i return from seoul, i immediately hit my local gym and camp my self on the treadmill for 2 hours. nothing bring better relief after surgery than sweating it out. you don't have to run 5 mile on a treadmill as i did, you can attempt a more liesurely activities, as long as you're getting a good sweat out of it. i've always love jogging so i choose to do the treadmill. basically the better you get the blood flowing, the faster your swelling will subside.

i'm not sure about you, but it only took me 2 weeks post of to start being active. but i was pretty much my old perky self after 10 days, but the only thing that kept me from being active at the time were my sore butt. plus i weren't allow to to sweat as much during that time since i still have surgical dressing tape to my butt. but once the dressing came off when i return, thats when i hit the gym.

hope this answer your question.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm definately going for the double eyelid and as I need to correct my ptosis. Thinking whether to do Epicanthoplasty and Lateral canthoplasty as well. :thinking:

After going through this forum and seeing Shane's photos of his nose and Dan4me profile photo...I'm now itching to do my nose too!!!
Their photos look fantastic and its kinda motivates me. :lol:

However, I'm really scared of pain so I do not know if i have the guts to do so much at 1 go.

In addition, I once went to a plastic surgeon to remove a protruding mole above my upper lip and a keloid was formed.

I'm really worried that all this surgeries will leave keloids behind.
So far, have been advised through the online emails that keloids normally do not form around the eye areas.

Btw, I will pm you to exchange contacts!
Will you be going alone?

Ok, sorry for being a newb haha, but I am a white male caucasian and ran into this thread. Would it be okay to get work done in Korea (nose and face contouring)? Or is it best for only Asian people? Is it really that much cheaper then the US?

excellent~ congratulation on finally making a choice for your self :smile: dr shin is a great great surgeon. i know you won't be dissapointed with his effort. just make sure that that a a day or two before the surgery, that you seat down with anna and go over every little detail about the surgery. make sure there is no mis communication and that both anna and yourself are on the same page in term of what to expect after the surgery. have anna create a simulation for you and go over that simulation with a fine tooth comb. when you meet dr shin on the say of surgery for marking, summarize with him again on what is his plan of attack. if you do all this, you can insure that your result will be remarkable :smile:

Does anyone know what is the difference between paranasal augmentation and fat graft in nasolabial folds?

I know one is injecting fat to my nasolabial folds, the other one raise it (?)
Do they acheive the same effect? and which one is better in price and result?

Thank you in advance for answering my question. :smile:

Thanks gingerCandy =D I will look into booking my flight and reserve consultation at the same time =D

Here is the breakdown of the surgeries n its cost:

Browlift USD2000
Epi n Lateral USD3000
Primary rhino with osteo...(?) USD5000

Wow! I did not want to spend another thousands on genio despite it was a pretty good quote. But... Am I paying a reasonable price of just 2 surgeries? I know Shin is brilliant on one hand. Also, I didnt get a chance to see Anna.

Just asked a lot if q's on this.

They give similiar effect. Fat graft covers more area to relieve the fold while implant is a fixed silicon object that covers until slightly beyond the nose. Fats is temp n implant is permanent.

Thanks! I'm doing very well swelling going down, but still need to go treatment everyday, I'm crossing my finger that I don't need to get minor op again , it's not a big deal but laying on the op table always give me fear :sad:

I like my doctor but to see him everyday mean that my condition is not totally clear , I don't want to see him for the wrong reason . I must said it's not fun at all.

Hi ginger candy,be patient......I wish u be good,nothing happen

Hope you get well soon!

Thanks very much Shane, yes your post was super helpful. I just wanna be prepared :smile: I love running so I'll be sure to be hitting the pavement when I get back home, as well walking as much as I can in Seoul.. Hmm, do you think it will be ok to jog around after 7-10 days after the operation? I'm staying in the Gangnam gu area - would it look strange jogging outside, as not sure what the area is like. If it looks too weird then I'll wait til I get back!

Do update more pics of yourself, esp since you are healing by the day!! :smile: