BeautyHacker

best plastic surgery clinics in Korea

hi friends, need your suggestions. i will get married on April 2013, is it wise for me to do plastic surgery on october? i don't want to have swollen face in my big day. But i really really excited with this surgery. i already book the airplane ticket n consultation for surgery. is 6months enough for me to heal?

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Menstruation isn't a contraindication for surgery assuming your menstruation cycle is regular and of normal amount otherwise it's treated like any excessive bleeding. I think the nurse is thinking of herself because she'll be the one putting a urinary foley cathetery to empty your bladder during the long surgery. Hint: it would be messy for her. And, you'll be messing up the table/dressing. Who has to do the clean up? Nurses.

Just realised that I'm not able to pm as my post count is less then 10.
Can you PM me instead?

I will be going with my BF but we can always meet up in Seoul since the clinics are all at the same area.
However, I won't be staying near Gangnam area. Will be staying at Seoul Station instead.

Thanks! ^__^ Really helpful!

Ellie got back to me, she said it was okay to have surgery and wouldn't make much of a big difference (except the cramping!). If I remember correctly, HHer had the same issue.

I agree with you. I do believe if you're having menstruation the day of the surgery (me), instead of putting a catheter, you'll have to wear a big ol' diaper-like contraption........

thanks for your compliment. yes, i did 2 jaws at ID back in april this year. i pay 18.5 million KRW for 2 jaw and revisional V line. i also had a sliding G, but usually sliding is perform concurrently with 2 jaws surgery, so i can't consider that as a seperate procedure. so it was just 2 jaws and V line. usually you would need braces first to align the teeth to the new position before you undergo such a procedure, but ID is a big proponent of the surgery first approach which make more sense to me. every other clinic outside of korea suggest that i have the braces first before doing the 2 jaws, but it make no sense to me to intentionally misalign my teeth before the surgery. usually when you about to do 2 jaws, your orthodontist would need to work in cohiesion with your surgeon to plan the misalignment of your teeth. even if you did go for braces before the surgery, there is a still a chance that you may need to have braces again after the surgery to correct some issue that was over look before the surgery. so choose to have the surgery first before the surgery so that my orthodontist can plan the braces base on my current teeth alignment after the surgery.

chances are, if your orthodontist is not involved with the preperation of your surgery, there is a higher probabilty that 2 jaws may alter your smile. but the good thing about it is, if you still have your braces during the surgery, your orthodontist and simply readjust the braces to match the new location of your jaw. that mean you might have the braces on longer than expected, but you need not to pay for an extra set of braces after the surgery. i have not had my braces yet, but i will have it on very soon. just seeking for the best option and price at the moment.

yes, hopefully you able to see anna before your surgery. just tell anna that i sent you. she will take great care of you i'm sure :smile: i agree, dr shin has an eye for detail unlike no other. his approach is so much different then that of other surgeons working at BK. his attention to detail is second to none. he does all the measurement, the calculation, the drawing, everything nessesary to ensure an accurate diagnosis of your case. which is why as you pointed out he is so precise in his evaluation of your case. anna told me that a lot of the consultant at BK learn alot from patients consultation with dr shin than any other surgeon working in BK. so i have no doubt that you'll be in good hand :smile:

in regard to yout guest house, please try to talking to anna about it. like i said she is the head consultant there and she'll be able to work something out for you. but every room at the guest house has no window. so it really doesn't matter which floor of the guest house you're staying in. but talk to anna anyway if you can :smile:

good luck again with your surgery and please keep me updated on your result :smile: god bless you my dear.

i agree. the traffic condition in seoul is much worse than bangkok. a lot of drivers doesn't obey traffic light and in many cases make plenty of illegal U turn. taxi drivers is the worse so please be very careful when navigating the street of seoul.

my pleasure my dear. you should be in recovery mode right now as we speak. so please take care of your self my dear. i am keeping you in my prayer :smile:

Time for a little update on my condition. Its almost 3 weeks into my recovery and so far i am doing great. I would say my facial swelling is very minimal at this point but still very evidential. I am not 100% just yet but the very least i look normal. So normal in fact that my parent couldn't tell i just came back after having some surgery done to my face. I was pretty sure they would notice my new nose but they didn't, that mean dr shin did an excellent job making my nose as natural as possible without sacrificing on the looks that i wanted. If you take of my nose before and now, you can clearly see that the tip is more projected and define than before. I requested dr shin to add a little bit more height to my bridge which again can be seen in the photo i posted. The lump near the tip of my nose is still a little noticeable, but just a little bit. Swelling is still there around my nose. Looking at how my nose turn out so far, i am very please with the result. Remember, its only been less than a month since i had the surgery. That mean it will look much better in a few more months when all the swelling had completely subsided.

I added another photo of what i expect my nose to look like after all the swelling is gone. Its only guesstimation at this point, but it should be pretty accurate since the swelling point at the tip of my nose and near the bridge where the lump is visible.

Hi Shane! It's great to hear you're recovering so well!
Do you mind sharing a full front view of your face? I'd like to see the b/a of your zygoma... a procedure I'm extremely interested in. It seems most people get zygoma and jaw together, so a b/a of someone with just zygoma is actually quite rare. At least from my research...

Anyway, I hope all of the swelling goes down soon so you can enjoy your final results as soon as possible! ;)

Actually even if i had display a full frontal picture of my before and after you probably couldn't notice any difference since what i had is a 3d zygomatic reduction as oppose to just a lateral arch reduction. I had a lateral arch reduction done 3 years ago in thailand and it turn out great. Just the 45 degree angle were my issue which is why i had it fix this time. I don't have a proper 45 degree angle photo yet. I try to take some later. But i can assure you that the result turn out great as usual. You can see in the photo that i posted of my nose, you can see the cheek bone doesn't protrude any more. Now its s nice curvy shape which follow through with the forehead.

Don't worried I'm sure you will do just fine, I meet up with one of the fourmer ytd and we chat a bit. I'm extending my stay to next fri so we have lot of time to catch up. Question? Did u manage to meet up with Shane at all?

Happy for you that all went well at your side .... Cheers!

When you guys got to S.korea and went to the hotels, how did you get there? I know some clinics do pick up service from the airport but for those who didn't use this, how did you make your way to the hotel?

Is it relatively easy and cheap?

I plan to stay in hotel sunshine, highland or youngdong as they are all near the surgery places.

The last time I went I just used pick up service from BK but this time I plan to go to more clinics do I doubt I be able to use the pick up service...

thanks~ sorry to hear that thing didn't turn out the way you wanted. but like you siad, you'll in good hand so i'm sure everything will be fine in the end :smile: