BeautyHacker

best plastic surgery clinics in Korea

Hi peeps!
So, in exactly one week I'll be having my surgery in Seoul! Ahhh!!!! I'm looking forward to flying out next Wednesday and I'm now preparing myself more and more mentally and emotionally of the surgery and the post operation. To recap, I'm having my nose done (primary) and will have my nasal bone narrowed through an oestotomy, and tip debulking so it's more pointy and narrow. I don't need to augment my nose as such as I already have a bridge and I've also stressed that I want to use either or both septal/ear cartilage as opposed to silicone. Most of the work will mostly be on the tip which is rather flat and droopy. All the surgeons I've emailed have said that silicone won't be necessary if I don't want to use it, and septal/ear cartilage will suffice. But let's just wait and see what happens in the consultations! You never know, what they say in an email may be different when you see them face to face and after they've analysed my nose.

Just so you all know, I've finalised my list to three clinics which I've booked the consultations. I'm visiting BK (Dr Shin) - thanks Shane for all the good reviews on him! Second is JW (Dr Suh) - I heard he is good in the rhinoplasty field, and the third clinic is OZ (Dr Park) whom is great at emailing back promptly, so I feel he's pretty reliable. I don't have a favourite clinic at the mo but will have to be open minded and wait til all the consultations are done before I decide which clinic to go for.

There's some forum peeps who are there now - or off very soon - so just want to send them all the best of luck and please keep us updated!

If there's anyone who will be there between 13th-27th September, do pm me with your email address as it'll be great to meet up. I haven't been on the forums for a while so I'm not sure who will be there at the same time. I'm definitely packing my trainers so I can do lots of walking to help deswell lol. Oh, and I've also started taking arnica and bromelain tablets since yesterday which is meant to help against bruising and deswelling!

I'll keep posting when I'm out there on how the consultations go and what my honest opinion of the Doctors mentioned above as well as their clinics. :smile:

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Tooney and everyone for the great advice. Is sinsa the same as apgujeong? does the bus driver speak english?

Cool! Yes, look forward to catching up!

Good luck and look forward to the reviews! I'm 5 days away from my flight!

You're welcome :smile:
Sinsa is just 1 station before or after Apgujeong (depends where you're going) on line 3 of the subway system.

If you're going straight to Teuimps from the airport, then I suggest you get off at Apgujeong.

But if you happen to stay at Highland Hotel then stopping at either Apgujeong or Sinsa station will not make a difference as Highland Hotel is in the middle of both stations.

If I can depict they're location, then it will be something like this:

Highland Hotel -------------------Sinsa Sta
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
Apgujeong Sta

I doubt it if the bus driver can speak English. :smile:

Hey! Do keep us updated and I am definitely going to welcome your long posts! I'll be heading over on Sept 19, let's all meet up and chat up over dinner with our bandaged face! So excited!

Heya!!!! Did you finally book your flights then? I thought you weren't going til the end of Sept! Well, good on ya for booking them!

Ps my kakao id is jew1982 so add me, or for anyone else who's going in Sept has kakao! I just downloaded it today and I wanted jewel instead of jew!! Dope!

Hahahha!! Tooney u ate awesome!! How's ur eye now?

Hehe... well my upper lids are still a bit swollen.. but my eyes are progressing bit by bit everyday giving me a more defined eye shape. Maybe I shouldnt look on the mirror that often, eh? so that I would notice a big difference :biggrin:

What about you? what surgeries are you getting?

Ah that's great! Seems like u made the right choice by choosing teium. I'm gonna have zygoma reduction, tipplasty and hopefully chin.

This is so lovely ^^
So I think I have changed my mind again. Now i am like 90% sure im going to JW because they are more accommodating to foreigners and since im getting both eyes and nose done, it might be less of a hassle to just do it at one place. I talked to an independent plastic surgery consultant in seoul and she said most korean locals go to JW and Migo.
Btw, are your eyes heeled yet? I'm sure they are beautiful :cool:

I am gg on the 25th. Hope to see you there.

Continued..

Day 8
BUuuuttttt....I only admire my nose in close view thru the small mirror given n forgot to look at ALL angles n take few shots of my frontal and side view!! I was like..ok I AM SO PLEASED GIVEN TT DR KIM delivered what I had asked for.

When we left the clinic, it was raining very heavily n impossible to walk back to the hotel. Though we hv umbrella each, Zoe insisted tt I go into shelter
thewhile she braved the storm to hail cab. Told her to just go in to starbuck for coffee herself n wait for the rain to stop n I could handle cab by [/B][/B][/B]myself. She insisted no. I m grateful..

Oh I was also given a facial the same day. The beautician used foam to cleanse yr face, use gentler force to massage your face for what it seemed like eternity. Really nice! Mask n heat therapy follow.

When I returned to the hotel n look at the mirror, I looked at myself as a whole n started thinking if the nose suits me. Yes, I was the one to remind Dr Kim many times to reduce nose bridge, n when suddenly my bridge is normal looking but not high anymore, it does take a while to fall in love w yr new nose. So, there r many questions in my mind which I would hv got it directly earlier if only I took the pictures myself before the dr came in. Silly..dun think other forumers are like tt.

So, over the next few days, I started pondering if I really know what's good for me? If I dun, then I should leave the decision of what kinda nose for the Dr to suggest, then do final decision. Anyway...too late.