BeautyHacker

best plastic surgery clinics in Korea

You're lucky you can speak a little Korean coz I found it a little be difficult when I was there three weeks ago. I like travelling on my own and usually have little problem with communication, but I did in Seoul! Maybe its because I wasn't really there for holiday and there for surgery. Luckily I met a few friends who spoke Korean so I was fine. When it came to eating at restaurants, it was good to be able to see pictures and point to say I'll have that - but after my surgery I didn't eat seafood, egg, chicken or beef so I had to sometimes swap things around to eat pork or fish, so thats when I felt the language barrier. If you already speak a little Korean you'll be fine! :smile:

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey london_chick, just wanted to know hows your healing/result going now that you're back?

I read some posts that BK has a horrible reputation?? Like i said before, i have nose job appointment in 2 days w/ BK and i'm getting super nervous. Please note that i'm flying all the way from seattle for this.

Anyone w/ BK experience? please share.

I'm from Seattle too!

Dan4me got hers done at BK from Dr. Hong and hers turned out beautifully. I've read a few negative reviews about BK throughout the years but I don't remember which doctor it was for :/

edit: I think you should try to consult with more clinics!!

Hi there!

You're from Seattle too :smile: awesome. So are you thinking of going to Korea for some work? Are you Korean as well?

Anyhow, so my really close gf got hers done at BK and it turned out really well...especially her nose. But after reading this forum, it made me really nervous. I guess you'll always have some bad reviews with any clinics.

Next to apgujeong exit 3, $10,000 rib graft rhino, and three letters... It can only be VIP.

I wouldn't go to Michigan for "the best plastic surgeon" state-side... The best I would imagine to be either in Beverly Hills or NYC. Just cause, the demand would be higher in those areas... Plus if you're Asian, I don't think you should trust your face to a white doctor... Also, when it comes to aftercare, I believe locals and foreigners tend to receive similar treatment... But for a foreigner fending for his/herself in a foreign country, mediocre post-op care feels worse than for a local living at home.

Some clinics that cater to foreigners offer special and extra services such as guesthouses, but as Eightbelow says, you shouldn't let that sway your decision.

The place I went to didn't offer a guesthouse, but you could come in and schedule a shampoo and laser deswelling treatment whenever you wanted, a service offered to both locals and foreigners. And many doctors appreciate foreigners' business more because they know that we've traveled far to trust these doctors with our faces/bodies. A respectful doctor would recognize that and feel honored. At least, that's what I was told from my clinic and Londonchick heard something similar from her doctor.

Just pick a kind, patient, and honest doctor, not one that seems frazzled and too busy to answer your questions. I think your consultation can be a good indicator of the type of surgeon a person is...

Yes to both! I'm going in December. :biggrin: What are you getting done?

I dislike the fact that BK spends so much on advertising internationally.. they don't seem very popular with the locals, the aftercare doesn't seem so great and I've read so many times that it feels somewhat like a "factory" but some people's results are so amazing that I can't cross them off my list :P

I'm getting my nose done - just redefining the tip since i already have a high nose bridge. So I'll be getting the surgery on Oct 5th and staying korea until 22nd - a little over two weeks. I just hope that I can recovery before i go back to work.

How long are you staying in December? Also what are you getting done? Are you going alone? For me, my mom is coming with me for a week for the recovery process. I heard that its ideal to have someone with you for about a week.

BK does seem like a factory but I feel like since they do so many surgeries a day that their skillsets are better trained?

I'll be there for 2 to 3 weeks. My mom wants to stay for 2 but I want to stay for 3! I'm getting my eyes + nose. I have no bridge and a super bulbous tip unlike anyone else in my family! I'm also tempted to do vline but my mom is strongly against it. I suppose I'll wait and see what the doctor suggests though..

Have you already paid? Since you're already scheduled for surgery on the 5th...?

@ plastic_korea and jennyx0

You're both from Seattle?! ME TOO! :smile: Haha who would have thought I'd meet 2 other Seattleites on here? Anyway, good luck on your surgeries! Please keep everyone posted. ^^

So yes, its scheduled for that friday at 11am. I go in for a consultation (with a 3D picture before and after look) at 9am and then i go straight into surgery......i'm a bit nervous! Also, i have a bulbous nose as well w/ bridge so no idea what kind of surgery they will do.

I did a $100 deposit for the surgery..not a big loss if i chicken out :smile: I'm staying a hotel called Brown Sweet (its apartment like hotel). Its a bit far from gangnam but we chose this place b/c it has two bedrooms in one hotel room.

Lastly, VLine sounds so invasive!!! i would just settle w/ eyes and nose. do you work? do you have to go back to work after the surgery?

So you havent decided on a hospital? For me, i didnt want to waste time getting consultations from different hospitals since my close friend recommended BK. Also, i need all the time i can get to recover before flying to Seattle.

Lol!!! we might actually know each other.

I live in belltown...you guys live???