BeautyHacker

best plastic surgery clinics in Korea

Hey Kitty995,

I don't know a whole lot about Dream clinic except for the fact that it is quite popular among international patients and because of that it is a bit more expensive. Dream clinic was one of the places I was considering based on B+A pictures. However it seems as though a lot of clinics have awesome B+A pictures so the final deciding factor for me was the popularity among the locals and feedback from this forum. When I get to Korea next week and see my relatives, I will ask them about Dream clinic :smile:

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I also heard good things about him - which is why I went!! I will have to post a photo of what my eye looks like (closed)

It's unacceptable!!!!! I really don't think I'm exaggerating... This is about a year post op
I still wonder to this day.. how this could have happened.. when everyone was saying such amazing things about Dr. Ahn...
[​IMG]

Thank you so much and good luck with your surgery!!!:biggrin:

JuicyMe: Thank you for sharing. I hope you find the right doctor that can perform the revision & get you the results you wanted.

Hey JuicyMe!

How did that happen?! I know there is some scarring that's apparent in the beginning but I would think after 1 year, it would've faded?! You poor thing, I'm sure your revision in Korea will be MUCH better!! I heard Jeffrey Ahn wasn't on his A game anymore but that is just unacceptable. I will keep you updated with my consults when I get there. I have 4 lined (JW, Grand, Regen, and With) up for next Thursday and I will probably get my procedures done on Friday or Saturday.

Thank you ak212 for taking the time to write down the approx cost to do the nose job.

Best,

share2help

Any specific reasons that most people will consider those clinics that popular among locals? is it because of the price? How can you ensure there's no communication breakdown and the surgeon understand fully on your expectations?

I would like to do a nose revision and partly my surgery failed was due to lack of communication and research. I'm in a desperation now cos most people can see that it looks fake.

Hi, do you know what's the procedures done by your mom's cousin for her nose revision? Material used & price? Which clinic and surgeon?

It's not exactly true that the swelling will go off in second week especially if you are doing it at the first time. However, it does depend on the surgeon's skill too. Like my case, it went off only after 3 weeks of the nose surgery.

I'm planning for a nose revision and i have met Dr Jung from Shimmian recently. He told me that the swell will go away in second week because this is a nose revision (second time) and there is already a gap at the bridge. Therefore, the swelling can be minimized.

@Richbaby: Apparently those places are popular amongst the locals based on results, service and clientele (actresses, and actors). I think there are a few clinics where they cater mostly to international patients so their prices are steeper. I know for sure that my mom's cousin got a bridge augmentation. I'm not too sure if she got anything else. Her first nose job, she caught a bad infection and the nose looked curvy. She just recently got a revision but I'm not sure how that turned out. I believe the material used was silicon. I will find out where she got it done + price when I see her in Korea :smile: When my dad called some of the clinics, the prices are based on the type of procedure. For example, if you just want a bridge augmentation using silicon, it starts off at $2-$3k USD. But if you want a bridge augmentation + tiplasty, the prices start to increase, obviously because you're getting more done. Hence the range that the clinics quoted my parents are from $2-$4K USD. At my consult with Eric Choe in NYC, he wanted to do 4 things which I can't really remember but I know it was a bridge augmentation using silicon, tiplasty where he will harvest cartilage from my ear, nasal reduction, and something else. The total price he quoted me was $4.8K. The procedure would be done in his office using local anesthesia. I think Banobagi quoted my dad a little less than $3k USD for bridge augmentation using silicon, and VIP a little less than $2.8K USD for the same procedure but with rib cartilage. They quoted my dad in won's and USD is stronger than won.

In terms of communication, I am bringing my mom. My Korean is good enough for everyday conversation but definitely not good enough for anything more sophisticated than that. My mom is somewhat pushy and fiesty, the typical Korean woman, so I am hoping that my expectations are communicated via my mom :P I already had a consult in NYC so I pretty much know exactly what I want. Now it's just a matter of finding a skilled and experienced surgeon.

Thanks for the feedback on your swelling experience! I had a feeling 2 weeks was too short of a time for the swelling to go down. From what the surgeons in Korea are telling my parents, unless they perform an osteotomy (cutting or breaking bone), the recover isn't too bad.

Really? VIP quoted less than $2.8K USD? I know that some of members in this forum had to pay $8 -9K USD for nose job in VIP!

BTW I plan to get my nose job done in Feb next year in Korea, but maybe not...not really sure.. I'M not korean, so kind scary! cause I don't speak the language!

Hi there,

I have visited the three clinics that you listed for double eyelids and nose surgery in June. There was another clinic that I visited and I did my surgeries there. It's called Wonjin Plastic Surgery Clinic. One of my close Korean friend recommended me to visit Wonjin because it s really popular among the locals but not so much among the international patients. I thought that it will be more trustful if the clinic is well-known among the locals. After visiting the four clinics, I decided to do at Wonjin because Dr. Park ( the main director) seemed really professional and thoughtful andthe medical staff fluently spoke English and Chinese. Apparently, they speak Japanese too. I am really satisfied with my new look now. My eyes got much bigger and nose became higher and pointy.
Since you are going to Korea for consultation, why don't you give a try at Wonjin too? The clinics are all located in Gangnam area so it won't be so difficult to get around.