best plastic surgery clinics in Korea

hi there,

see my comment to turningpoint :smile:

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm happy for you that the surgery turn out well... awesome! :P

i see many people here get implant nose surgeries, however my nose isn't like the typical asian nose. it's similar to japanese celebrities maki goto and mariko shinoda BUT unlike them my other facial features don't compliment the large european looking nose, so instead of looking exotic it just looks...bad :wacko:

so is korea as skilled with nose reductions/reshaping as they are with implants? i'm also wondering if nose reductions/reshapes are generally cheaper compared to implants

thank you

Hi London Chick,

So I finally took out my stitches yesterday and I really liked my nose but my tip still looks really round like my previous nose. I know this is mostly due to swelling since its only been post op day 6. When did you start seeing a significant difference in terms of swelling and the tip starting to form a nice shap?

i jus had a good laugh in office after seeing the stimulation from bk for my double eyelid and ptosis correction... i look really odd... its like me with bigger eyes and double eyelids.. so not used to it... HAHAHAH!! =D

Hi plastic_korea,

really glad to hear that ur surgery went well..thanks for ur sharing info too.. . just a quick question- need any implant/ silicon for ur above 3 surgeries ? because Dr Kim advised me a few surgeries including silicon implant... and don't mind how much he quote u ?

Hiya! Well, to be honest the tip of my nose before surgery was already very droopy and a lot of bulky tissue (but obviously no cartilage to support it) so I noticed that my tip was raised and more pointy as soon as he finished my surgery. I remember lying in the treatment/recovery room right after my surgery and I touched the tip of my nose and was like wow it's higher and lifted!! I was really happy. Now - one month later its still exactly the same but the overall nose is less swollen. The tip will deswell last but I can see that the tip had definitely reduced since the surgery, and I'm really happy with how it looks now, even though its still a little swollen, because the managed to still raise my droopy tip which is what I wanted. Dr Park used septal cartilage for my tip - what about you? Did you tell the surgeon you wanted your tip raised/pointy? Your entire nose will be swollen for you, esp since you're only in week 1 post surgery...

Yes, osteotomy by narrowing the nasal bone is more difficult than just doing tiplasty or inserting a silicone because it is bone surgery. But if you find the right doctor who has performed osteotomies regularly than you're in safe hands as they're used to doing it. It's not actually or it shouldn't be a "complicated surgery" for the surgeon - it's just a more skillful surgery.

No body NEEDS implants. I had a huge nose before and now it's much smaller and narrower without any implants. I heard that using silicone is cheaper and its also an easier surgery to perform for the surgeon, but I don't care about that. I don't ever want to have a revision in the future in removing a silicone (going through one surgery was enough!)

Its been one month post surgery and I'm really happy with my results and I'm glad I didn't use silicone. My nose has a natural curve to it and looks very natural, and it's all my own tissue. Some clinics will advise that you need it, others won't, I just saw the ones that didn't advise me to use silicone. Korea has surgeons that are skilled doing everything!

yeah... the luck is up to ours to pick the good ones we are most comfortable with... of course, researching is also important... the most headache part....

one of the ladies here i recalled gg to teuim (in a much earlier post) saying that dr kwon doesn't really bother which celebrity photo she brings into consultation?

i think its pretty much the same coz he replied to my photo consultation on the website (i included lee min jung's picture) asking what other procedures in addition i need to look similar to hers and part of his reply was ""Making me look like someone" is not possible, but we consider your natural appearance and what you demand."

the thing is i dun wan to look exactly like her but similar... like of course, i know its impossible to create exact results, hahah... guess i'll keep teuim in my consult list for eyes...

was quoted:

1. Double eyelid surgery including Ptosis correction (Incisional method is recommended) : 2.5—3.0m KRW + 10% VAT

2. Epicanthoplasty : 1.2m KRW

Hi there,

My nose tip didnt need to be raised but needed to be a bit more defined. I know I should be more patient and give it more time but just got a little paranoid about the swelling :smile:

But I'm glad both our nose job went well!!!

I guess I was trying to say the nasal narrowing was the most invasive out of the 3 I got done. I wanted to know which procedure will create the most swelling.

Happy recovery time :smile:

Yeah. Do as much research as you can. It'll definitely make you feel confident when it comes to sitting with the surgeons during all your consultations, and from your research you'll know exactly what questions you'd like to ask.

Since we both had osteotomy, the swelling will be certainly be around the sides of the bridge (where they shaved down the sides) Did you have tiplasty too? If so, then yes, like me the swelling be at the tip and it'll feel hard - but you'll get used to that!

Happy healing too!