BeautyHacker

best plastic surgery clinics in Korea

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed he does, but he carry a very heavy korean accent, and you probably need to wear a hearing when he talking to you cause he speak so quietly and soft. but it can be very comforting sometime :smile:

Hi Everyone! I guess I have the same question but I am new here and can't start a thread so here I am...similar question!!

My name is Jasmin from CA and I am interested in getting plastic surgery abroad, preferably Korea cuz I heard that they have the best. I have many things in mind including but limited to: eyelid, nosejob, face reconstruction, etc. Does anybody recommend any website or good places to look into?

And I know it's hard being in the States (and also scary!) so I want to ask you guys -- how do you determine which providers to choose when you are all the way across the Pacific (well, not necessarily, but you get the idea...)??? What factors do you consider when you go abroad? I think it's super scary to go abroad but I heard that there are also "beauty groups/packages" available....

Thanks everyone!!!!

why about kim woo jung from regen, anybody been to them or heard how they are with jaw,chin,zygmoa?

Hello everyone.. I left Korea yesterday. I did double eyelid, epi, ptosis correction @Teuimps.
The result is great. I like the overall looking of my eyes now, eventhough the swelling hasn't been subsided completely. Well I did the surgery on 21st Aug.. so it's still early to say but the progress has been good. I believe my eyes will look even better in a couple of months time. :smile:
Dr. Kwon @ Teuimps is really down to earth and very nice in person. He doesn't speak fluent English but he understands and will try hard to answer you in English. But if you don't have a translator with you, his partner - Dr. Kim can translate it for you as he speaks English fluently. No doubt Dr. Kwon is a skillful eye surgeon.. it's his specialty .. he doesn't do other ps.. only eyes, but also his personality is comforting (at least that's how I felt).. so that's why I chose and trusted him to do my eyes.
I met him 2x for consultations on different days, 1x before surgery, 1x right after surgery (on my request), 1x on the day after the surgery, 1x when the stitches were taken (7 days after the surgery), and 1x on the day before my departure date.

During my stay in Seoul, I met a few forumers like Shane, Sam, Emisa, Eightbelow all of which companies I enjoyed so much.. thanks all to have shared your time with me :smile:

and to Emisa & Eightbelow... praying for your recuperation :smile:

I stayed @Highland Hotel. To be honest, it's a love hotel. They don't provide a wardrobe.. only 2 coat hangers :biggrin: ... But it's pretty clean & decent with a computerized locking door system so there will be a record in their computer for every time you're in & out (or whoever opens your room door). They change your towel everyday, fill your fridge with 2 bottles of mineral water, 1 can of gatorate, 1 can of ion drink and give you a pack of toiletries consists of toothbrush, facial foam, soap, cotton swab, shower sponge, and 2 packs of condoms hahaha

But I quite like this hotel.. 10 min walks to Apgujeong Subway Sta & Sinsa Sta.. bus stop right at the door, 5 min walk to yummy back ally eateries and the staff was friendly & quite helpful.. Especially the lady receptionist on morning shift :smile:

If you wanna do your laundry, don't do it @Highland. They will charge you almost 3x of outside laundry. Bring to a laundry place just a 5 min walks down the road towards BKDY building.

And if you wanna get your hair washed after a full week of not being able to wash it, you can go to a hair salon called Cute Hairlook at the back of the hotel... KRW10,000. But I suggest you walk 5min down the road towards BK and across the street to find a salon called Juno Hair. for the same amount of money you will get a different treatment (even if it's only a shampooing hehe). Juno Hair is like an upper class hairsalon. They'll put you on a kimono. Then when they shampoo your hair, they'll put a rolled up hot towel underneath the back of your head.. very soothing :biggrin:

Mini markets are everywhere. Generally they sell orange juice and aloe vera juice but I didn't find any who sold pineapple juice. Pineapple really works for my swelling :smile:

i had mine surgery yesterday at idea clinic
had rhino plasty surgery don with dermis theye quoted 4500 and
for stam cell 7500 (better kind or fat grafting)
the director of the hospital did mine operation dr Kook
he is very nice doctor and took all the time for me
im really happy that i have chosen for this hospital
the aftercare is also very good
they are specialized in facial bone surgery and stam cell
i did not do jaw or cheekbone becasue i could not choose
what to do so i only did mine nose and fat grafting
but did not knew it was quite painfull
mine but is not hurting but mine stomach does
from the fat grafting its very big awfull

how long was your stay in korea?? I'm also thinking of going just for double eyelid surgery but not sure how long i should book for. and for double eyelid how long it takes for it to look "natural"?

I stayed there about half a month. For double eyelid 10 days is enough providing you know which doctor you want and you can get a surgery schedule within a day or 2 after your arrival. They do surgery on Saturdays too but on Sunday they close.
For double eyelid, we can't really say coz everyone is different in terms of swelling down time.
But my doctor says 2 months to look natural (no noticeable swelling) and 4-6 months is the permanent final look

For the swelling,is it depend on age too??.I mean if younger then the swelling down quickly than middle age??

Do update us on how your eyes are healing.
Teuim is 1 of the clinics that I have shortlisted and I will most likely be doing the same procedures as you.

Just to check, after the surgery, were you able to go out shopping etc the next day?
In addition, during the procedure, did he give you GA or LA? Were you asked to open your eyes during the surgery?

Also, I read on the forums that applying silicon gel etc helps in the healing process, can all this be purchased at the clinic?

Sorry for the many questions. :shame:

Thanks everyone for the encouragement.

It does get a lil' lonely with no one ard u. Therefore, I admire members who had major facial contouring in Seoul unaccpsnied.

Anyway, my nose is still very swollen which the consultant told me the sweplig usu gets worse onthe 2nd and 4th day :sad:I really hope it will turn up as I would like to expect.

hello! glad to hear your surgery was a success and satifying one! im heading to seoul too 4 months later to do double eyelid surgery.

ive been narrowing down my options and teiumps seems not bad too! can i know which method did u do for double eyelid surgery and how much did they quote u for, just for this? and also epi's price.. (cos i might do that too)

cos i received banobagi's email reply and they quoted me partial incision 3-3.5mil krw and full incision 3.5-4mil krw! i was super shocked! i thought it was 1mil plus all along =( Is it so? or?

pls do advice me thanks alot! :smile:

Hi, silent reader here! (until now)

I'm planning on traveling to Seoul near late December for fat grafting into the breasts...and my Mom (who's accompanying me) wants a lipo on the belly and fat grafts on her nasolabial folds + eyes.

There has been barely any posts (actually..I don't think I've seen any) on fat injection into the breasts haha

Does anyone know of any clinics that have had good results without being over the top with the pricing?

So far Regen quoted 10mil-15mil for stem cell and 8.5 -12.5 mil for normal fat grafting (into breasts)

As for a tummy lipo, they quoted 7 mil - 10.5 mil O.O now that sounds awfully expensive for just a lipo....

365mc's price is around 3.5 mil - 4mil for the lipo but doesn't do fat grafts...

Does anyone know any places that offer any of the procedures for a cheaper price/have done it themselves and can share their experience? ^_^ Thank you!!

P.S. I've e-mailed Before&After already, and tried e-mailing Jewlery but their e-mail doesn't work...anyone have another e-mail of theirs?

Have u consulted with dr park? I haven't heard of dr Seo though. What's the diff in price? And when are u going to Korea?