BeautyHacker

best plastic surgery clinics in Korea

I had mine done last year september 23rd. There are visible scars but with concealer you can look fine. When I head back to Singapore, nobody can really tell I had anything done. Everyone just said I look different but they cant tell what's been done. Until when I told them I had plastic surgeries they were shocked cause it looked so natural. I got done at the same time. And it took me pretty fast to recover. About 10 days. But for the swelling to fully subside takes few months.

I paid 4.48mil KRW for nose and eyes. However, mine was before they had to increase that 10% tax. What I know now is that the prices are still very reasonable. Like a magic epi is 770,000KRW. And rhinoplasty rarely shoot up to 5mil KRW.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Karagiselle,

Unfortunately, I dont know if they do waive off that 10% tax if you do multiple surgeries. And I am sure ITEM doesn't extort foreigners....why? cause if they are after my money, they would have tried to convince me to do this procedure and that procedure but nope, they didnt. The doctors are very caring and patient. I said I want a rhinoplasty and a double eyelid job and that's that. They didn't suggest I should get a mandible reduction done or whatsoever. You know how some doctors would try to convince you that you have other flaws? Yeah....

And their prices are very standard. A magic epi is only 770,000KRW. Nose job barely shoot up to 5mil KRW. ^^

Their nose job is rather pricey though. More expensive than ID, Banobagi, Samsungline etc.

Anyone had any experience with nose surgery at Samsungline? I thought I might pay them a visit when I am in Seoul. Their noses seemed to be not bad.

i think doctors quote your other flaws because it is true that when you have only either one zygoma or mandible reduction done, for example only mandible done, your zygoma will look bigger hence the changes are extremely subtle, then patients would be unhappy.
Or if you only do rhinoplasty and your nose becomes refined and smaller, your face may in turn look bigger. Hence it is common to undergo a few procedures for a harmonized face and the doctors can advise on how you'd look like after each procedure.

Your after pics look stunning and natural! Did it hurt much post surgery? Will they give you exact quote incl tax during consultation as i wouldn't want to pay for extra costs after surgery! How long did u stay in Seoul for? Did they treated you well post surgery? Do u have before photos that u can show me? Sorry so many qs! It's just nice to be talking to someone who has experienced in these rather than just looking at before and after photos from websites as u can nevrr be too sure if they have been photoshopped! :smile:

However, there are also doctors who quote unnecessary surgery procedures just so they can earn more.

And so far....I haven't had doctors asking me to go through unnecessary surgery procedures but for my mom, yes. Fortunately she just had her facelift done at ITEM.

0_____________0 that is a lot of money. but ID is really good with face shapes
Will you be undergoing surgery with them? maybe you do not need 2 jaw surgery
go there and have a consultation first

I maybe have very high threshold for pain...I didn't felt any pain AT ALL. But discomfort, yes because first few days I cant really breathe through my nose. Yeah, they will give you the cost inclusive of tax during consultation. And they will also email you the breakdown of it. I stayed for 19days but 8 days is enough. Yeah I was told to go back to the clinic on alternate days so they can clean my wound for me and doctors will review on it. Its okay, you can ask me anything and I'll try my best to help you from my experience ^^

I'm going back there in March to get PRP+MTS done ^^

Didn't they start to charge 10% tax for plastic surgery from July 1st?

Incisional Double Eyelid Surgery 1.4mil Korean won

Rhinoplasty 3mil Korean won
~Open Method
~Septal Cartilage graft for Lengthening of nose
~Columella ↑
~Silicone augmentation on dorsum 3-4mm higher

Remarks:
From 1-July-2011 there will be 10% government tax on certain surgery procedure.
For your case:
~Double eyelids surgery, add on 10% government tax (140,000 korean won)
~Rhinoplasty, add on for silicone augmentation 10% goverment tax

This was my quotation. However right now, all procedures have to add on 10%. Thats what i meant.

hi caitlinlim,

indeed it is a lot of money, but i have wanted to have my jaw done since i was 24 years old. the thought of coming to korea to have it done had never even occur to me at the time. i visited a local surgeon at the government hospital and they just kept pushing my appointment further and further until one day when i turn 28, they decided that they weren't going to operate on me unless i get my teeth fixed first. i was extremely angry with my local surgeon for wasting my time. i was determine to have my jaw done regardless. so i went to thailand and seek consultation with a local surgeon. again his analysis was he wouldn't do the surgery unless i get my teeth fixed first. i was really disappointed. so after my eye lid revision at BK i thought i shop around to see if it is possible to have my jaw surgery in korea. and low and behold i finally found a surgeon that would be willing to do the jaw surgery firt before getting my teeth fix.

you're right, i am very confident in ID clinic since there focus only on facial bone. the quote there provide me were for both zygoma reduction and 2 jaw surgery. not just for 2 jaw surgery alone. and yes, i might not need 2 jaw surgery and the price is only an estimate. they would only be able to determine whether i need 2 jaw or just a single jaw surgery once i consulted with them. you interested to have facial countouring?

Hi Jolliemaie

I am also interested in getting eye surgery and after reading a lot of the post you seemed to have geared your research towards eye surgery specifically.
I wanted to know how the surgery went, which clinic you ended up choosing and how you liked you end results?

Thanks in advance