BeautyHacker

best plastic surgery clinics in Korea

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

I'm about 60 days since my V-line, fat grafting, and revision nose job at Banobagi. I think most of the swelling has gone away, and I'm not happy with the V-line results.

Dr. Oh did not do a T-cut on my chin; He reduced my boxy chin by shaving down the sides. I look better from frontal view. The profile view also looks fine, but from an oblique view I look like I have a droopy chin. At first I prayed that it was swelling, but at this point, I'm pretty sure it is the way the bone was cut. It's kind of hard to explain, but he cut an arch from my jawline to the sides of my chin but did not seem to have touch the bottom of my chin, so now it looks droopy. I don't notice it so much in person but in pictures I look like a witch from oblique view.

I am considering a revision, but I don't know if it's possible. Does anyone have experience and knowledge in V-line surgery revision? I think if a little part of the bottom of my chin is removed, my jawline will look smoother and my chin not so droopy. I worry that part cannot be removed because Dr. Oh may have avoided it in the first place due to nerves.

At this point I regret and am pretty depressed that I got the surgery because I looked better before. I worry that I'll be stuck with this droopy chin for the rest of my life, but I'm also hesitant to go through revisional surgery, not to mention that I'm terrified my jaw/chin will look further deformed in a revision.

Hey Asin, I'm sorry to hear you are still down about your results. From your explanation I don't think it's revision V Line you need (sides of jawbone), I think you need Genioplasty (chin reduction / refinement) I don't know if reducing your chin bone will make your chin 'sag' even more, I guess the skin does need to go somewhere. Of course if you have a chin implant this will definitely fill out any sag but you will have a longer / wider chin as a compromise.

If you read my last blog on here about 2 weeks ago it will explain in detail how the paranasal has affected my face / smile.

Thanks for the response hkp. I don't think it's loose skin that's causing the droopy look. It's the way the bone was cut in an arch that leads the chin bone to drop down. I don't really know what can be done. I might go back to Korea for a consultation.

LOL!
I see, well there are so many clinics to choose from and the price competitive wise, your options are abundant. I hope you'll find the right one that suites you. Shopping around would be a wise choice.

I have TMJ so jaw surgery is needed. Anyhow I'm kinda fixing two things at once type of deal. Certainly I hope it pays off also. No pun taken. ;)
I am strategically budgeting everything from hotel stay to negotiating cost.

Well good luck cuz!

Sorry I was late for the family function...lol. I caught a neck injury lastnight in training. I have a tournament next week and another in Sept. Otherwise I would be in Korea already.

No pain no gain..YOLO!

Auntie N you look beautiful...stop that. What are we 4-5 weeks post.

I will be in Seoul till the end of November. There's a few places to rent by the week or by the months. I found a place, little place on the number 3 Line in Gangnam for $20 a night. :biggrin: Since the first week for me will only be testing,x-rays and ect. I am budgeting my stay in korea I like to stay as long as possible. Till after my surgery in recovery stay. I will also be in the Highland.

I'm from NYC so the cold is nothing to me. Depending on my recovery otherwise I'm down for some cooking classes. We'll roll up some kimbab and make some japchae. But I probably wont be able to eat it.

Maybe slurp up a noodle with a bubble tea straw.

Hi Iaan...I arrive around the 21st. My surgery is scheduled for the 22nd. I am at Highland till the 26th and then I move into the Seoul Station loft apartment. $20!!! that's a steal. I thot I got a great deal with $53 per nite. I'm really glad it has a washer tho...I'm spending 2 weeks at the apartment so I need all the essentials!!

I'm kinda American too...spent many many years on both coast. I miss NYC, used to go almost every month from Boston. Then I moved to Cali...no more shoveling snow! Now I reside in Asia.

LOL.. I dunno if I will be able to eat it either! But I figured I would do something productive while I'm there for 3 weeks. I am interested to visiting other cities too...little day trips...interested?

Quite honestly nanx, result on the 5th week doesn't really represent much of a final result. If everyone think like you and start demanding for free revision after the 5th weeks, the urgeon would have their hands full doing free eyelid revision everyday. Everyone heal and recover at a different pace, K is no different. When i had my eyelid revision back in january, My eyes were assymtrical for 4 months before it started to even out finally. How do you explain that? A few weeks after my surgery, i share my concern with anna from BK, and she assure me that it is normal and ask that i give at least 3 months before making any judgment. You obviously have no idea about major and minor swelling that occur after an eyelid surgery. 2 to 3 weeks after your eyelid surgery, the majority of your major swelling will subside, leaving behind the minor swelling which is less obvious to the naked eyes. But it does occur and since we all swell assymtrically, it can cause a bit of uneveness between the left and right eyes. Talk to any surgeon who has been doing eyelid surgery for many years and they will tell you that it could take up to 6 months to see the final result. I am exactly 6 months into my eyelid revision and i couldn't be more satisfied. K is well aware of her situation and admit that she still experiencing tightness in the morning when she wake up. That indicate she is still recovering and have haven't fully heal. I share with K my eyelid surgery experience and is well aware of what dr shin is capable (even if you don't) i never force her to have her surgery with dr shin. I took her to see a few surgeon including ID, but iltimately it was her decision to go with dr shin. I am also well aware of her problem and believe me if it doesn't turn out well, i will be the first one to slam at dr shin.

Well here is the reason, when i first had my nose done, my surgeon gave me too much height and projection, which made me look odd. So when my nose were infected, i consider it good faith since i wasn't really satisfied with the result anyway. When my infection were clear up 6 months after, i seek out another surgeon to redo my nose, this time i insist that i didn't want a strong projection nor do i want a high bridge, so the second time the surgeon gave me a nose that is too low and not enough projection. So this time around i'm going there fully equipt with a simulation of the kind of nose that i wanted base on my own PHI ratio and measurement. The type of implant i have in mind is dermis which is all natural and have less chance to cause an infection. It is also very costly. But figure it would be worth it to go all natural ;)

Hi Shane, thank you for your answer. So I can do eyelid surgery at one clinic, wait 2 days, then do surgery at nose clinic, and 5 days later get stiches out for eyes, and then 2 days later get stiches out for nose?

One more question if anyone had experience, what things should I take to reduce swelling and aid recovery, i have heard vitamin pills, sinnech, bromelain, and kelacote. Has anyone heard of these, which one is the best, and can i take all of them?

Well if all goes as plan, then yeah. But i would take into account of potential complication that may occur. I'm not saying that its will happen, but just incase i wouldn't discount that possibility. But if you play your card right and take all nessesary precaution, it can be done. I suggest you first speak with your eyes and nose doctor and share with them your plan. See if they're able to compliment with your plan.

As for supplement to aid with swelling and bruising. I personally never use any during any of the 3 procedures i had in seoul. I personally think they over rated since the feedback seem to be mix. I'm not knocking them. I'm sure these supplement has benefited some people. You just need to realize that everything you need post op will be prescribe for you by the clinic. Thats all you really need i think.

Well if all goes as plan, then yeah. But i would take into account of potential complication that may occur. I'm not saying that its will happen, but just incase i wouldn't discount that possibility. But if you play your card right and take all nessesary precaution, it can be done. I suggest you first speak with your eyes and nose doctor and share with them your plan. See if they're able to compliment with your plan.

As for supplement to aid with swelling and bruising. I personally never use any during any of the 3 procedures i had in seoul. I personally think they over rated since the feedback seem to be mix. I'm not knocking them. I'm sure these supplement has benefited some people. You just need to realize that everything you need post op will be prescribe for you by the clinic. Thats all you really need i think.