BeautyHacker

best plastic surgery clinics in Korea

Hi R3Ggi3,
This world is so small! Actually I am on a contract in Perth too ! Do u hav what's app or kakao? I will add u:smile:
What r u thinking having done ?

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for sharing your experience,Emisa. I like the shape of your nose. It looks great! I am new here.I start pay attention to this forum 1 month ago and I would like to visit Korea this coming May!

Hello!

Long time reader, first time poster.

I would like to share with you my experience with consultations I had this past September. Not a lot of people seem to be interested in two-jaw surgery though...

I have a long face, gummy smile, and when relaxed, my mouth just hangs open. My mouth protudes a bit as well. I wanted to pursue surgery three years ago during my very first trip to Seoul. I went for consultations at a couple of clinics and realized I didn't do enough research and I wasn't ready.

I went to Seoul for personal reasons for 10 days in September. I read through this whole forum and decided to consult for surgery. I made only two appointments prior to leaving for Seoul. One at atbeauty and the other at ID.

AtBeauty (atro.co.kr) - I chose to consult here because Dr. Park advertises 19 years of no mistakes, specializes in two-jaw surgery and protruding mouth, and only performs one surgery a day. He also has great reviews from the locals. When I met Dr. Park, I thought he was the correct choice. He was very detailed with me and made me feel very comfortable. He told me I have a very slight asymmetrical face (something I only noticed weeks before) and with two-jaw surgery and v-line, he can make it more symmetrical. At the same time, he suggested endotine to prevent sagging skin, because after the jaw and v-line, the "longer" side of my face will have "extra" skin. Braces are a must and have to be looked after by his orthodontist ONLY. I would have to fly back to Korea at least 4 more times. Other than that, Dr. Park is seems wonderful. He even told me that he waits for the patient to wake up for GA, see if he/she is okay, waits for the patient to fall back asleep, AND THEN leave for the day.
Price: Two-jaw surgery + v-line + sliding genio + braces + endotine = 26 mil won... but I brought it down to 20 mil won.

ID Hospital - I did not have a good experience here. I made an appointment to see Dr. Sanghoon Park. My aunt knows Dr. Park personally (although I didn't mention it to the consultany... I was planning on telling Dr. Park when he was meeting me). The consultant - for some unknown reason - was pushing another doctor onto me and kept pushing. I ended up meeting that other doctor (don't even remember his name) and was totally unimpressed by him. He was so wishy-washy in terms of whether or not I need braces - he didn't really care at all. Left the hospital realizing that ID is too business-oriented...
Price: 14 mil won

YK Plastic Surgery (yk5151.com) - My uncle found out that ID was not good so he asked his friend (who is a filler/botox distributer) if he knew anyone good at two-jaw surgery. We went to this clinic, but I felt a little nervous by the way Dr. Kim made two-jaw surgery sound so easy. Other than that, the consultation went great. He was very straight-forward with his diagnosis. He said braces are not required unless I really want them...
Price: two-jaw surgery + v-line + sliding genio = 14 mil won

I was torn between atbeauty and YK. I was leaning towards atbeauty, but my mom wanted me to consult more places. We made a quick appointment with faceline, and by "Six Degrees of Separation" we got an appointment at Grand.

Faceline - I did not like this place one bit. I don't trust that a doctor can consult without a proper x-ray or CT scan. I went in there knowing I did not want surgery there.
Price: I don't remember. Probably around 15-16 mil won.

Grand - I received special treatment here. There were many phone calls to get my appointment. Imagine the game broken telephone. I had a consultation with Dr. Kang Nara, a maxillofacial surgeon (not plastic surgeon). Dr. Kang was so detailed. He said the shape of my jawline does not need v-line (unless I REALLY want to) and only two-jaw surgery is needed. Braces are a MUST. Dr. Kang works closely with an orthodontist nearby, and he advised me that I can have another orthodontist in my own country adjust the braces after surgery. I ended up choosing Grand because I felt comfortable with this doctor and I believe that since he is a maxillofacial surgeon (not just a plastic surgeon), he knows my needs. I only really want to shorten my face.
Price: Two-jaw surgery + sliding genio = ?? mil won
braces = 5 mil won

I currently have braces on and will have them on for approx. 9 to 10 months after surgery. My surgery is scheduled for mid-November. If things turn out good, I might use my new connections for further surgeries (maybe v-line if asymmetry begins to bother me too much...)

Just want to say that if you have family or friends in Seoul who know good surgeons or know of good surgeons, please consult with them!!

hi
thanks for sharing, it helps a lot, yeah although two saw is not mentioned
i want to do it also and now im in the same situation as you were
i also went to seoul last august and was not prepaired to have
two saw, so im doubting now .........what to do

i want two jaw as well!! PLEASEEEE keep us posted. it would be infinitely helpful.thank you sooo much for your post :smile:

Hiya Kkhim

Quick question, how to tell if the surgeons are licensed? Other than his graduate certificate from university.

binnes

Hi Kimjoo

Am i right to say only surgery involving bone alteration requires x-ray? Surgery like eyes does not require x-ray?

binnies

Aww,,, the after pictures are so amazing!

Hi there,

My nose got curved a bit after an accident. I want to correct Irvin Korea. I am planning to have different consultations in different clinic such as ID, BK, Grands this December. I may not have surgery directly. I am afraid of making quick decision because that is me. I really need to be careful about PS. I saw a lady who has done double eye-lid surgery. When she closes her eyes or blink, i can see the scar clearly, which freak me out a bit. Permanent scar!!!
Has anybody done nose correction surgery before??Which doctor is specialized in nose surgeries? I have posted a similar post before but no one replied.

Hope I can get some replies this time.

Thanks

Hello london_chick! I will be travelling from London too on the 30/10/12. I'm glad that you're happy with your post-op result :smile: just a quick question, did you make an appointment with the clinics on the same day or way in advance? :smile:

Hi emisa, how are you? Hope your swelling subside already. I hear that the recovery of patient from ID is longer compare to others such us BK or grand.
I wanna ask about Dr park n Dr gim, is Dr park is type of advisable person or only provide what you want. And Dr gim, is he good in make straight nose? Because you did mention that you need revision.

Hello London friend! Yes I made my consultation appointments about a month in advance and kept in contact with the clinic every few weeks to make sure they wouldn't forget me! :P

Hello! I will certainly do for you! She seemed really nice and we are still communicating via emails. What type of procedure have you done, if you don't mind me asking :smile: