BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

Well i chose samsung since the surgeon seemed pretty confident and they had airport pick up service which made them the first clinic i visited. Also the website was convincing and i could only decide between them or samsung line and grand clinic but i only went to consult with them and samsung line so i chose them over samsung line.

It was $5000 including eyelid. They used dermal fat so no implant. Regarding BK i heard quite a few bad stories about them but im not sure if its true so do more research and try see what you end up with. Thats so exciting that your going on the 27th! Good luck, its a really lovely place to visit and make sure you actually go out rather than staying at the hotel the whole time.:biggrin:

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Upgrade or anyone with info

I'm not going to be in Taipei but I am seriously considering getting a revision rhino, for my first one in Taipei I only used ear cartilage for the tip and I feel like a lot of it has reabsorbed (50%). I was curious why you chose Dr. Kao Chuan-Hsiang? I'm considering him too, but it's really hard to chose just based on online recommendations. What type of implant do you plan on using? I was thinking Gore-tex for my bridge and whatever the doctor recommends for my tip, but I hear synthetic ones need to be removed like every 10 years. is that true? Anyway, I'd appreciate it if you or anyone could share some insight. Thanks! =)

What do you plan to use for the tip since cartilage is going to be reabsorded anyway?

Who was your first doctor anyways? Natural is always better, if you didnt like the ear material u can use rib, unless u dont mind using gortex or silicone and going to the docs in the future.
those who use plastic fake material always have a fear of protruding through the noses, and it becomes fake looking, u can see pix of some celebrities like

Jane03 and vivi_bee

Well my first doctor was Dr. Cheng Yu Tian in Taipei, I think he did an okay job, I mean there was definitely improvement in the tip but I feel like it reabsorbed A LOT. At the time (in 2006) I didn't get anything for my bridge because it's actually pretty high, just not defined from the frontal view. The problem I think, is my nose is short with a limited tip, so despite the high bridge it just doesn't look good. This time I realized I need the bridge to be more defined too.

I'm thinking about getting Goretex for the bridge (because I heard the infection rate is lower compared to silicone and since I'm so scared of having surgery on my torso and losing some rib) and whatever the doctor recommends for the tip. I heard they can put in septal cartilage and some sort of stilt for tip projection, but the thing is I heard man-made materials almost always need to eventually be removed like 20 some years down the line. I once asked the doctor this and all he would say is that there are no guarantees for life. I want this to be my LAST surgery.

I guess what I'm asking is just for some opinions. Can they use rib for the tip as well as the bridge? If so, I might consider it since I know rib reabsorbs less. Also, besides Dr. Kao (who I know is well known in Taiwan for rhinos), are there any other good rhino doctors in Taipei and doctors in Northern California specializing in asian noses? I always thought Koreans celebrities had the most dramatic and beautiful noses even though they look sort of fake. Anyone with personal experiences?

Hey I'm thinking about Goretex too since it seems better than silicone, could you tell me why you decided on Goretex? Why didn't you choose rib, and what do you plan on using for the tip, if anything? Thanks =)

BTW this thread is so dead now, where did everyone go?

I didn't want to use rib because i don't want a scar on my tummy or where ever they cutting it from. I don't care what they use for my tip as long it looks good. If the doctor wants to use ear cartilage or whatever I'm ok with it. wait is rib suppose to be better than goretex. If it is, maybe i'll get that instead. I dunno...I'm so flexible

I will be in Seoul next week and will have my nose revision with Doctor Jung, I have heard many good stuff about him, hopefully he will do a good job on me. I will let you know if the result is satisfactory. The only thing I am hesitated on is that I heard that they have training course on the date I am suppose to have my surgery, which means that there gonna be another 10 more doctors to observe the my surgery. Do you think it is a good thing or bad thing. I just don't want anyone else touch my nose other than him. Cos I already had it done three times:sad:

hi everyone.

my sister and i are planning to have rhinoplasty in korea sometime this spring. the only trouble is we cant seem to find a lot of english speaking surgeon and staff in seoul.

do you know of a good surgery clinic in seoul who has an english speaking surgeon and staff?

thanks so much!

It might actually be a good thing because he should be extra careful when doing your nose. Like he might want to set a good example while teaching the other docs and perfect things so they think he is really good.

Wow 3 times? This must be really hard on you. Im just worried my bridge isn't high enough now and want a revision using rib but which material are you thinking of now?

Hey, a good clinic in seoul is Samsung Aesthetic clinic. Well they were pretty good when i went. They have a staff that speaks good english but the doctor speaks even better, the only thing is that he is really really busy so try go during quiet season. I'd say he's pretty expensive but its worth it seeing that he gave me what i asked for but i shouldve asked for a higher bridge (this is my fault not the surgeons because i tried to be conservative and asked for a low one).

He's really qualified, while i was in his room there were all these certificates on his wall from the US and korea. Though i felt like i couldn't ask him alot of questions because he was so busy and kept interupting me ahaha his decisions on what to do were very accurate and im glad i trusted his advice. But i think i got lucky because he concentrated alot during my surgery even though it was like midnight (yeh it was that busy that my scheduled surgery at 4pm shifted to 9pm-12am). Anyway hope that helps you. Good luck

cottoncandy77

thanks for the quick reply. checked out their website and they look ok. may i ask, what made you decide to go for the dermal fat for your bridge? and how does your nose feel nowadays?