BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

Yeah, I had silicone and cartilage. He removed both. I was concerned because I knew silicone was easy to take out but some people say when u remove cartilage, your nose tip can look botched from scar tissue underneath. But my dr said thats all about technique and he assured me it was easy with his technique to remove it.

The surgery and removal were both closed~

My nose is pretty much the same as the original (people that never knew or saw me with the surgery didnt know anything after I removed it). Only you will notice the difference or maybe in pictures but it seems to have gotten a tinnnyyy bit droopy from the side view (maybe bcuz i also shaved down a lil bump)? i dont know about it being higher from scar tissue since i had the implant for only 2 months but i didnt remove the suture of my septal cartilage that was brought together so it looks better in a way than the original but a lil worse in a way too cuz it got a lil droopier and slightly longer.

But it was soooo worth it even though i wasted so much money. I guess if i never got it in the first place, id always be thinking about it and obsessing over it! Im glad i got that out of my system!

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats also why i went back to my dr even though i had to fly all the way back to korea. I went to see like 4 doctors in LA but they all said they dont wanna mess with it and dont know what the dr did so it can look botched! or that they wouldnt be responsible for what it would look like after they removed it!

Like you, I want mine removed - I prefer the old me because the new nose doesn't suit my face. May I have the name and contact no. of your doc just in case I need him to remove the cartilage too? My doc told me that there is no need to remove the tip but we'll see....and he told me to wait till 3 months...sigh...you can pm me if you like.

Wow. Surgery is DEF not for everyone. I kind of regret doing it to just because i think iwas in Korea too long and got influenced by their thinking (im krn-american)

i too have a really small face, but my doesn't look too different. if anything the tip looks different. but im really worried about how it will look in the future :sad: *sigh* i wish i thought more about it before i did it

my surgery was open. im sooo worried about my cartilage on my tip warping!

and im worried about the shrink wrap effect

they said i got do the pig nose hting, but its SOOO hard and i cant do it at all! or maybe im just really scared to do it

Hi izora,
I am also doing research on clinics that specialize in nose. I like the result of the before and after picture you posted. How did you manage to get in touch with them? Did you call them or email them to ask for the pricing? I go into the website but it's in korean and i cant read? :sad: You mentioned that for revision case it will start at 6,900,000 KW. what about nose that never went through any surgery? :smile:

are u sure its better to get revison ASAP? What if your nose isnt finished being completely healed? Can u tell me which doctor said removing it sooner is better? I never heard of such a thing, but is it the majority says to wait 6months-1year right??

I called the clinic because clinics in Korea don't seem to have a problem giving price estimates over the phone. You won't receive an accurate price until you have a consultation though. I scheduled a consultation, but the girl said that I won't be able to have surgery until the following week. She said that if I use rib cartilage, then the doctor would have to take out the chest stitches 2 weeks after the surgery. You would have to get them taken out where you live if you can't stay in Korea for 2 weeks. I believe the clinic also uses irradiated donated rib cartilage. They of course also use alloplastic implants as well, and those results look quite nice and natural too.

I'm sorry, but I don't know the price for first rhinoplasty. Revisions are usually 1.5 to 2 times the price of first rhinoplasty. I hope this helps.

For those of you who are interested, here's another clinic where the doctor uses rib cartilage. It's called LeeJung Aesthetic Surgical Clinic- http://www.1004clinic.com/1004abroad/english.html

I also have a consultation at this clinic, and it's one of my top contenders. Dr. Lee, who specializes in nose and eyes, has personally been corresponding with me via emails. He's extremely courteous, friendly, and nice. He's not pushy at all, and he advised me to wait until after the consultation to make a decision. The revision price using rib cartilage (donated or autologous) is 4,500,000 KWN, which is an excellent price. The price is probably more attractive because the clinic is not located in the really expensive area of Kangnam. Even though I've read good reviews, I'm unable to access the photos on the website.

What I also like about this clinic is that they have an officetel (building with apartments and offices) where foreigners can stay for 30,000/night (around $27). The officetel and the clinic are in the same building. The clinic also has a hair washing station where patients can get their hair washed after surgery.

I've talked to so many clinics and received so many consultations that I am extremely overwhelmed with information overload. Please feel free to PM me because I have heard back from a lot of clinics. In the meantime, I will post about clinics that I feel is worthwhile.

I went to Navi Clinic in Korea.. http://www.naviclinic.co.kr/
my surgeon was Dr. Moon~ I think the reason why they say wait 6mo-1 yr is because thats the amount of time it takes a nose to heal and take its final shape so you might end up liking your nose later. But if you are sure you want it removed no matter what (in my case, i couldnt stand the thought of having silicone in my face and chance of revision in the future), then its ok to have it removed any time. Oh but if you were going for a revision, i heard you have to do it within 2 wks or after 6 mo.. but in my case, i just wanted to remove everything. Especially for cartilage, after a long time it starts to attach itself to your skin so it can look botched after a long time if you remove it or they recommend leaving the cartilage and only removing the silicone which can look really funny and unnatural.

Wow Izora, you've done so much research. When abouts are you going? I need a revision done in July sometime but haven't found the right surgeon yet. O & Young seem pretty good, do you have their email or phone number? I really hate my nose, my tip is so bulbous now.

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this forum but I wish I found it earlier to give everyone my advice on Nose Surgery in Korea. I have just come back from Seoul today after meeting with my Dr at VIP Clinic I had nose surgery here in December 2009, I had cartilage taken from my head and ears to create a very natural nose they did not want to put silicon in the nose as the risk of infection is higher than your own cartilage.

I also had fat grafting on my chin and forehead to balance out my face with my new nose, 4 months later and I am amazed at the result it is so natural and no one has actually noticed I had a nose job! Everyone just says I look really nice... :smile:

Anyway I was so impressed by the doctor and the manager at the clinic I went back to visit them this weekend as I really wanted to help spread their amazing work. The Dr is one of the best surgeons in Korea and one of the first to pioneer nose surgery using your own cartilage, not only does he perform nose surgeries he has helped so many people with nose deformaties and revision cases.

If you would like more information on the VIP Clinic email [email protected] she can introduce you to the surgery and make arrangements from the moment you get off the plane in Seoul!

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear about your cleft lip and palate, i've just come back from korea after seeing my surgeon at VIP Clinic and they have a very high rate in fixing cleft lip.

I would strongly recommend for you to go and see them. Let me know if you would like more details.

I did check out VIP and was contacted by a woman named Joanne, but their price was the most expensive ($8,000 for revision). :sad: