BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

^deswelling doesnt make it higher tho...only more define at the tip... i think its fine maybe... u should think again cuz most ppl always complain "omg... my nose is tooo high looks unnatural" im sure if he raised it.. u might freak out more. Please think about this.

anyways i have a question..... LOL so this is gunna sound funny.. i know doctors shave your nose hairs while they r doing your nose... anybody notice blackheads on top of their nose now too? I use to NEVER had black heads... now the top of my nose isnt clear anymore... UGHH looks like my bf's with lil black dots.. blackheads and my nose gets oilier.. i hate it!! Anyone notice this too or your nose skin is the same?

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

exactly even with all the swelliing it still doesnt look high .....sure tip be more defined and more straight..but it goona be natually i can tell already cause it not too high ...at least it a good thing.anything now gonna be better than my old nose...
in 6 months if i still want heigher nose i do it again till iam completly satisfy ,but iam gonna ask dr jung now if he will do it again for me later .
the tip of my nose starting to get black head already ,, itchy and oilly .
but iam sure they deal with a lot peeople ...blackhead is normalll they see everyday
now iam gonna try to get a haircut....good luck for my finding any salon people speak english..mb i feel better after the haircut...
vivi_bee u got your nose done too ???

Hey Sexyasian,

Was your nose really flat before? I also got 4mm and I thought it was pretty low after a while. The good thing about it is that it still looks natural and people cant tell. Just give it a few more months to deswell so you can see if you like it or not. If not you can go back a year later to get it raised.

I have a question for you though. He shaved down the two sides of your bridge? was it because your nose bridge was wide? Is it complicated to do? and did it cost extra? Im thinking about getting mine narrower also but I didnt know they could shave down the two sides. You can email me if you want. j[email protected]

Hi guys, i got my nose done in Shanghai 3 years ago by a Korean doctor. He used a special kind of silicone that was porous. It's easier to remove compared to goretex, but a bit trickier than regular silicone. Have you guys heard of this material before?

Anyway, I wish I knew of this forum 3 years ago, I didn't really do much research before the surgery because a relative got her nose done there and it turned out extremely well. I'm thinking of going back and doing a revision, I want it a bit higher and longer at the tip. I spoke with the nurse and she said that a longer tip is not suitable on everyone because if your skin is thin, it'll stretch too much and you'll have a red nose tip. Have you guys seen this before? And is it very common?

I was debating on Dr Kim of BK or Dr. Jung because everyone says he's great at revisions, but am just a bit apprehensive because of the material my previous PS used, so I'm thinking of going back to my previous PS. Has anyone went back to their original PS for a revision? I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts. TIA

Are you talking about silitex? Silitex is a silicone piece with a thin layer of gortex on top.

Yes, my nose was oiler too for a few months after... biore strips...use lots of biore strips.

Mixed girl, your post pic looks great! You are a very cute girl before too, but beautiful now.

vivi_bee, I decided against the silicone due to all the people talking about contraction. Ive never had it before so I'm afraid of foreign bodies. My cousin had a silicone implant and it extruded so she had it removed. I am thinking about Dr. Cochran. He only specializes in rhinos. I think his closed technique is more conservative than what Dr Lee wanted which was to completely rebuild the bridge and tip. I honestly don't know if I can emotionally deal with the extended recovery and swelling associated with an open procedure, I'm so stressed...am I making the right decision?!!

After my rib graft, I did notice that my eyes were closer together and also longer, therefore appearing a little larger, just slightly. My eyes were not too wide or close. (I was an art major and I learned that for a symmetrical and aesthetically pleasing face; the distance between your eyes should be same as the length of your eye...and the width of your nose should also be that same distance)

Now I do feel my eyes are a bit closer than I would like. If your eyes are already close set to begin with, I personally wouldn't augment too much. (this would all depend on the elasticity of your skin though). Another thing about augentation is that taller is not always better! It has to fit your face. Sometimes when you go too tall, you lose the youthful quality and end up looking older. My first surgery wasn't high enough on my bridge and my tip was bulbous, but it was cute. My second one with the rib graft made me look mixed too, but definitely made me look almost 10 years older! I hope I dont offend anyone, but I feel that having a not so tall nose is what actually makes Asians appear more youthful looking longer than Caucasians do. That is another reason (besides a warped rib graft) why I'm reducing the height of my bridge...by almost half the height!!

Hi Rawdude, Dr Lee performed a fifth nose job for me, so it is definitely a revision case:P My nose skin was extremely thin after the previous nose jobs, so Dr Lee harvested dermis to make the skin thicker. My nose was very deviated and right side was really contracted so he has to use a lot of small catilage and soft tissue ( fat and dermis ) on the right side of my nose. I was in the surgery room for around 15 hours. I guess because my nose is so complicated and difficult, so it does take extra longer operation time. From my case you can easily tell how patient Dr Lee is! I can't imagine any other doctor will put so much effort on it just to give their clients the best satisfaction.

Even most of Dr Lee's works were difficult revision cases, I did see couple primary cases. Mixedgirl was there with me and I saw her nose, it was so pretty and she looks like an Euroasian now.

As I had silicone and goretex in my nose before, I can certainly tell you nothing feels better than your own rib cartilage, it feels and looks so real.

My nose is still very swellon. I also did a paransal surgery. Even my nose is swellon at the moment, I can tell the overall improvment on my look. I am now preparing to be back there in 2011 to do some fat grafting and a face lip suction. I am plastic surgery addictive now. lol

How i wish I can go back there!!!

Why didn't you do the fat graft in the first place????

I had paranasal done as well. Dr Lee uses my cartilages for them. During the consultation, he told me the left side was more depressed than the other( which I know) and he manage to balance out my paranasal by carving my cartilages into the correct thickness to even out.
I also have my alarbase enhanced using cartilages as well.
You absolutely feel nothing. no pain,no soreness whatsoever after the surgery for the paranasal and alarbase inserts.

It was red for the first day and I can see the shape of it. By, by the third day it was gone.

Hey guys, to all of you who had rib cartilage for their noses, would you mind let me know how much absorption did you notice? Was the bridge heaps lower after your recovery?

I had 5.5mm rib cartilage and around 1mm dermis on my bridge area, but my nose was super flat and got no foundations at all. I am now start to worry that high absorption will give me a lower nose than I expected :P I wish I could stop thinking of my nose!

Ya, you should speak your mind to him about your concerns. MOst probably he will not perform a surgery on you now but at least there will be some understanding for him to know you are not satisfied with the height.

The surgery should be free of charge. Maybe you will have to pay for the anesthesia fee.

Open surgery is not that scary. I would say even for rib surgery, it is not scary at all.

YOu will take out the stitches on the forth day after your open surgery at the incision he made outside your nose. This is hardly v
visible at all. No one will notice the incision after it is healed ;))

It is a very difficult task to rebuild the bridge and tip and only very experienced doctor can do that and even promise excellent results.

The most you have to experience is the swelling which is longer, but it is not permanent.

I say, GO FOR IT!!