BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

Anyone have a bad smile that the paranasals improved? Most people seem to have smiles they liked, got paranasals which maybe improved their relaxed face but negatively impacted their smile. Maybe it's hard to separate the paranasal effect from the rhinoplasty effect and they probably play off one another?

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

um, it has been refined a lot. they developed new methods to carve the rib to prevent warping. they've learned to expect absorption over a long period of time. someone posted a video from dr wang where he made a rib nose that could move easily (does anyone have more info on that? can someone translate the video for us?).

i dont think that rib is inherently good or bad for nose jobs. as angleplane said, it is used for larger augmentations. so you shouldnt choose rib if you want a small augmentation of a few mm.

the best material varies from person to person. and you have to make that decision and do research based on your needs.

for example, i got 6 pieces of rib cartilage inserted (including 2 for the paranasals). i doubt that any combination of silicone/goretex, septal and ear cartilage would be able to replicate the structure that dr lee gave me. but as angleplane said, rib cartilage cant give small augmentations the way silicone or goretex can; for smaller augmentations, rib is not ideal.

so its really based on your particular needs.

^ that was regarding the aesthetic outcome.

regarding the medical safety, rib cartilage has proven to be safe. if you look it up in a medical journal, the infection rate is comparable to (or less than) silicone. rib cartilage doesnt normally extrude or contract, but it can warp depending on the skill of the surgeon. its generally agreed that rib cartilage is a safe material, vague rhetoric notwithstanding :smile:

imo, rib, ear and septal cartilage, I shaped silicone, and goretex are medically safe as documented by medical journals. L shaped silicone is debatable. and there isnt much formal research on other materials.

apparently the septi nasal muscle is 'routinely' cut during a rhinoplasty according to a surgeon on realself.com
i think angleplane said that hers were "transposed and sewed" so we probably got the same thing done. teri probably had hers cut and the muscle retracted and never reattached or something. hopefully our smiles go back to normal since ours werent cut like teri hatcher's

I agree. My tip is harder, and my smile changes too

i dont recall having my middle bridge move before i had surgery. and from this youtube video, i only noticed a few ppl who had prominent muscles that tightened on the sides of their nose when they smiled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGU_SHufUBk

so i think my bridge looks normal when i smile. its just that my upper lip is a few mm lower than before. so i'd have to strain harder to get the same smile that i used to have, otherwise i get the granny effect

did your bridge used to move when you smiled?

@Angleplane - so happy you are liking your nose/face again. You are such a brave and strong gal. Thanks for sharing all the info. Your posts are always intriguing and insightful. I still can't believe you returned to Korea so soon and got it fixed.

i just assumed that they had their surgeries done at wonjin. maybe someone who can read korean can help us out. someone find kboy lol. he had his surgery at wonjin

if your refering to kayrider aka sofa king < i think he got banned from this forum a while back ago. i wasn't to sure for the reasons ?

no. there was a korean guy called kboy (or something similar, like koreanboy) who got his nose done at wonjin. he posted pics but he took them down later. but he was one of the few ppl here who could speak korean

hey, do you think you could do a google translation for us since you have access to naver? thanks

i think it would be a good idea to remove the names of the writers though

It only says that they visited him or it is just their profiles.

When I navered the clinic, I ran into a couple of articles that say it recently joined the trend to bring in more foreign customers.

Man, reading all the recent posts made me think twice about the viability of getting small amount of augmentation. I mean, now that rib doesn't seem ideal for adding minimal amount of projection, what else is there that is "safe" to use in the long term if one doesn't like to use synthetic materials? Ear cartilage? Fascia (or whatever it is)? Seems like such a gamble.