BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

Yeah, since I don't have an implant I don't know how that complicates things. The ridge is just above the cheek. If you look at this webpage Fig 2 is where they do the lateral osteotomies

http://www.therhinoplastycenter.com/Rhinoplasty-Manual/ch7_3.html

So that's where it would be.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I agree that her nose is a little bit too "strong" but could be just some swelling.

Thank you! It looks like the ridge should be at the the junction between the cheek and the nasal bone? Are you able to tell if the nasal bone sticks out or in? I mean when you run your finger from the cheek to the nasal bone, how do you feel the ridge?

I tried to explain it with this picture. Dimensions may be a little exaggerated.

Hi,

I've found this picture. I think it shows what a plumping graft can look like. It also describes what I meant by "fatty" (it is right under the nasal base, below the columella). Don't pay attention to the nostrils, I did not select this picture for them (even if they look kind of weird).
In my case, I am not sure I had a plumping graft, but the columella strut gave that effect.

I sort of had this look under my columella (like on the picture). When I asked a waiter in a bar who had the exact same appearance under the nose, I asked him if something happened or if it was always like that. He answered "Oh, that, it's just tobacco that I leave under my lip." After that, I was even more convinced to fly back to Korea to have the rib grafts removed.
I don't know how many pieces of rib graft were removed, but that part was removed.

i just had nose revision at O and young clinic 4 weeks ago. the surgery was pretty intensive and complicated. anyone that had major surgery on their nose with rib cartilage how much of the swelling goes down after a month? what about the months after? the tip still seems wide to me and the bridge still seems a bit high

hi. i just came back from seoul and had my eyes and nose done. the nose was a complicated surgery. i couldnt speak any korean but my cousin translated and found the right doctors for me and went with me on appointments. she started a business for plastic surgery advisory since a lot of people dont know the doctors and the language. let me know if you want her contact info.

i think it is the columellar strut. I have that and I hate it. I saw that effect right after the surgery and asked to fix it but i was told it was the swelling but 2mo+ post op, it is still there.

hi all,

I'm looking for subtle changes to my nose. I have wide alars and bulbous tip. Has anybody undergone alarplasty + tip plasty ONLY (without bridge augmentation) with Dr Lee from Banobagi? What are your comments on these procedures? Heard some forumers saying that they had piggy noses after the surgery... does it have to do with not doing bridge augmentation? I'm confused. :sad:

Can anyone explain to me what is alar rim grafting? Is this putting a small piece of graft on your wing to straighten the wing? If so, after alar rim grafting, does the wing become hard and not flexible anymore? I try to find out if I have this grafting or not becuase my wings are still very soft and they flare out when I smile, so I hope that I don't have any graft in them.

@ purply: yes, I met one girl who exactly had that done at Banobagi (alarplasty+tip plasty only), she has a nickname on the forum, I don't remember which one (she posted around 10 posts), she made a review of her consultations at Dr Jung, VIP, Ganobagi and Grand clinic. Hope you'll find her, she posted the review I think in the beginning of August around the 3rd I think.

@McDreamy : I can imagine what you're enduring...having that left there. By the way, how do you accommodate to socialize knowing that your face will change after December? Also, are people not worried that tissues are deforming to get used to the new shape that some may not keep ?

@ charlieoh : if you click on Kain's signature, you'll see how much it went down for him. His bridge used to be high at the level of eyebrows and then, it was at the level of the pupils, then it can take 6 months to see the main result, and with years it continue to get thinner up to a certain point.