BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

angleplane, i'm really sorry to hear about your experience at vip :sad:
it seems like you had a really tough time there...

but, like you mentioned, as long as your satisfied with your nose, the horrible service from vip won't matter as much.

i do hope your nose absorbs so i'll reach the height that you're comfortable with.

thanks for your honesty!!!

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wondering Now I'm having second thoughts about going to VIP for rhino after hearing about how they treated you... honestly the staff seemed so cold and rude towards you! And they kicked you out after 7 days?? That just seems wrong to treat a patient like that after they've had major surgery...I can't imagine you running around Seoul trying to find a place to stay.

When I had my mandible done at BK I was allowed to stay as long as I wanted (though I left in 6 days, but my friend stayed for 3 weeks).

Do you like your rhino better or is it still too swollen to tell? I've contacted JoAnn and she told me that Dr.Lee suggested I have ear+ septal cartilage + silicone bridge done.
What would you rate your overall experience with VIP? and if possible do you have any pics you could share?

Angleplane, your experience with VIP is so different from mine and I "only" had a rhinoplasty here. Was there some misunderstanding between you and JoAnn? JoAnn has been nothing but helpful towards me and any problems I have, I can go to her. I doubt it's a money issue because like you said, you spend so much there.

btw, we included you in the korean culture dance. You were having your full lower body lipo on the day itself so JoAnn didn't want you running around town so soon after surgery. But after you asked to be included, she did say yes and counted you in when making the reservations remember? You were there as well when she recounted and said she would make a reservation for 8.

For those who read angleplane's thoughts about VIP..
Angleplane may not have a positive experience with VIP and their staff(s), doesn't mean other people feel the same way. Everyone has different opinions.

To be honest, I was wondering the same thing as yellowsuitcase.. VIP staff were really friendly to me and helped me out a lot. Did you do something that made VIP misunderstand you? I don't see why VIP would be so rude to you and not other people. And you spent more than me.

Hi Angleplane,
I am sorry that you weren't treated nicely at VIP. But i am a little confused as to why they were not nice to you. You did your nose at VIP, they let you stay for 7 nights. Then you did your zygoma+mandible scan at VIP, but the actual procedure at smallface? So they kicked you out of officetel, and JoAnn and the staffs were not nice to you because they think it was a waste of money, and would not invite you for a show. Then you did you lipo with them at the end, then they are nice to you again and paid for some of your hotel expense? Is that the scenario? If that so, it is upsetting that they are definitely money driven over customer service.
Thanks for sharing your experience, I hope you feel better. And cheer up, when the swelling is gone you will be looking a lot better. :okay:

I can speak and read a little. It gets you a lot farther than knowing nothing and its amazing how impressed the locals are with just a little.

I know dr kim at dream la does rib. Is he too young or expensive for you, or you haven't checked him out? He'll be here next week I was told. I catching him in la on Tuesday befre he leaves.

wow. what a terrible experience. thats awful tht they kicked you out knowing u had all those painful procedures done and u had no where to go. since u got more then one procedure shouldnt they have let you stay for the full two weeks. even though those scans were a waste, u spent so much money at vip, so shouldnt they have overlooked that one bump? at least the awful service was worth it though.

wow ur review give me a second thought, that not really nice the way they treat you at least could give you a day or two to look for hotel b4 kick u out i knw VIP is expensive but willing to pay bcuz i may go by myself and i dont knw anything about korea so their customer service is really important to me along with the doctor experiment, i hope everything turn out good for u cuz i see u been suffer a lot

VIP's customer service is really good based on my experience.

After my surgery, the nurses all took care of me well. I had a small fever after the surgery, so they came in almost every hour to switch my ice pack and check my temperature. After I woke up, they gave me porridge and made sure I finished it along with my medicine.

After I was fit to leave, one of front desk workers drove me to offictel.

Everyday when I go in to change for dressing, the nurses were always very friendly, even though it was hard communicating with them because their english was very limited. Whenever I went to change my dressing, Joann would come up to the 3rd floor area and talk with the patients. Dr. Lee and Dr. Sung (or was it Song?) are both quite funny imo.

Joann actually spoke to me about reasons why she did not want angleplane in their offictel (I'm not going to explain it here though).
To angleplane: After you went to my room for 1 night, and then townstory's, you went back to your old room and slept for 2 nights even after Joann wanted you to leave. Joann did actually know that you were still in the offictel, but she did not kick you out even then.

Regarding the steri strips: That's the price we all had to pay. Usually the steri strips would last at least a week or more after they help you change it (during the same time they help you change dressing). After that, you will have to purchase them yourself.

Anyway, I just wanted to speak up for VIP because you can only hear one side of the story from angleplane.

I too find angleplane's experience really strange and definitely atypical. I had excellent service and aftercare from the nurses, dr lee and dr song. The other patients I talked to had similar experiences as well. True, JoAnn was super busy, but it's never like you can't find her when you had problems. I could always call JoAnn or the reception and they would definitely do their best to help me with my problems. Eg. I remember calling JoAnn telling her that I didn't like the pillows in my room, that I needed more pillows and I got my 2 huge fluffy pillows within 30mins delivered right to my doorstep.

Like KeKeKeKe said, they drove me to the officetel even though it's just a 10mins walk away. JoAnn also came over and gave the patients living at the officetel a ride to the clinic. (I didn't want to though. I enjoy my morning walk to the clinic. It's less than 10 mins away. I don't really need it.) Huixin(one of the girls at the front desk) was super sweet and she helped me collect my medication and changed my currency for me.

I'm confused about you not being happy with your nose though. Remember when we first met on the third floor and you said you were extremely happy with your nose and the way it turn out? That it was exactly what you wanted ie low radix and high projection and that you told the doctor every detail like where you wanted your bridge to start, how high you wanted your radix, how you wanted to look like from the profile and from the front and dr lee gave you exactly what you wanted?

Also, my roommate met you living in one of the rooms at the officetel as late as 19th June but you mentioned to me once that you were in Seoul and the officetel since 1st June.

I understand that emotions run high after surgery, my own emotions change everyday but it seems as though you tell a different story every time.

Edited to add: about JoAnn giving a ride from the officetel, i wasn't sure if that's something they arranged with JoAnn before hand. I never found the need to do that so I didn't really care.

angleplane i really liked your honesty, when you talked about your experience with smallface on cozycot, but here it seems.. at least when bashing VIP maybe you should tell the whole story :dots:

I know people speak very highly of him, but I'm a little concerned because he is young and as a result won't have as much experience as some of the doctors in korea...

Second time dealing with VIP - More than happy.

Hi guys, I was a bit upset after reading angleplane's post. I did not know what exactly happen between VIP clinic and her. But my experience as well as the bunch of friends that I met via the forum at VIP's experience were totally different. We had very enjoyable trip there and have been well looked after even it was the clinic's peak season.

As many ppl who have followed my previous posts, I cut the long story to short. I had my fifth nose job with Dr Lee last year in December after many other surgeons including Dr Jung failed to grant me a good nose.

Dr Lee is a very skillful and nice doctor. He spent more than 10 hours in the surgery room to correct the issues that I had on my nose from previous bad nose jobs. He is a perfectionist. He will not leave the surgery room to take a break if he is not satisfied with the result. As my nose right side has a serve deviation. There were not enough cartilage, soft tissue and skin. Dr Lee used dermis to make both sides of my nose symmetrical. As you all can imagine, for a girl who had so many bad nose jobs, I was extremely cautious and I have done a lot of research and communicated with JoAnn for more than 50 emails. JoAnn is a super sweet and warm hearted person, she has never been out of patience even that I asked her same questions again and again and again. She always writes me a very detailed email to address each of my single concern. She for sure has given me a lot of support. I felt that I trusted her from my heart. Sometime as she is so caring, I even got confused and think she is my own sister :P

Due to my own body's high absorption for the dermis, I came back for a touch up in June. Even this is only a touch up case where they make no money out of it, I did not feel that Dr Lee and JoAnn and other staff in the clinic have cared less about me. On the contrast, they understood my feelings perfectly well and they always paid a lot attention to me to make sure everything went well. I felt that they have given each individual client as much care as they can. I arrived on Sunday, which is the only day off for them during the week. JoAnn did not only arrange the pick up service for me but also ring me up to check if everything is ok. Again Dr Lee spent quite a few hours to put fascia in my nose to make it beautiful again. Given the fact that I arrived at a peak season and it is only a touch up case, Dr Lee checked my nose each single day to make sure it is ok for more than two weeks. Dr Lee even sacrificed his Sunday to come to the clinic to check my nose. Again this time I found JoAnn was super busy, I often saw her running from upstairs to downstairs. Sometime she was too busy to wait the lift. But whenever my friends and I have a question, she always explain to us patiently. She even paid us to go for a fantastic Korea Show and had nice buffet at a five star hotel.

This is the second time I have dealt with VIP, all I can assure with the people that who are interested in the clinic is that you will be well looked after in this clinic. In VIP you can not only have the nicest and most skillful surgeon in Korea, but also enjoy the top notched service provided by the friendly staff.

I too am a bit sad after reading angleplane's post. I arrived in Seoul on 19th Jun evening and shared the officetel for one night with angleplane in Rm 713. Angleplane's was telling me she's done eye/nose/smallface/fatgraft, staying in Seoul till 27th Jun and she's yet to decide on her lasik/lipo surgeries in d week to come, but she's not sure if VIP's allowing her in officetel till then ... cos she did her surgeries elsewhere ...

I left for clinic at 8am the next day, met JoAnn, mentioned about angleplane in passing remarks and THAT"S when I was told Rm 713 is supposed to be empty, that the clinc had discharged angleplane from their care b4 she heads for her surgeries at Smallface and she had went back to the officetel without permission using the passcode which the clinc had forgotten to change. I thought this wasn't my business, after all I'm to stay in clinic's recovery room for the next few days ... until I met angleplane again at VIP 2F after my surgery and she claimed she'd been kicked out of the officetel becos I complained about her.. I remembered I stared at her speechless.

My own experience at VIP has been pleasant, the Doctors, nurses, admin staff have all been caring and considerate and JoAnn, being the person who speaks English well, has taken upon herself to check on me regularly, making sure I'm eating and coping well. At least to me, she is one hardworking lady who's passionate about her job. Even though she's super busy, I remember she ran off to get medications for me when she hears me moaning in pain and when she sees that my face looks pale, even w/o me asking her to.