BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My nose is healing great! Everything looks like its in normal proportion now, including the radix and bridge. The tip.. I really can't tell if its still swollen but it looks nice. I even like the alarplasty now.

My smile is also improving, very slowly. It still looks bad in photos though.

I was looking through really old candid photos of me today and I must say, my facial structure was chubby and kinda ugly before my chin implant and first rhino.. so I am happy and grateful for my new face. My friends keep asking if I did other procedures to my face; they asked if I got my eyes done or if I bleached my skin (lol). Some of them have been too polite to ask, but I can see them staring out of the corner of my eyes.

It's been 1 month 2 days since my surgery, and I am comfortable with my new look now.

BTW *** Rib patients, did you guys take any muscle relaxers when you got home? I forgot to get a prescription from Dr. Lee, and I'm wondering how to get one from any general practitioner here.

Yup! Well my bridge was fairly high but i didn't have a curve so they made a curve for me as well. Since it's only the tip I used septal and ear cartilage. I really liked my nose shape before , it's just that it was a little too big for my face and the tip was bulbous. I used septal and ear cartilage, I also did alar base and paranasal with silicone. Together it was 5600usd, which is pretty good for 3 operations eh, and 2 weeks accomandation^^. Actually I think I might have gotten the paranasal done for free. Cause after the consultation with dr.Lee I told JoAnn I didn't want the paranasal cause my mom didn't want me to have any implants ( but I dont mind much). She said listen to your mom a and didn't charge me for it :smile: then she gave me a 10% discount. I dont think she discussed it with dr Lee though cause I woke up from the surgery with them done anyway =.=; but oh well, what is done is done, right now I honestly cant tell whether it made a difference or not. Right now I'm at 7 days post op and I got my cast and stitches taken out today and holy **** my nose is freaken HUGE. I like the bridge curve but the tip is like kinda square and pointed up and big T.T I look like a pig. And it's like leaning obviously to one side, the tip I mean. I'm pretty sure it's the swelling and it's doing it unevenly, I just really hope it recovers soon :'(. They said it will take up to a year for the tip to finish swelling, but it should be down to a socially acceptable size in another week? My face swelling is almost gone I think , it swelled up to like twice its size cause of the paranasal, but I still have yellow bruises all over my face >< J-frank gave me some swelling/bruising gel thingy earlier that I hope will help :biggrin: anyway I think I will like my nose once it deswells and drop down a little. My experience at VIP was realllly nice :biggrin: all the staff/other patients here were so nice and helpful. I got a free mole removal and sunspots on my face removed ~ the facials and hair washes are fun too. The driver saved me so much trouble from and to the airport. I ended up coming earlier 3 days and JoAnn put me in a hotel besides the officetel with her own money, which was so nice of her. ^^ She even offered the pay for my tiffany necklace when I left it in the locker and it was gone TT (but I declined since my bf gave me it, so the material value didn't matter much) oh and my roommate got her eyes done here and it looks so pretty ! Maybe I'll get my epi done here when I'm older :P

Hello (:

This is my first post after following this thread for YEARS (2006?). Certified TPF lurker. In the recent years, I've been heavily researching on rhinoplasty and what options are best for me. I'm aiming for my possible Rhinoplasty surgery to be within the next year, during the summer. Ultimately, another reason I am on here is to find someone to go with because I am very anxious to go alone! What I want more in the world is for another person to bear witness to my swollen face/nose. :biggrin:

My first choice was Banobagi, but I've found out that Dr. Lee from Banobagi doesn't specialize in rib cartilage for augmentation and they were recommending me to have a silicon implant, which is frustrating.

My other choices were:
Belita, but they haven't emailed me back yet. I'm not even sure if I had sent it to the correct email address either. There doesn't seem to be an existing email address listed on their website. I haven't heard a response from them in months and that's pretty disappointing.

My greatest fear for my rhinoplasty would be:
- Looking like Michael Jackson years later.
- Going under the knife and having to go back for more revisions - the endless cycle of plastic surgeries.

I have no room for error in my decision to do so. What I would like is to go in for Rhinoplasty and it'll be perfect for.... forever with no problems in the future. But I'm not quite sure if that's possible... My main important priorities is to use autologous tissue and to use implants at a very, very last option.

These past few months, I've been really enjoying my consultation and constant emails with Joann of VIP Clinic. I've been in contact with her ever since I've moved back to the States from Hong Kong. She's really sweet and sends a lot of my messages back and forth with Dr. Lee, so I hear a response pretty quick from her. I am 90% sure this is my final decision on choosing VIP as the clinic to go to. I will be getting a Rib Cartilage Graft Rhinoplasty.

I do have a few questions for those that already have done Rhinoplasty, more particularly at the VIP Clinic with Ribs used as the 'material'. Any help would grateful and utmost helpful in my research to finalize my surgery date with VIP:
Some of these questions are pretty personal, so if you would feel more comfortable sending me a message about it, that would be fine too. (:
1. How would you describe the texture of your nose after the Rib Rhinoplasty? Extremely Hard? Bone hard? Does it feel like a "regular" nose?
2. Are you able to flare your nostrils anymore? Make a piggy nose?
3. Have you had any problems kissing your significant other because of this? Especially during heated moments when you're passionately making out and your faces are touching.
The point I'm trying to get here is during a romp - missionary, my significant other would usually push his face forcefully against mine, with some pressure. And I'm scared that maybe after the rhinoplasty my nose would:
A: Fall off.
B. Move to a side of my face.
C. End up looking like Michael Jackson's nose immediately after.
4. Did you tell your parents about the Rhinoplasty? How?
I am 23, but my parents are the typical Chinese traditional family.... So I'm afraid hell would break loose if I were to say anything to do with plastic surgery..
I'm aiming to go to Korea as a "trip" and see if they noticed the difference when I get back.

Warmest regards,
Schrö

Hi everyone!

I've been lurking here for a while...but the thread moves so fast that I can't keep up :amuse:

I've been thinking about getting my eyes and nose done for the past 3 months...I honestly haven't researched much so I don't know if I should get it this August or wait until this winter or maybe even next summer? I'm sooooo scared of the surgeon messing it up though >_< some of my friend's double eyelid surgery makes them look really weird to be honest... I should devote a day or two to read all the threads on here and soompi :P

JuicyMe: can you send me pictures of your friends surgeries? I saw the one pic that didn't get deleted...omg she's gorgeous!! Is she mixed?

hello:smile:
do you mind if i can i take a look at your b&a photos too?

Congratulation!!:amuse:

For those who traveled to Seoul for surgery (most people):

Have you had any trouble when returning to your country (@ the airport/in your home-country in daily life) with your old ID and 'new' face?

@BBgurly: Congrats on your pregnancy !

@Kain : Why do you think I am still in Korea ? You're the TPF detective...lol
I stayed in Korea 21 days the first time.
I am planning in going back to Korea. Therefore, it means I am not currently there.
If you read the end of the correspondence I had with Joann and that I posted on this forum, you'll see that I left Korea.

As for the USD250, yes you're right. I meant 250 000KW for the hotel, one week.

@Jesse00 : Yes, I am planning on coming back to Korea very soon. I will talk about my corrections after my new trip, if I go.
If you go to VIP, I'd say it is a good choice, just make sure that you know what you want as for your bridge and paranasal implant.
Otherwise, in general, I'd advice to have consultations with other clinics for rhinoplasty, for example 101, JW and April31.

As for facial contour, VIP and Smallface had different opinions, with retrospective, I think my tastes are closer to Smallface's suggestions. While I was in Korea, I was hesitating, but now, I think I made the right choice not to augment my chin and forehead as suggested by VIP clinic. I like feminine faces, I do not want to caucasianize my face, who's features are stronger, more angular. I like angular faces, but with our Asian skulls, I don't think plastic surgery can give a beautiful caucasian face starting with an Asian skull. If it can look nice on pictures, or on males, then, facial expressions could be affected and then, we may look fake, and therefore ugly.

No problem at all. I still had my splint on so for all they knew I could be a totally different person. My passport expires next year which means my picture is of me 10 years ago and 50 lbs heavier. Also since passports are frontal pics even dramatic nose jobs are going to look closer to your old self than profile and half profile views. You could always try to go burqa style and see if they ask any questions.

I got asked for a 2nd id from the US customs guy (he said it was bc I had totally different skin color than my id. Lost my tan in Korea)

And at home, I get asked to smile, or for a 2nd id, at clubs. So I will have to change my photo at the dmv and passport whenever my nose settles to its final result.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. omg post some pics of the kiddos next time ok?

you have to take gd care and rest well!! forget abt the burger stacko for now! lol

This is what I had it mind. Seocho is not what I would call walking distance but for $125 a week you have a lot of money to spend on taxis, etc.

http://www.airbnb.com/rooms/154301

The place close to VIP is

http://www.airbnb.com/rooms/104081

I would not recommend this place now since my contacts in Seoul have said that although the rain stopped (they just finished having 1 month of near constant rain) it is very very hot right now and this room has no AC

@Schrodinger

1. How would you describe the texture of your nose after the Rib Rhinoplasty? Extremely Hard? Bone hard? Does it feel like a "regular" nose? hard for awhile- am at 6th months- still hard ,the others vipians got softer i dunt know how.
2. Are you able to flare your nostrils anymore? Make a piggy nose?- not yet. ever?
3. Have you had any problems kissing your significant other because of this? Especially during heated moments when you're passionately making out and your faces are touching.
The point I'm trying to get here is during a romp - missionary, my significant other would usually push his face forcefully against mine, with some pressure. And I'm scared that maybe after the rhinoplasty my nose would:
A: Fall off.
B. Move to a side of my face.
C. End up looking like Michael Jackson's nose immediately after.
D.nose poke into his eyes.

4. Did you tell your parents about the Rhinoplasty? How?
I am 23, but my parents are the typical Chinese traditional family.... So I'm afraid hell would break loose if I were to say anything to do with plastic surgery..
I'm aiming to go to Korea as a "trip" and see if they noticed the difference when I get back.-- LOL did the same, failed.

Warmest regards,
Schrö[/QUOTE]