BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

I spoke up not because I felt that I want to be in good relations with VIP. VIP is very professional and would provide for the my accomodations as arranged with JoAnn even before I arrive in Seoul. Facial treatments are only for patients who cannot wash their own face because of the cast. I don't qualify for these anymore. There will be no more discounts since that would require further spending and I'm not getting anything else done in the forseeable future.

I think it's rather upsetting that even now you're trying to discredit our(other people who disagreed with you) experiences by insinuating that we have something to gain from VIP.

Personally, I agree that more information is good and it would benefit future rhinoplasty patients. It's also good to share experiences but when sharing, shouldn't we tell the whole truth rather than selectively hiding certain information so as to distort the picture? Why did you not mention that you were so messy that no other patients wanted to room with you? Or that you just about wrecked the room you were staying in at the officetel? I moved into your room right after you left and the computer was wrecked totally. The cables were pulled out and lying about and nothing was working. There were no hangers, plates, bowls, fork, and knife even though they were still all there on 19th when you were in the room and every room i've been to in the officetel has them.

The reason I said I was confused was that you mentioned something different everytime I heard from you and I wasn't sure which one was true.
1. You mention in person that you were ultra specific from the radix to the bridge to the tip from every angle which is why you got the perfect nose. I thought wow, I should have done that during my consultation with Dr. Lee. We had a good conversation and I found you driven and pleasant.

2. You mention here that you didn't specify the bridge to Dr. Lee and it was the only part you said was up to him and he gave you a too high bridge. So, did you or did you not specify your bridge?

3. You mention that you had a nose that was too big for your face. It sounds as though Dr. Lee gave you a nose that was too big for your face.

So from what I understand now, Dr. Lee gave you a nose totally to your specifications, before you went and had further surgery on your face at another clinic even though he discouraged you from doing so and now you have a nose that is too big for your face but you take responsibility for it because it was what you wanted all along even though you find yourself ugly right now?

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To add to KeKeKeKe's information, train tickets are about 1500won per ride if you get single journey tickets. the 500won is a deposit you can get back if you return your card.

Ginseng chicken soup or other more "healing" stuff costs about 13 000 to 20 000 won.

You might need a visa permit if you're from certain countries. I think China needs a permit. If you're from the states you can just fill up the little card on your arrival and it would be fine.

I agree with bisousx that healing is annoying. Very annoying. You start to get obsessed about your nose. Take pictures of it from every angle and then start freaking out. I freak out regularly. About 3 times a day, more if I happen to pass by reflective surfaces.

From my personal experience, the parts where you freak out tend to change although there is one over arching feature that you consistently freak out about when there's nothing else to freak out. For me it's asymmetrical nostrils. I freak out at least once about my nose being too big, too small, too high, not high enough, how it makes my eyes look like a snake demon's, how it's too wide here and not wide enough there, how my nostrils are still partially showing, how my columella isn't low enough, how weird i look, how i want my old nose back, how I don't want my old nose back but i don't want my new nose etc. but overall, i worry most about asymmetrical nostrils and I feel this overwhelming urge to check out my nostrils everytime i go to the bathroom or pass by a mirror.

and i think bisousx, townstory and others can assure you that i'm pretty chill when it comes to my nose. So, be prepared emotionally at least to hate looking at yourself for some time.

I also agree about hating your nose (sometimes) after surgery. I feel like sometimes it looks like a better version of my old one, but then sometimes I think the bridge is getting too narrow and I freak out. This morning, I went from loving to hating my nose (a few times) in literally 15 minutes.

Sometimes I think about taking the implant out b/c I think I prefer a wider bridge, but I know I won't make any decisions until at least 3 months. It's hard getting used to a relatively big physical change, so as yellowsuitcase said; be prepared for the ups and downs!

BTW, I'm so obsessed that I have a hand mirror and camera right by my bedside.

I find myself comparing my 'real life' face vs my 'photo face.'

It seems that sometimes I like how i look in my iphone photos, but in my nicer camera, i look weird. Like it captures all the angles/shadows. Then I compare it to the face in the hand mirror.

...I'm really starting to crack. :woot::blush:

@crok hey I think those are legitimate concerns! I spent years trying to figure out the best angles on camera to hide my flat and bulbous nose. Now its time to figure out the angles suited for the new nose.

even though angleplanes post was a bit discouraging, i think i will still stick with dr lee from vip for my rhino next month

i keep hearing all the good comments of peoples beautiful noses, so i was wondering, if i could have a look too? :kiss: [email protected]

migookinamjathe video! it .is. a bit joker smile, but your nose looks really good imo! and only 72h post op!

Completely feel you. I think of taking my implants out sometimes bc it makes my nose loo too big. But then i decide to give it a chance wait for a couple of months..

Hey Crok,,
How is your healing progess?
I got my nose and jaw done on 24th at banobagi.
I dont have that love or hate feeling, but I do look at the mirror in every 5-10 mins lol. Sometimes i hold two mirrors trying to see it in different angles. I think the more i look at my new nose, the shorter time it will take me to get used to it. And the sooner that I am used to it, the easier it will be when i go see my own friends in my country lol. it sounds easy but i do hope so!.

everyone - how would you answer if a friend say that you look different and ask if you have a nose job?
for myself Im afraid to admit, beacuse i live in a small city and then the fact will get lost through people to people. they might take away some words or add some to the story. so i might just deny it.
what about you guys?

It is rainning super heavily in yeoksam/gangnam today. >"<

to anyone considering genioplasty, i should mention that i still have a whitish raise line scar inside my mouth, below my teeth.

i think gingseng is one of the things that some doctors will avoid. it thins the blood and some ppl think it shouldnt be taken immediately after surgery

I think it depends on what kind of friends you have. Overall, if it's obvious, people are going to know for sure. It's just whether they are willing to play the pretend game with you. Also, different people will require different tactics to deal with.

I'm just going to smile and say you guess if people ask. Own up to it if they're really close friends and then swear them to secrecy. Deny till my dying breathe if my dad asks.

Oops. Haha. But seriously, I do like the ginseng chicken soup. Then again, I think I really don't bleed easily. Although I was told to stop taking vitamin e, omega 3 and other blood thinners before my surgery.

For friends I know well and co-workers, they already knew before I left to Korea. I'm wondering how I'm going to approach the people that are aquantainces but I don't know well. For example, people who work at restaurants near my job that have seen me thousands of times, so they know me, but not really.

I kinda got a taste of this in Korea when I went to a restaurant that I've gone to over the past couple of times I've been to Korea. They instantly recognized me and started giggilng, in a kinda loving way. Still I felt kinda embarrassed as it was the only time someone had actually said something and pointed out what I had done. I tried explaining to them that I had had a bike accident (which is true) but then realized that the last time I was in Korea I already had evidence of my bike accident. Now I'm back in the US and just want to get my cast off.

What's new? If you had your surgery the 24th be glad you were indoors for a couple of days. A flippin typhoon rolled through those days.

There are only two of my close friends know i had the idea of getting my nose done. i'm sure they could tell when they see me lol just hope they arent gonna gossip around.

yeah telling them to guess is like admitting it silently. but yea it is a good idea. the more you explain the more they get to talk about.
my family including my parents dont know about this too. i'm thinking if one day they notice the difference and start comparing if my nose looks like my mom or my dad's, and the answer is neither of them lol