BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

I like what I look now. I know I look horrible before especially my mouth. With my chin, it balances it out. If I do eyes I will be completely different but I have no thoughts of doing that yet. I spent a lot of money and I have to refill my wallet. Once I get to my financial gain, I might consider of getting my eyes done. My eyes have double lids, but I would like to widen the size of my eyes.

I had an incision with 3mm+ silicon and septal cartilage. Raising my bridge and the tip of my nose made my nose slimmer. What I've learned is that if you don't have enough septal cartilage to raise the tip of your nose, the doctor will use your ear cartilage. If they used your ear cartilage, you have to be careful of your ear of getting wet when you wash or take shower for the first 2 weeks or you might get an infection. Using your cartilage in addition to silicon implant will drive the cost of your nose job up, but it is more beneficial.

I have gained some confidence in front of cameras. I was too muscular, but I will try to toned down a little to see if I look better.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Solus,

i remember talking to u a while back (3 years ago as a matter of fact) when u posted about Dr.Fukuta's work.

-edit- wait nevermind i am confusing u with another asian guy his name was "mcqueen" and he lived in los angeles...thats not u is it?

Im surprised that u ended up getting silicone implant why didnt u opt for rib? it could have given you a much more extreme drastic look. I think you and i have similar aesthetic wants. i much prefer sharp & masculine face as opposed to soft & feminine (like alot of the korean male celebs)

also im surprised that they ended up using ear cartilage on ur tip becasue ear cartilage has the highest absorption rate of any cartilage...

in order of absorption

1. ear
2. septal
3. rib

i did read some of ur back posts and u mentioned fukuta...why didnt u go to fukuta to get rib augmentation? that could have given u the drastic improvement u wanted...

so far i think the improvement is VERY big though but i agree with u that it could have been more.

Read my last post again. They used septal cartilage on my tip

I went to Migo Clinic in Seoul. Apgujung station (spelling?). The doctor and staff don't speak english and you're gonna need an interpreter. I was there with a Korean friend to explain what I need. However, the consultant said they help foreigners by hiring an interpreter at no cost.

Hi Lucky!

I called Dream Surgery too, and they didn't give me too much information. Also the before and after photos are very limited but they said they will have plenty to show you during the consultation. I'm leaning heavily to Oz Clinic and Banobagi. Their staff and response is excellent, not to mention their loads of wonderful before and after pictures.

I'm going to Seoul in March 14-March 20th so it would be really nice if we can share accommodations and save on cost. When are you going? Please send me a PM if you are interested. There's another girl who's going in march too, so we could all go together. I've lived in Korea for 4 years before I came back for school in California so I know Seoul decently.

Talk to you soon!

is there a reason why u didnt go to Fukuta (who is known for more extreme work?) what about the migo clinic made u want to go there?

solus,
don't say you looked horrible! we all look better with tweaks --- when the tweaks go well, right! hahaha... congrats so much and you must be enjoying the changes! and as far as for working out, it's really best to be healthy --- eat healthy and regular exercise, and stuff like that! happy healing again and sending well wishes!

bokchoy,
i might be going around that time too! whereabouts are you from? are you still in calfironia? do you think it'll be busy around that time (spring break)? lots of people going there for surgery? what hotel are you thinking of staying at? if i go, i'll try to get flight set up by february. what hotels are you looking at?

i'm looking into oz more too 'cause dr park seems really nice... he even praises a fellow colleague on his consultation board! i heard anywhere in apgujung is good? i see from your trip itinerary that you will be there for a few days --- are you planning to do consults there for 1-2 days? that sounds like a good idea actually. however i just can't decide if the upturned look that tends to be the trend is really my thing. what kind of work are you thinking of having done (implant?)?

Hi Curiious!

You made me so excited! Come with me! I've already booked a nonrefundable airplane and hotel room, and it would be great if we can share a room to save on costs. Are you travelling with anyone? Specially if you're going alone, we can share the hotel that I booked, and it'll be like $30/person. The location is awesome in the middle of all the clinics.

I'm still in california going to school, which is why I have to go in March during spring break. I have a midterm test March 12th, fly out at midnight the same night, and arrive on March 14th, with surgery on March 15th. Whew! Then I leave in 6 days. I'm doing all of my research and consultations via email with pictures and I'm torn between Banobagi and Oz.

I'm also mildly curious about Migo, Jelim, Dream and RealCosmetic. Honestly, all of those clinics are in the Apgu/Gangnam area, so they are pretty famous. But so far me, the OZ doctor seems to be so professional and prompt with emails so I have a good feeling about hiim.

What's your MSN ID or email? I wanna PM you but i don't think I have 5 messages posted yet.

Talk to you soon!
PS. Is your spring break at the same time as school? March 15-March 19?
Another note too, try to get your flight bought soon, because I'm sure the prices will increase as we get closer to spring break. :smile:

bokchoy,

no, you're the one making me excited! hahaha! thx for your reply! aww, it would be nice to: 1) split hotel costs, 2) be with someone :smile:! i mean for company too because i can't imagine being a swollen-faced person alone in their hotel room, hahaha! even just thinking about it makes me T.T, LMAO! and if either of us would be up for it, we can check out the stores too (or "revisit" or 'regular shopping' for you since you've already been to seoul, lucky you ;) !). underground mall and skinfood? and just FOOD, simply? yumyums! haha.

thanks for the reminder about plane tix prices going ^^^, i'm going to jot down a "definite decision date" in february. i don't want to inconvenience you so if someone else takes you up on the hotel-splitting offer, don't feel obligated to me or anything because i know i can't decide yet. if i can go, flight probably mar 15 & arrive mar 16-ish?

are you doing your eyelids + nose? or just eyelids? it seems like korean doctors do especially great eyelid results! if i were doing eyelids, i'd head there for the surgery too! but i'm only going for nose and i seriously cannot decide (scared) and only have that "window of time" to do it in or else i'd have to wait for like another year or something T.T, LOL! plus, i need to figure out the money stuff a bit more clearly first, no doubt this will take a chunk out and i just want to know that i can actually afford it (plane tix + accomm add a whopping figure to the surgery costs) what with tuition and all --- i'm also a student like you, but in canada. you're lucky the exchange rate is decent right now! although it's not crazy good like it was before but hovering around 1,150krw:1usd is pretty darn goods!

i'm curious about all those other clinics too --- i just see so many of them do good work (i don't read korean so i blindly clicked until i found a photo gallery or examples, LMAO) that i'm disappointed to not be able to communicate with them through e-mail. i sent out to clinics whose work i liked but in english so no replies :sad: --- they're probably so busy with the locals anyways that they don't have time, hehe >.<.

anyways, i'm going to pm you my e-mail!

meanwhile, have a good schoolweek (monday = classes in sesh again, haha) and maybe we can figure something out =D! take care!

Hi Everyone!

This is a great topic as I've been considering Asian rhinoplasty for 10 years and over the past 12 months I have been doing extensive research on and off on the procedure. I'm a young Vietnamese female. I have a flat bridge and a wide base. I am looking to augment my bridge, define my tip and narrow the width of my base. I have rather thick skin. I am looking to set a date for surgery within the next 60-90 days hopefully. I have had several consultations with Dr. David W. Kim in San Francisco and based on his expertise in Asian and reconstructive rhinoplasty, I feel that he is the best surgeon for me since my nose job is rather complicated. Based on my needs, he will be harvesting the cartilage from my rib. He mentioned that the scar under my breast fold will be approximately 2 inches long. If anyone has had rhinoplasty with Dr. Kim, would you please let me know your personal feedback?

Also, if you had rhinoplasty using rib cartilage, I would love to hear your story, any recommendations and what to expect post op.

If you can also share what to eat & avoid during and after surgery, I will also appreciate it!

Thank you so much! :smile:

I had had tonsil operation without researching about the post operation. I wish had read everything about it. You are very wise to do that. There are many useful tips on the internet.

The cost of the surgery, accomodation and food are too expensive similar to U.S. The transportation system is very hard. Everything is in Japanese. Atleast, Koreans speak barely English. Believe me I still like Japanese doctors because aesthetic beauty there is Europeanization. My nose is at maximum height. I do not have enough skin to raise my bridge higher. Doctors can only do what you only have.

If I wanna do my eyes I would probably go to there with someone who knows the way around in Japan.

Migo Clinic has a high reputation in Korea. I read in Cozycot, soompi forums and other forums. It took me years to find a good clinic. I went to Korea to get a surgery because I have a Korean friend who can translate and explain what I need. Korean doctors are highly experienced because almost everyone in Korea have plastic surgeries. And, I am from Philippines living in U.S.

Answer this, how can a rib cartilage which is additional to silicon implant give you more drastic change? I do not understand the way you said that rib cartilage+silicon can give you more dramatic results. From what I know, any cartilage is only used to raise the tip of your nose and silicon is used to raise the bridge.

For $4800, I got a chin implant and a nose job (Silicon+septal Cartilage). Last time, I checked the prices at VeriteClinic, it was way out of what I can afford.
Why would you want a scar on your chest? That's another major surgery. If you are into bodybuilding, would you like to show your scar on you chest to the ladies if you are half naked?

just sent you a pm with my msn and email ^.^

Hi Solus,

I'm interested in Migo too, but their website requires a login and I tried, but it didn't work. Do they have any English speaking staff? I know you said Koreans barely speak English, but is there a translator they can hire? A lot of doctors can understand if you speak English but have moderate English ability only. I prefer them to understand exactly what I want. Do you know Migo's email?

Thanks