BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr. Lee just saw my pictures yesterday, and he said that my nose is still swollen. He said that my bridge is healing very nicely and that my tip is still very swollen (especially more noticeable from the front). He did tell me that it would take 2 years to see the final result. To other people, I just look like I have a slightly big nose.

I honestly don't know how to measure how much I have deswelled over the past 4 months. My tip definitely looks swollen. Dr. Lee said that the tip is the last place to heal and that it will become sharper with time. He said that it won't look bulbous even though it doesn't look bulbous to me right now.

I haven't had any small hard bumps. Since you just had surgery and are still healing, you should give it some time. Since Dr. Lee hasn't examined the bump, it's difficult to determine what it even is. It could just go away on its own as the swelling subsides. Your nose is still going through changes, so try to be patient. Have you seen a local plastic surgeon to try to see what the bump is?

Right after my surgery, the right side of my bridge felt a lot higher and more protruded than the left side. It wasn't noticeable physically, but it felt weird when I touch it because it was uneven. But now, both sides are even and feel the same. I was told to give it time, and it only recently became even.

This small hard bump is on the inside of your nose near the septal cartilage area? It's possible it's scar tissue. I have a small hard bump on the inside of my right nostril against the septal cartilage. Had a PS in Beverly Hills look at it and he said it's scar tissue.

Asians are more prone to keloid scarring. You can probably go to a local PS for a free revision consult at which time they'll tell you what the bump is.

that's interesting, but why are you talking to yourself?

:huh:

keloid scars look very distinct, they are a raised pink/brown, fleshy scar so it can't be keloid. maybe you are thinking of some other type of scar?

Sorry I am new to this forum - posted response but did not include the quote.

Kain, I was addressing to you about why you chose Dr. Jung.

kain
Originally Posted by justnormal [​IMG] I had surgery with Dr. Anil Shah to correct a deviated nose. After the surgery, my nose was deviated to the left instead of the right. It didn't look good.

Originally Posted by justnormal [​IMG] Why are you choosing Dr. Jung?

Originally Posted by justnormal [​IMG] here are some information about dr. jung
http://books.google.com/books?id=gaA...20nose&f=false
that's interesting, but why are you talking to yourself?

:huh:

the bump is not inside the nostrils.
It is outside on the bridge itself, under the skin.
It is not noticeable but you can feel it if your run your fingers down.

This is a partial message joAnn wrote:

"I asked Dr. Lee about the bump you have.
[FONT= ]He said for the deviated nose, he uses small pieces of cartilage to support the bridge deviation and correct the asymmetry.[/FONT]
[FONT= ]Dr. Lee thinks the small piece of cartilage moved because the cartilage is still soft and not hardened yet.[/FONT]
[FONT= ]He said this happens to some patients, and since the cartilage is not yet absorbed, you can try to push it in gently with a Q-tip."[/FONT]
[FONT= ] [/FONT]
[FONT= ] [/FONT]
[FONT= ]"[/FONT]
[FONT= ] [/FONT]
[FONT= ] [/FONT]
[FONT= ]Asians are more prone to keloid scarring. You can probably go to a local PS for a free revision consult at which time they'll tell you what the bump is.[/QUOTE][/FONT]

I think my case is going to be like yours. Everywhere else has healed nicely but only my tip.

It is going to be a long journey.

Lets update each other ;z0

there's a quite button on the bottom right hand side of eacc post. i'm kinda torn between dr jung and vip clinic atm.

i'm still kinda leaning toward dr jung because the price will be several thousand dollars cheaper (rib cartilage rhinoplasty, chin implant, paranasal implant) and he has so many before and after pics that i feel that i know what to expect (i've gone through almost all of his b&a pics) and i like his b&a pics

i've already spent over a year planning my trip and it would feel really rushed if i switched at the last moment

a lot of people on this forum go to vip and have great results there so you should consider that one as well. i heard that they treat their customers really well and even provide free accommodation if you book early

here's a link to both sites
http://korea.nose.co.kr
http://www.vipps-clinic.com/

btw, i heard dr shah uses rib cartilage. can you tell us how the healing process went with rib cartilage? was the deviation the only problem with the outcome? how long post op is it and how long was it swollen?

hey BBgurly and Izora, did you guys both have revisions with VIP? not primary right? I'm going there for my very first nose job, and i want it to be my one and only surgery on the nose. are u guys experiencing the swollen tip because they're both revisions?
do u think i'll still take tat long to deswell even if it's my first job?