BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

Yes, both of us are revisions babe!
ANd yes again, i think revision cases takes longer to heal and deswell totally because of old scar tissues that has form from the previous surgery. Skin rejuvenation will be slower too because of trauma from removing implant and longer surgery period.

If you remember mixedgirl, hers was primary surgery and she is recovering amazingly fast. EVen when hers was swollen, it was nothing compared to mine.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Doctor's experiences should be priority rather then before/after pictures?

Well, What I suggest is for you to go to both DOctors together for consultation and decide from there whom you are more comfortable with to go ahead with the surgery.

You can arrange for a consultation with both on the same day. I mentioned to JoAnn that I wanted to consult a few when I am going to Korea and she totally understand saying that we should do that actually because ultimately, not only us, but the doctor himself will feel better if he knows he has your trust.

Hi Kain,

More details regarding Shah. I went to Dr. Shah because I wanted to stay in the United States and he studied under the very famous doctor Toriumi (sp ?). Also, I heard that a few people from this forum went to him. However, besides that, there's not that much information about him.

In my case, I had enough septum so no rib or ear cartileges were needed. After the surgery, I was completely fine, except that my nose was swollen and my eyes were bruised.

The most important outcome I wanted was a straight septum since mine was deviated due to trauma. He also made the bridge a bit higher and he was supposed to sharpen the tip.

The outcome was disappointing, in my opinion. One side of the bridge did not match the other side. The bridge was also slanted so one end of it points to my eye and the other side does not align with my lips. Also, the bridge was too thin and you can see the material.

I think he's a great primary doctor but I think one should ask for more examples before going forth with a doctor. I didn't see a lot of photos at his office. Also, when I googled Toriumi and reviews, it looked like Toriumi had a lot of bad feedback. Read those and then compare.

that's a good idea. i'll probably have a consultation with both clinics before making the final decision.

i know some peopple are interested in what the ear looks like after cartilage is harvested

http://www.nose.co.kr/english/know/read.asp?idx=2046&page=16&S_Kinds=Title&S_STR=&flag=7&LangType=1

ii found that while borwsing. the ear looks sorta funny because the ridges are gone. but that particular person had two pieces harvested so maybe most people's ears would not look that weird after surgery

i remember about 4 years ago i was set on doctor toriumi. i'm so glad i waited because i saw a lot of bad reviews pop up over the past few years.

i hope your next surgery goes well. what material are you planning to use next? you might not have enough septal cartilage for a second surgery

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. Folks, you are great! The willingness to come forward and share your experience and research, I'm thankful for that, it helps. Consulted a few PS in Seoul recently, and considering VIP for a revision rhinoplasty. Had a silicone implant for many yrs, time to take it out cos it is beginning to contract and I can feel it pressing on my nose bridge, not good.
Right now, I get nervous just thinking about the surgery - hope I dun chicken out later. Read that taking supplements like Tumeric, Bromelain, Quercetin, Sinecch .. pre and post surgery, help with healing - did you folks take any of these?

Ear cartilage is used exclusively in the tip area so usually only small amounts are required and the surgeon can harvest from the back of the ear. I had some taken from the back of my left ear. There is a thin slightly keloided scar that can only be seen when I bend back my ear to expose it. From the front my ear looks completely the same as before.

What is your email address? I'll share about Jung.

I took Sinecch before and after my primary rhinoplasty and had no bruising although I also had a closed technique procedure which in itself lends to less bruising. I remember my nose being swollen but I don't remember being too bothered by it. I did not follow the Sinecch dosage as closely during my second rhinoplasty "tweak" four months ago, which consisted mainly of tip work. I wish I had as I had much more swelling during my second rhinoplasty and the swelling was asymmetric since more work was done on one side. As BBgurly and Izora have mentioned revisions take longer to heal, especially the tip, but I also believe if you have a lot of tip work done during your primary surgery you may have more swelling since the tissues there are more delicate.

My swelling persisted after 3 months to where I was given a 4mg Methylprednisolone pack (also known as a Medrol pack). It is a low dose oral steroid. The medication did help some but there is still swelling. Late January, I will be returning to possibly receive a Kenalog shot in my nose (a corticosteroid shot) to further help reduce asymmetric swelling. I fully understand that final outcomes take a while to emerge with rhinoplasties but there a few other things that I am unhappy with that I think could be improved. My surgeon tried his best and has been emotionally supportive, but I have made an appointment at VIP in April. I mentioned the use of steroids for swelling but JoAnn said VIP uses only herbal treatments and lymph massages. I think if your whole nose is swollen its not that big of a deal versus one part being more swollen than another. That's when it's noticeable!!

Sorry for the long and somewhat tangential response...there have been some questions on swelling so I thought I would add my two cents on those too.

Oh dear - those prednisolone stuff has side effects if taken for longer than 2 wks - hope you dun have to rely on that too much. I was put on oral steroid for 21 days to treat an acute inflammation some years back - had withdrawal syndromes when I stopped and puffy face for weeks after that.
My primary was a non-event. Closed rhino, just a tiny scar in one of nostrils, no swelling, bruising - at least the PS then did a decent job, except he din warn me the silicone implant has an "expiry date" until the whole procedure was over. This time round, the revision would involve tip work, deviated septum correction (& Dr Lee at VIP also recommend paranasal implants since he can easily take a little more rib cartilage for that), so I'm expecting swelling, bruising and all the works. That, besides the wound I'm going to get on my chest - urgh! I asked around and read a bit, that's where folks are recommending those herbal supplements, some to be taken b4 (like Sinecch & Tumeric) and some after (like more Sinecch, VitC, Bromelain, Quercetin + Arnica Gel to apply on the swollen area after the surgical wound heals). I'm going to buy Sinecch & VitC, not sure about the rest though.

Yes, prednisone has serious side effects when taken long-term. My girlfriend was on steroids for months after a car accident and gained 30 pounds! However, the Medrol pack is only for a week so its well tolerated. I had no side effects. I was also recommended paranasal implants by Dr. Lee and also one of my main reasons for another surgery is to replace my silicone bridge with rib. :o)

Yup mine was a revision, but mine is also taking longer to heal because I have really thick skin. People with thin skin heal a lot quicker. Dr. Lee did thin out my tip a bit, but you can't thin it out too much otherwise your tissue could die. I personally saw first time rib rhinoplasty patients with thin skin and their results looked amazing even one week after surgery. I'm so envious.