BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

You dont need that!

You are pretty the way it is. Maybe in the future but not now! Your forhead is full enough ;)

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GA Experience

I hated GA as well. Told JoAnne that I did not want to go through that and she mentioned that they used IV sedation for 95% of their patients. It is just like going into a deep sleep and you will feel good after that.
BUt, it also depends on individual cases.
Like for mine, they used IV on me but it doesn't work. My body keep shaking during the surgery and Dr Lee had a hard time trying to harvest me!! Can you imagine me, like a dead fish on the cold bed, having spasms! So embarassing!
In the end, halfway through they GA-ed me. After the surgery, I woke up feeling like the worst pile of **** on my head. I vomited so many times and my head just keep spinning the whole night. I asked for the anti-nauseous shot every hour but the nurse says It can only be given at an interval of 4 hours. my surgery ends at 9pm and i only feel better the next day around 5-6pm. And, I did not sleep a wink till like 2am , that is like more than 24 sleepless hours!

Initially, JoANn refuse to discharge me when I keep asking them when I can go back. I told her I misses my kiddos so much and I cant stand sleeping another night in the clinic without them. also, I couldnt get use to the bed and pillow over there. She reluctantly agree and drove me back in the late evening. They were worried because I did not eat anything at all after the surgery and was afraid that I might faint. But, I persuaded her again and again. Telling her that I need to sleep more than I need to eat because it is the lack of sleep that is killing me.

I Hate GA!!!!!!!

Catlover,
the bump is still there and I think I will need to go for another surgery to get rid of it. JoAnn told me that Dr Lee might be coming to SIngapore in MArch, If his schedule allows him too. And if it is confirm that he is coming ,he will be able to meet me and take a look at it.
I was so delighted when I hear the news!! I cannot imagine bringing my kids along with me to korea again, just for the bump!!!!!!!!
Hopefully, he will be able to come to SIngapore! Otherwise, I do not know when I can go back to Korea again.

I took arnica montana pills as well. one day before the surgery and continued for about 1 week after that.
I did some research before the surgery and bought over some other supplements like Quercetin, Tumeric and Bromelain which are suppose to help swelling, bruising and balancing the immune response.
Vit C and Multi Vits should be the common staple as well.

RawDude - you are cracking me up with the LV and Gucci man! You definately can go through it!! I had my bad times with the GA but good times with rib. I was carrying my 11kg toddler the next day and the pain was bearable. maybe 2 or 3/10. ANd when I say carry, I mean carrying him and walk for a distance. I carried him back and forth to the clinic when I need to go back and to the shopping mall and but. that is like about 5km?? I did have some bruises after that but it was alright.

I would say the pain is completely gone after a week for my case.
Now, after 1.5 months, my rib area felt like normal. except for the scar which is healing up nicely, I don't feel like I have lost a rib or any different.

Well, technically we still have that piece of rib that was harvested, it is just in a different place now, ;)

As for those that PM me about my pictures. Sorry that I did not reply you guys. I dont really wish to share my photos right now so give me a bit more time ok!

lol i just googled "IV catheter" uh got me dizzy there. Yes that's what i had i believe. For those who do not know. There is two openings in the tube, the medication(antibiotics/other liquids) go in to one of the tube that has a opening so they can insert the liquids while the other is connected too the IV drip (where the pack will be above with clear liquid) but even if they put the liquids into the catheter opening its STILL painful. I dont believe they would actually injection you (like in your skin directly)
Hey guys i think if we are gonna talk about how things work, please state whether u were on GA, Sadation or LA just so ppl dont get confused. For me.. im talking about GA.

Rawdude - no paper cuts are more like a sharp itchy spiked pain since its on the layer of your skin... needles actually feel the way u would think they feel... and rib isnt PAIN, its like discomfort... so for example a cramp not like a bunch of sharp painful cuts you know? So imagine if there was extra fat compressing against ur rib. If u think about it.. its not painful right.. its like "something is there" u will put your hand on that spot alot like u are wanting to sing the national anthem constantly..i dunno why ppl just do it.

Yes everyone is different, rib was the last thing i worried about... my left hand was messed up for 1 week. My rib was fine, i went shopping on 3rd day. (just dont wear a bra, but wear thick clothing) But my hand felt weak. I thought they would put the needle in my forearm.. not to freak anybody out but i wish ppl would tell EVERYTHING cuz when i went into operation there were ALOT of things forumers didnt say... for example... u gotta be butt naked.. they give u a robe.. (again i repeat this is for Rib harvesting) and they clean your entire body with red liquid (anti-bacteria) so yes all the nurses and stuff get to see u butt naked. I think most u all dont know this cuz u past out already. Anyways the needle is actually injected to the back of your hand. Too me, that was more of a yikes then the rib (which i felt zero pain). Also with the barfing... please follow doctor rules.. my doc said NO FOOD and i couldnt even drink water, he said if im thirsty i can only take sips... mayeb thats why i didnt feel pukey/barfy too..but after my surgery i drank soooo much.. i can even taste the chemical/medicine in my mouth when i woke up.. it was disgusting.

can't you even wear underwear? :huh:
did they give you a catheter to pee in?
and i thought they would only clean the surgical site

@ angelfern : i'm interested in your experience with dr. kao! if you wouldn't mind, could you give a more in-depth description of your experience? i am very interested in him because he is an ENT and everything and sounds really nice in e-mail :smile:. thank you in advance for any help. and happy healing!

When i had to put on the surgical robe thingy.. i actually wore my underwear (thinking she meant remove my bra and socks and pants/shirt) you know how the back has a opening? I guess she saw my underwear and she said i had to remove it. I even had to remove my hair elastic and they put it all in a plastic bag. Underwear can carry germs in it.. lol everything can. When they put u too sleep on the operation table, when your past out they clean your ENTIRE body. So there isnt any germs/bacteria or anything. They dont just clean your chest area.

So thats why im wondering... if i get revision... will they do the same thing? I was a bit embarassed cuz i DIDNT KNOW!! No one in the forum told me about it!!! until i noticed it myself and one other member i talked too as well. Anyways for those who dont need to harvest rib...

Can someone answer my questions for NON RIB / revisions without rib harvesting ppl. So i know what to expect when i have revision/ defatting done?
1) do u still need to be butt naked / will they clean ur entire body? (im guessing they ly did that for rib cuz they need to make a cut at the chest)
2) Please tell me how many shots on your hand, did u do twilight + LA or Sadation + LA, did u feel any injections at the nose? How many? did it hurt?
3) onced finished how many more injections??

Thank you =)

Anyways my answers for those who did Rib. (rib harvesting)
1) yes u will be butt naked, nurses will clean u onced your passed out.
2) GA - i believe......once u successfully get the IV in your hand (i had to do it 3 times cuz the nurse kept "missing the vein") so 2 injections at the beginning then u have your surgery and on the operation table they will stick GA and it will for 5-8 secs (literally) and u will pass out.
3) once your done... i think its 6 more injections (antibiotics for the rib and stuff)
So for rib its more then 5 injections but less then 10 injections.

does anyone know if i can get a full refund if i can cancel now?

Maybe I did not express myself properly, but as many said, it is rather discomfort than pain that is bothering. I would not hesitate to do it over again as the result is worth going through all the trouble.

Hi girls,

I have been a silent reader for awhile, but I've finally plucked up the nerve to post. I have always wanted to get a nose job, but was afraid of having something in my nose. I don't have a particularly low bridge, it's just the nostril flare that I dislike. My side profile is alright in actuality, but I dislike the look of the front when my face is 'at rest' and smiling - the alar (?) flare becomes stretched out and looks a bit bulbous.

Is there anybody that has experience with just reducing the 'flare' of the nostrils and refining the tip? Perhaps even shaving down the bone on the bridge a little to have a tiny 'swoop'. I've seen some photos of people that have done only tipplastys, but the result is a little bit unnatural - however, I've only seen photos of it done in the US. I tried to look for korean clinics that have done tipplastys only but I only see before/afters with a nose implant.

Thanks so much ladies! :smile:

it been 12 days since my surgery
.....iam a little worry that my bridge is very high now....and it look big on my face also..anytime i pass by the mirrow i almost dont regconize myself.

And now..i look a little mix..but my concern is that if it gonna get better with time,,cauze i really dont wanna look like i got work done...and
you guys think 6mm is a lot ???

is 12 days is still early to judge ???

iam very unsure and somepoint i regret of getting surgery done... :sad:

nose jobs with rib cartilage tend be look big for several weeks until the swelling has gone down. i'm sure it will be fine. 12 days is too soon after surgery to tel in most cases

Yes, dont worry babe!

It will only get better and better. 12 days is way too early.
Give yourself a month to look more like yourself ;))