BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

rawdude
I think Rib is not new, it's been around 10 yrs but it's not popular until now
I think noone in this forum have have it for 10 years
PerfectAngel mentioned that she had a revision to replace her Rib bridge (first nose job) with another implant if I am not wrong
she said it was reabsorped very much by her body

you paid higher price + lost a rib + longer recovery + more pain = still didn't get long last result???

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wait.. do u really lose a whole rib? lolz.

I got another really dumb question. Would I be able to play sports or go on roller coasters with the new nose? Even going to the dentist would be a little bit worry-some just cause they have the tendency to stretch your nose to the side when really trying to get to the back of your mouth. :confused1:

just a portion of the rib not the whole rib :smile:
I am having the same wonder.....I have visisted my Periodontic and will have some gum grafting, I am worry about the same problem as you do
I dont play sports so I don't know but I do joggling and elipticalling 4 times a week
I don't think you will have problem with playing sports but what if something hits your nose ??
I have 2 yrs old daugher and she had jumped to me suddenly and sometime she hit my nose toọ, so I am scared ...just very careful
I think I will go head with silicone I shape for the bridge with the max of 3mm and ear or septal cartilage for the tip, my skin is kinda thick on the nose tip. so I am fine
just worrying about its move
I have read so many article online and they said that under a skilled doctor and if the silicone is placed in the right place, it wont' movẹ
Implant material is not the issue but skill of the surgeon is the matter (that's what I've read)

I
I got goretex for the bridge and ear cartilage for tip. I have a very short nose so he couldn't lengthen it much, he did the best he could. I have nose tape on, looks very natural. My Dr did a great job.. from what I see so far. He didn't make a huge change so I don't even have to tell people I got surgery! :biggrin: like family members. But omg i csnt help but to touch the inside of my nose!!!!

In terms of eyes, cutting outer corners don't make your eyes appear wider from the front view, you can tell from the side, which is why if you really want to open up your eyes, you cut the inner. Many people in Korea do both. They say the ideal width between the eyes for Korean is 33-35mm. With all the swelling, mine is 31.75.... so i hope the width gets wider just a bit more as swelling goes down.

How do you prevent from your nose from infections??? And for how long??? It's so bad, I really hope I avoid infections...=x but the dry blood inside my nose is driving me crazy!

I think my eyes are wide enough but not long enough
If I have inner cuts , my eyes will look closer to each other, but the ball inside each eye will appear so obvious! I dont want that....
I will see if cut outside corners will lengthening my eyes horizontally
Gortex is good material too since it's soft than silicone but it's very hard to remove in case of revision needed, Gortex has "Pores" so bacteria is easy to enter.
I don't know how to prevent the infection, it depends on your body too
eat more fruits that have vitamin C , I dont' know I just think that...
is this your first one..
you can buy nose drop from over counter pharmcy,,drop into your nose and use Q tips to clean it.
was dr Jung your doctor??
I emailed his clinic and asked for the price but they quoted me very cheap $500
I had emailed back and asked why it's so cheap .and they still said it's $500
I got email from Jay Lee, she said she is the manager of the clinic
is there more than one Dr Jung??

here are my emails back and fortth with them:

Dear T
I will answer below your question.
May you tell me who would operate Nose job on mẻ is it Dr. Jung???

Dr. Jung will perform your surgery. You need another doctor?

What kind of material he will use on my nose tip and as well as for the nose bridge ?
I want to use Gore Tex or silicone on the bridge and Ear or nose cartilage for the tip?

He will use the goretex or sillicone on your bridge and Ear or nose cartilage for your tip.

May you give me the address of Dr Jung’s office or place?
adress of Shimmian clinic.
6th Floor, 1319-13, Seocho-dong, Seocho-gu, Seoul, Korea.

If you want to have the airport pickup service, I will send you a driver.
Please let me know your flight schedule.

Best regard
Jay Lee

2011/1/25, > Jay
> May you tell me who would operate Nose job on mẻ is it Dr. Jung???
> What kind of material he will use on my nose tip and as well as for
> the nose bridge ?
> I want to use Gore Tex or silicone on the bridge and Ear or nose
> cartilage for the tip?
> Is it possible
> May you give me the address of Dr Jung’s office or place?
> thanks
> S
>
> From: shimmian [mailto:[email protected]]
> Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2011 6:48 PM
> To: T
> Subject: EXTERNAL: Re: Nose job
>
> Dear T.
>
> Yes, Just usd.500.
> It's not a geral case. We are offering very special price.
> We considered that you were our patient before and your economic situation.
>
> Sincerely
> Jay Lee
>

hi all
I got this Q&A from other source
Gortex Vs Silicone Elastomer Silastic Nose Implants?
I need to know what kind of implants that is good for the augmentation of the nose? Gortex or silicone elastomer silastic? Is it true that this 2 implants cause cancer? What brand of nose silicone do you recommend?

scaryone in ca
Silicone implant preferred
Helpful? Yes

By William Portuese, MD - Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon
Silicone by far is the best synthetic augmentation material for use in the nose and is tolerated quite well. The important aspect of the implant is its size. Very large implants do not do well since they put too much pressure on the skin, which can then undergo necrosis, breakdown and become infected. A small-to-medium sized implant will be well tolerated in the nose for many, many years.

Gore-Tex typically gets seeded with bacteria or gets infected inside wall pores and is a disaster to remove out of the nose. These two implants do not cause cancer in the nose.

The brand of silastic implant that we use is made Implantech and we use the Flowers small and medium nasal dorsal implants.

-----

does anyone know what brand name of silicion that most Korean Doctors are using???

I hear that a lot of Dr recommends goretex in the states and in korea, silicone. I went w goretex bc it was a lot lighter and it produces a more natural look...since I didn't want much height.

I got my surgery done in the states, not Korea. I was supposed to go but honestly, just bc u go to Korea doesn't mean they're going to do well, i found a great Dr here. I felt safer here so i stayed. Anyway, I didn't get rib.. i used ear cartilage!

i think you shouldn't rely 100% on what just one surgeon says. you need to do your own research or at least get a second and third opinion.

it looks to me like he has never worked with goretex before and is just saying this to promote his own material because he is more familiar with it

here is a link which refutes his claim

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18645088?ordinalpos=1&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_SingleItemSupl.Pubmed_Discovery_RA&linkpos=3&log$=relatedarticles&logdbfrom=pubmed

Biological complications that required implant removal occurred in 1.9% of patients and included infection, soft tissue swelling, migration, and extrusion.

vs

Gore-Tex typically gets seeded with bacteria or gets infected inside wall pores

idk where your surgeon got his info from... if i were you, i would ask him to come up with a reliable source for this information. and if he can't, then i wouldn't trust him to tell me the truth anymore.

I have done alots of research and at least 6-7 doctors said that Goretex is hard to remove when come to a revision (Dr Lee at Vip said it also).
4 online doctors said that as well
my sisters's PS in USA doesn't recommend Goretex or silicone
but if no other option he recommends silicone because it's easier to remove but the chance of injection is the same for both material.
Silicone augmentation is good with 2-3 mm , over 4mm is more risky ..and it will stretch your skin and thining your skin...easily get infected.

so far I only read Dr Jung and Dr Lam from Dallas said that Gortex is easy to remove..no one else

I think everyone know goretex is harder to remove than silicone, but with a good surgeon, its nothing impossible. goretex is also harder for the surgeon to shape but my ps preferred goretex bc of its benefits over the silicone... he said it was ultimately up to me.

No problem, will do in about a month.=)but I don't think mine is a big change though. Just subtle ~ *^^*

I think Dr Jung is good with Goretex and has experience with it...not many doctors are working with Goretex ...so if you have problem, you have to comeback to him or Dr whom work well with Goretex
to me Goretex yields more natural look but the infection is the same for both
if Goretex is easier to remove than I will choose goretext but since not too many doctors out there in my area works with Goretex..and you dont know what will happend 10 yrs from now?? what if you can not find Dr Jung ???
silicone has its own risks too as well as Goretex and ribs...so it's your personal choice
but I would choose the one which easy to remove in case if somethign happens..

Silicone is on the market for many years...

Goretex is good if with experienced Doctor ....
DR Lee from Vip and dr Kim from VIp do not recommend Goretex..
they prefer silicone or rib!!!

removal of goretex would be a valid reason to avoid goretex, i think.

but imo it depends a lot on the surgeons experience. if a surgeon is not experienced with goretex, he will find it difficult to remove. and you generally should not ask a surgeon to use a material they are not familiar with.

however, surgeons will say bad stuff about certain a material because they want the patient to choose them as a surgeon, and they do not want to experiment with a new material. for example, if a patient asks a doctor about material B, and if the surgeon cannot convince the patient to go with material A instead, it is possible that teh patient will choose a different surgeon who works with material B. so it is in the surgeon's best interests to push a patient toward whichever material they use. and promoting their material over the internet improves the overall "look" of a material since most ppl find info over the internet.

it can be hard to be objective about each material, but i think the best way to start is to do research on the negative effects of every material. its important to remember who is giving you the info too. for example, a lot of surgeons will promote silicone because they like to use silicone. and at the same time, dr jung posts alot on his website about the negative side of silicone because he likes to use and promote goretex.