BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

My nose is still swollen, but it's healing very nicely. I haven't had any problems yet.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, but I will no longer show my before/after pictures. I was only going to show it to a few people, but I ended up showing it to many more. I MIGHT, however, show my pictures after the one year mark (September) since it should be very close to the final result. I'm a very private person, so I hope you all can understand.

I'm still available if you have any questions about my experience.

Hey Juicyme,

I haven't been on the forum in a while but I see you chose to stay in the states. I'm so happy for you~~ Please show us some pictures! I feel like it's harder to see results of people who got surgery done in the states....I have heard of dr. ahn but I don't even think he has a site, so I have no idea what his skills are like.

thanks~~

hey JAMASIAN!! how do you like ur nosejob so far?! I read from awhile ago that u had your (silicon) rhinoplasty with Banobagi,, I'm also considering BANOBAGI, but I dnt know anyone else besides you that actually went there.

I might do facial contouring with them too!

THANKS!

Izora :smile: How long did it take for your nose to look somewhat normal after surgery? Haha. I'm planning to take 2 weeks off to get it done. I'm just hoping when I come back to work I won't end up having this giant nose. I know people at work are gonna tease me about it. Haha.

It took about a month for me to look somewhat normal. Keep in mind that it's different for everybody because you need to consider the amount of work that was done to your nose, first rhinoplasty versus revision, health condition, responsiveness to medication, and body's reaction to trauma and healing. Some people look quite normal after two weeks. Plus it also depends if you have thick or thin skin. People with thin skin heal faster. I was still swollen and bruised when I left Seoul. I tried to cover a big portion of my face with my hair and looked down to avoid eye contact.

My bridge was so high and thick that it looked very unnatural and weird. I looked worse because I also got my eyes done. My eyes were more swollen than my nose, and it was hard to conceal because I had purple bruises both below and above my eyes. Joann gave me bebe cream to cover the bruises, but you can still see them. I'm sure I would have looked more normal if I only got my nose done.

Ahh.. ! Thanks Izora!!

I'm a little bit weirded out that my friends from Korea never heard of VIP before. I know they don't advertise, but for someone that supposedly as skillful as Dr. Lee I would think he name should be somewhat known. Also, even when I googled his name, nothing really pops up.

I think overall I'm just a little bit concern. Having a piece of rib take out is no small surgery. I just want to make sure that Dr. Lee is as good as some people had mentioned here. I know you've probably talked about your experience with Dr. Lee lotta times here but I guess I'm still looking for a bit more reassurance.

How do you like your nose right now? Is it much more natural looking than silicone?

Hi Izora

I'm planning to stay for 2 weeks after the surgery - is that enough for all the wounds to heal and pain gone. I'm ok to board the flight with still some swelling & bruising (at most wear a mask on the flight) as long as makeup can help hide some of it. Only concern is will I have problem getting thru' custom with a somewhat unrecognisable swollen face, I've heard of people having to get a letter from their plastic surgeon, do you have to do that?

I got a nose job in Korea in June 2010. I have a button nose and people tell me (people I can trust. lol.) that I had a cute nose, but I hated the fact that I didn't have a tall nose bridge, especially because it runs in my family to have tall noses T.T. Curse my estranged father's side.

I just had my nose bridge brought up, but my nose still looks the same, just with more dimension. However, I don't like my profile anymore because I almost have a horse face; before, I did like my profile before. I also notice my nostrils are unsymmetrical, which I think I always had, but never noticed. Also, now I see that in photos my nose looks really crooked, weird, and stumpy, really only when I turn my face slightly to the side. And, my nose tip isn't refined as much as I'd like (I didn't get work done on that part) and my nose looks totally flat when I smile.

Now that I realize I don't like the brought up nose bridge.. I think I should have brought up my nose tip, so that my profile would have deeper angles, I would have a more refined tip, and my nostrils would be more symmetrical than they are. I don't want my tip to be too refined and pointy because then it wouldn't be natural, even though that too runs in my family (DX), but button noses do too, so ehh... Ugh. It's been about seven to eight months... so I know that "there's still time" but really how much could really change? Also, I know I make it seem like my nose is jacked up (lol), but it's just not what I really wanted.

I want a revision, even though people tell me that I don't need to, but I'm just really not happy about the results. Should I ask to remove my bridge and work on the tip? Should I bring up the tip and keep the bridge? What about my profile? Because, I kind of have a shallow forehead, so again, horse face (at least only in the profile, when I turn to the side, my nose has a nice angle). I don't know. I know I should ask the doctor, but I won't be until to until the summer and maybe someone here knows what I'm talking about.

Hey everyone, sorry I have been MIA. So my surgery was postponed due to a health issue that came up during pre-surgery screening tests. I have to take more tests and wait to find out if I am cleared for the surgery. It has been emotionally exhausting since I was literally in the pre-op room already hooked up to an IV, but at the same time, I am very thankful that they took the precautions to catch the situation before my surgery. I won't find out when or if I can reschedule the surgery until hopefully tomorrow...wish me luck