BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

Hey mizliz! Thanks for sharing your photos! Your nose is looking great! Where did you get yours done?

I just heard back from Dr.Lee and the first option he suggested is using septal and ear cartilage along with silicone just for the bridge. I was kind of surprised because I always thought he promotes using rib cartilage. Especially when one of the emails JoAnn mentioned that a lot of patients with silicons goes to Dr. Lee for their last revision. Is it because the bridge has less chance of rejection/infection? Any ideas?

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi guys im at vip now ,just had my surgery and i cldnt sleep. everything went on fine. well i will have to say everything abt vip is superb. had RIB but chest hurts a little.. a little ache. and im hungry and i cldnt sleep. lol
i didnt puke _>_ and all i feel is a little dizzy after surgery. isthat normal? i oso haf fat graft to my chin n smile lines.. didnt hurt at all. ok for those who r scared of this n that during surgery, i hafta to say , NO WORRIES. i dunt know if u scared of needles but its relly nothing. jusy slightl pain for IV. really good.i have one word for VIP : excellentsuperbeultagoodfabulousamazing" lol, just get it done.

Haha! Thanks for the update! I'm really glad to hear everything worked out great for you! I still really wanna get mine done at VIP and I've been trying find the best method for me.

Did Dr. Lee ever suggested silicone bridge for you? He did for me and I'm just a little skeptical using foreign materials. He suggested rib too, but the first option he brought up was silicone. I'm just wondering if there is a reason behind it since JoAnn was emphasizing the risk from the use of silicons and other foreign materials. Like, is it because of the shape of my nose? Or the fact that I've never had nose surgery before?

He also mentioned paranasal augmentation too. How does that procedure work?

I got mine done with Dr. Kao in Taipei. With rib there is increased risk because you are opening up another wound. My doctor suggested goretex right off the bat. Most revisions seem to be done with rib though.

it looks really good. i heard that goretex is supposed to be more flexible than other materials. does your nose feel natural when you feel it? it certainly looks natural.

grats on your nose job. hope your recovery goes well.

congrats, raw dude. Happy healing:yahoo:

Hey! I also heard back from Dr. Lee and JoAnn - although, he did suggest that I use Rib for mine. I wanted Ear&Septal Cartilage, but he said that from looking at my pictures, he can tell that I won't have enough. He suggested that if I do not want to use the rib method then he can also do a combo of Ear+Septal Cartilage for the Tip and Silicone for the Bridge. He gave me several methods to choose from. However, I do not wish to put silicone in my nose, so I might have to settle for RIB. Need to go do some more serious thinking and research.

Mostly, my main concern is warping. I'm waiting on his reply to find out his method on preventing this. After he tells me, then I need to check his method against other doctors'.

Yeah I have the same question similar to yours --> Will the use of silicone on the bridge and Ear + Septal for the tip minimize/prevent extrusion??????? uh.....:help: ???? or less chance of extrusion??? But then again, most likely will need a revision later on. I'm on the same boat. I asked him this question, so I will let you know what he says.

hi you guys! I've been waiting for JoAnn's reply, at first she was REALLYY good with answering all of my questions. like I'll ask her a question, and the very next day she'll email me back, but its' been awhile since she emailed me back! whats going on?! did i ask too many questions? I already booked an appointment with them in May. at first I was going with Rib, but then after I was thinking about their "cocktail" the bridge.. (ear cartilage slice in to thin pieces wrapped in fascia) .

JoAnn did mention that if theres any case of warping, Dr.Lee would fix it for free. but I'm just really scared of the wound on the chest. ><!!! and rib is soo expensive, and it takes forever to settle down!

does anyone know if rib cartilage paranasal implants reabsorb a lot? it might look good at first but then shrink. and also, i can't imagine them taking as much cartilage as the same size as some of the silicone implants i've seen, so idk if they will be able to augment the size enough

This is what JoAnn said:
"The paranasal augmentation can be done with the rib cartilage that will be harvested for your nose.
[FONT= ]Filling in the depressed nasolabial areas will also correct the view of protruded mouth."[/FONT]
[FONT= ] [/FONT]
Me too! She always replies back within 1~2 days for me. But the last email I sent to her was on the 28th, and she hasn't replied back yet. I don't think it's because there's too many questions being asked but I would think it's either that there are too many emails to reply to or maybe JoAnn is taking an early Lunar New Year break? I wouldn't worry too much though. If she doesn't reply back after a few more days, email her again.

I asked the same things. I'll let you know as well once JoAnn gets back to me. :smile: But I'm still leaning towards ribs. I'm hoping that Dr. Lee is skillful enough to prevent warping from happening too much.

Same here! JoAnn use to get back to me the next day, but once I sent her my pictures, it's taking longer for her to reply. Maybe my pictures scared her. Haha. Either that or I'm asking way too many questions. Or simply because she's just really busy answering everyone's emails. I guess she puts new inquiries as priority.

Ahh! Thanks Keke! As long as it's not foreign mats. Do you know if Dr. Lee charges extra to have that performed? It didn't really have a price for that procedure under the list of price JoAnn gave me.