BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

thanks XD

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i heard about that too on the cozycot forum. i emailed joann about it and was gonna post here after she confirmed it
i think it was a 10% tax but i'm not sure

i am a poor kid who loves rubbing his nose while drinking and smoking and am scared to death of falling and am decent looking BUT I DO ANYWAY! :yahoo:

Kain..

Do u think my thinning nose can Take rib cartilage as it will be hard on the tip
N it's harder than goretex.come to think of it Goretex sounds risky as well
As it may extrude.oh dear..I m trap within a time frame n
have already book flight n hotel for only 10 nights there b4 even choosing the doc.
M leaning more on VIP jus afraid they do not have time slot for me :sad:

Where r they gonna cut yur piece of bone from for
sliding genioplasty ?Btw how much does it cost?
Had silicone chin implant n tried goretex as well but it's
Sliding. sigh" revision isn't a fun process as it's very taxing

Its good u r using all natural
Materials .. :smile:

this pic shows how sliding genioplasty works. vip uses the wire fixation (harder to see in x-rays which is a good thing =) ) and the bone fuses in place after a year.
there are some graphic pics of the operation on the page above and below, so if you don't have the stomach for that kind of thing, just don't scroll up or down and you will be fine
http://books.google.ca/books?id=gaAjvCTZcwEC&pg=PA208&lpg=PA208&dq=%22sliding+genioplasty%22+%22wire+fixation%22&source=bl&ots=vHga3qJNzo&sig=JwNuP9oX3XkuqlpjzdNT1MFRX8c&hl=en&ei=MwxQTdzlAYWesQO1qc39Cg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5&ved=0CDkQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q=%22sliding%20genioplasty%22%20%22wire%20fixation%22&f=false

it costs 5300usd including anestesia at vip

i know its expensive but hopefully its worth it.

it has some risks too. like if you look at the skull, there is a notch just above the cutting line. that is where the nerve comes out (submental nerve i think it was). if the surgeon messes up, he could cause permanent numbness in the lower part of your mouth and your chin. but apparently dr lee was trained as a maxillofacial surgeon and he has done the procedure many times so he will know how to avoid doing any damage

they give a 10% discount on the total price if you have multiple surgeries or ask for a student discount

if you think vip might not have a time slot, you should email them asap
[email protected]

they give free accomodation only if you confirm that you are getting surgery with them (and confirm ahead of time), i think. but if you are not sure about going with vip and want to get consultations with more surgeons, don't feel pressured into confirming an appointment with vip just for the free accomodation.

as with rib vs goretex,when using rib, the part that supports the tip is rib cartilage instead of ear cartilage (most non-autologous doctors use an implant on the bridge, and ear cartilage on the tip)

the part that supports the tip is called the colummelar strut.
as you can see in this pic
noses.co.nz/IM_Custom/ContentStore/Assets/5/67/650cd20c91a7a7778f30f446d865d9eb.jpg

the collumellar strut should not extend all the way to the surface of the nose and is covered by the flesh, so the hardness of the material shouldn't be felt on the nose unless you try to pinch or push it more than usual. or if the doctor makes the strut too high, it can cause tension on the skin and the nose will feel hard.

now cartilage absorbs over time, but ear cartilage absorbs more than rib cartilage. so rib cartilage in the tip should theoretically give a better chance of having a longer lasting result. however, there are also cases where ear cartilage can last long as well.

i think the "hardness" of the rib cartilage in the nose is mainly felt on the bridge and the mid nose. it shouldn't feel unnatural on the bridge since the bridge is supposed to be hard anyway. but the mid-nose is composed of cartilage that is softer than rib cartilage and can bend (if you push on your nose just above the tip without an implant)

if you do get rib cartilage though, or any rhinoplasty your entire nose will be hard for a while due to swelling

i don't actually have rib cartilage iin my nose yet so this is all from analysis of pictures and information i've gathered.

i hope this is helpful

it is mainly for the profile and angle view. it can help the frontal view too though

paranasal implants go underneath the base of your nose and are supposed to fill out a "depressed nasolabial area"

it adds projection to your nose to balance your profile

it especially helps if your mouth looks like it is protruding (often due to recessed chin and/or depressed nasolabial area)
but it can sometimes just be a good compliment to a rhinoplasty too. you should definitely ask your surgeon what it is if you plan on getting it done =P

how much do u think it would cost at vip if someone just wanted to get rib cartiledge for their tip, get an alar base reduction, and get their nasal bones narrowed?

well they don't have an option for just the tip and not the bridge, so you're gonna have to email them to ask. but a quick estimate

3000-5000 for rib in the tip +800 for anesthesia
1500 alarplasty

i don't know about osteotomy(narrow the nasal bones) though. i know that if you get the bridge augmented, the osteotomy is included in the price.

so anywhere between 4500 to 8000

do anyone have pictures of guys noses that they like?
i just realised that i don't have anything specific to ask for my nose.

i mean, i know i want it lengthened, the bridge augmented, and the tip sharpened. i'd let the doctor decide whether i need alarplasty and osteotomy too.

but other than that i don't have a specific shape that i want from the surgery. i realise that it isn't realistic to expect the surgeon to give me an exact nose, but at least some pictures would help communicate a style of nose

^ Kain when is your surgery date with VIP? THIs will be your first nose job?

Anyways if i go to Korea im thinking of staying at a Hostel, the ones in Taiwan are super lovely and have a fun environment, its not lonely or scary and you will always find ppl to talk to whether its chinese speakers or english speakers. The cute decorated ones are usually 23-25USD per day. The non-theme normal ones is usually 14-19USD a day
OR if you book in advance they sometimes will give you like 2 weeks for 200USD.

So im wondering in Korea, that is probably the cheaper accomodation?
Hostel, then motel and then hotels and then rented penhouses or party suites.

i arrive for a consultation on saturday april 23 and have enough time before closing for only a consultation. so my surgery will on monday april 25 because the clinic is closed on sundays.

its my first nose job