BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kain.
Does paranasal implants helps in protruding mouth?
I don't know if my lips are thick or it is my facial structure around my mouth that results in my fish lips.:confused1:

Hope to hear from you soon!

this post should help see how paranasals helps with a prutruding mouth. it can also be used in conjunction with chin augmentation. together, they extend the area above and below the mouth, so that iin relation, the mouth doesn't look as protruded.

if the nasolabial area and the chin are of sufficient height, then there is a different surgery to fix it (it involves cutting a number of facial bones inside the mouth, removing them [and some teeth too], and sliding the bones of the mouth backward, and finally having braces for a year or two afterwards)

but for most asian ppl, a protruding mouth is due to a recessed chin and/or a depressed nasolabial area. a nose job should help make the mouth look less protruded too.

but of course its not always necessary to have all three procedures to correct a protruding mouth. it depends on your specific facial structure so its a good idea to send pics to a surgeon to ask.

I have to go to Dr.Jung sometime this year. He quoted me $6,000+ [3 years ago:nuts:] to slim down my fat meaty nose. Wonder if that price went down,have to email him again. Anyone from NY going this year or early next year? field trip? =)

ya, it says "Updated 27th August 2010"

the prices were actually changed before that, but then i got a different quote by email so i asked him to update the faq page

but the weird thing is, before it was updated, it was even cheaper O.e

i think it used to be 4k for a primary and 5k for a revision a few years ago (using goretex)

but it might be different because you are having a different procedure

Hi Angelfern,

I finally got my rib graft and ear cartilage rhinoplasty done with Dr Kao and I am currently 4 days post op. Recovery is a *****!! Ear and rib area is aching, nose is numb and swollen.

How long did it take for your nose numbness to be gone? Also, I was advised by Dr Kao to keep wearing the cast for an additional 2 weeks if I can.

How's your rib scar now? Dr Kao did not stitch up my rib wound, he only taped it up. Did you apply the Dermatix scar gel a week after operation? on your nose, ear and rib wound? Appreciate it if you can take time to answer my questions. Thank you so much!

Hi Chanelmania77,

yeah, the initial few days are terrible & super inconvenient, that's because i've to wear a mask & cap to go down to the 7 eleven in kangning apt & buy food, so not used to wearing mask, already can't breathe properly with the stuff nose plus cast, can u imagine, add another mask.

I've removed my cast on day 6, it's like fantastic, can scoot anywhere i want without feeling conscious.
He wanted us to wear longer but we're like " No way, man"

yes, he didn't stitch up the rib scar, i applied the dermatix on day 7 on the 3 areas till today. The scar is a faint brownish red, perhaps will consider laser after 2 years, but read about the burning smell & pain (???), hope new laser technology will advance further.

today's 3 month post op, the numbness to the nose tip is better, getting more sensation compared to the first 2 months.

p/s u gotta be careful when u wash your face in the shower, my finger nails accidentally brushed against the nostrils the first month & hurts big time.

Hi Gotzus,

I am new to this forum but I've been reading all of the messages since last year. I got a nose job back in April of 2010 and it was the most devastating thing that happened to me. I got in done in Canada and my problem was like yours but instead of using silicone/goretex I used my ear cartilage for my nose bridge. This left me in the worst state of my life. Not only did my nose not turn out to my liking I also got a deformed ear. I was told by my doctor that my ear would be 100% normal but now, one year later, it still hasn't changed.

I, like you, did not touch my tip. I thought my tip was fine and my doctor never mentioned that I would have to do the tip to balance out the overall appearance of the nose. He kept insisting that my tip was fine. Now I am left with what we would call a parrot nose. My nose looks extremely fake and had made me become soo self-conscious. It has changed my life drasticly. I don't go out, and if I do, I would always wear glasses. I am planning to go back to Asia this year to do a revision and I was wondering if you have gone to see anything dr about your problem.

I was also wondering, do you or anyone on this forum know if it is easy to take out cartilage on the bridge and replace it with silicone. Also, did anyone else get ear deformity after their NJ.