BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

i have never heard of a surgeon using ear cartilage for the nose bridge. most surgeons only ever use ear cartilage for the tip since there is not enough cartilage in the ear for the bridge. but since your surgeon went ahead and harvested the ear cartilage for the bridge anyway, he had to harvest too much which is why your ear is deformed.

most ppl won't have this problem after a nose job because they only use one piece of cartilage for the tip, as opposed to the several pieces it would require for the bridge.

can you tell us who your doctor was?

also, nobody named gotzus has posted recently. he/she may have stopped reading the forum but we can still try our best to give you information

edit: oops, i found gotzus user profile and it says
Last Activity: Today 10:52 AM

https://beautyhacker.com/profile/283908-gotzus/

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kain,

I was told that using ear cartilage it would be less prone to getting infections and protrusions. He assured me that I would have a normal ear but it was a lie. My ear is now deformed and I can never have my hair up. His name is Nicolas Carr. He was soo sincere when I first met him and I had heard lots of great things about him. If I knew this was the outcome I would have went back to Asia.

Did you get a nose job? Please tell me your experience and where you had yours done. I hope that my revision will be successful when I decide to do it and that it wont be complicated.

hihi, i agreed on the washing face, lol PAIN.

btw, i wonder why your dr didnt stitch up the RIB wound...?? how could that happen? u mean he jut leave an open wound with tapes?! wth? dr lee stitched up my wound and removed and now im on a very expensive tape for extra protection.
BTW; need advise on scar creams, which is the best?
http://elicina.sg/
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=2584
https://www.kelo-cote.com/

to all as well: pls remb to request a ear mold after operation, it will help retain the ears normal shape after operation, hafta wear from couple of weeks..

hi chanel which scar gel is better?

anyway, ITS LIKE THIS, first 1 week is horrible. sleep incline, i slept on an officechair first week, to reduce the pain u get when u wake. then use the knee hand lock rotation to get up. remb to wear ear mold to prevent ear deformation, i strongly suggest u take gd care ofthe rib wound as i m still wondering y he never stitch the wound. its not a small one. if he never close it up may cause infection on wound not to mention lungs.

well nose gonna be stuffy and numb and breathe thru your mouth for awhile untill they remove it. gonna bleed for sometime too. bear with it. 2nd-3rd week u r gonna feel alot better. im on 3rd week and rib n ear aches only very slightly now, and im feeling alot better and now dealing with scars .gd luck

Hi rawdude,

I was reading on scar gel and apparently Dermatix silicon gel for scar reduction is good. not too sure as I have not started using it. Doc recommended to use it after 1 week post op. My bridge is still very swollen and its 5 days post op. Was yours really swollen and long did it take for the swelling to go down? Which doc did you go to?

Thanks Angelfern, when does your rib area stop feeling sore?? Did you wear an ear mold?

Anyone traveling from Dallas, TX the first week of April?

i haven't had a nose job yet but i'm planning to have rhinoplasty with rib cartilage on april 25 at vip clinic

i'm kinda worried that you haven't done the proper research on silicone though. i mean, it is a viable material, but you have to know the risks of silicone before you use it.

i've noticed that a lot of ppl choose silicone without dooing much research on materials to use. its sorta like the default choice

on 2nd-3rd week your nose will look much better but overall swelling will take many months. 6mths is average up to a 1 year for a new nose to sort of settle down.

went VIP dr lee.

thanks for the gel recommendations. will look into it..

Hello all, this is my first post after finally reading through the first thread and this one. Many sincere thanks to all that have shared their experiences, whether positive, negative.

It seems many of you have had/planning to have rhinoplasty using your own rib. This is my desire as well.

Rawdude, thank you for the updates and not disappearing after your surgery.

Wai, good luck on your upcoming surgery, I hope that this one will be a success, and also your final procedure. Like you, I am seeking a revision.

Kain, I wish you much success with your surgery as well.

To all others who have recently undergone surgery, happy healing!
I am looking at going to Japan, but also considering Korea (VIP) as an option.