BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

I know I haven't been on the forum for a long time! My job kept me away for a while. So many questions:

@Rawdude - I like the names of your techniques for getting up. haha. I will have to remember this.

By the way, I made an appointment for my rhino in Mid-May. I will be meeting up with 2 other people on this forum. I booked it with VIP but, because I am skeptical as always, I plan on going to check out other clinics just in case when I get to SK for the extra day that I'm there before my scheduled surgery.

Did you guys do this too? Get there and check out other clinics? Or did you guys just settled with VIP? How did you guys communicate with other clinics? I can't speak Korean...so I'm hoping they will speak a little English or Mandarin.

Plus - for those that were using scar healing creams - did this cause your skin to breakout? I have super sensitive skin that breaks out with any oil. I'm just a bit concern. But of course, people's skin are different, so perhaps different reactions.

Does anyone know a good and trustworthy website where we could buy herbs and other medicine to take ahead of time to help with swelling?

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been under both GA and LA and I've taken BCP for a long time. I never noticed any side effects. You know how you have to disclose all your medications before surgery...well, the doctors never mentioned I needed to worry about anything.

Its been a while since I've been on so just browsed through a bunch of pages. Good to see some people are happy with VIP! Time is flying by...I'm arriving in Seoul on April 21st and having surgery on the 22nd. Will probably see some of you guys there! :o)

vivi_bee, I was told by drs and nurses that both oral antibiotics and prednisone (oral steroids) may lessen the efficacy of birth control pills. I believe that most anesthetists administer an antibiotic intravenously on the day of surgery if you are undergoing either general anesthesia or local with I.V. sedation. I'm not sure if this alone affects birth control pills. Either way, your friend should consult with her dr to be sure. I was told to "be careful" for about a month after surgery. Hope this helps.

Hi Ladies,

I am seeking for your expert help!

I am going to Korea in June for my nose job. I only want to refine my tip, and raise it a little, possibly bring my nostrils closer together.

Any tips on where is the BEST surgical center is and who is the BEST surgeon? My nose is already very small but I have issues with my tip. Being that this will be a minimal procedure, I am very afraid that if I dont go to the correct surgeon, it will be OVER DONE and will have a horrible end result.

I am most bothered with my nose when I smile, the top rounds out and looks a bit bulbous.

PLEASE HELP ME!!

I APPRECIATE YOUR CONTRIBUTION IN ADVANCE!!

Much Gratitude,
Kisses

for me; i just went with VIP, didnt have time to consult others, but my hunch tells me im right when im there on first day and after consultation with dr lee. so i just went with it.the impression they gave me counts. the positive attitude, the professionalism and services n communications. dont worry, joann and jean can speak good english,a few other pretty ladies can speak good mandarin too.

alot of docs at that district r gd docs, just dont goto the back alley ones and make sure u get the pre, post op aftercare, communications and know your dr's expertise well.

dr lee is known for RIBs. well the others? goretex. silicone very common, practically all docs know, just need the one u feel most comfortable with. dont get tempted with those "discounts". ull never know what they do/use during surgery.

to all going korea updates: As we already know tension between N. and S Korea has been around for decades and recent updates;

.failed talks between both parties during FEB.
.North digging for more nuclear tests;
.south urging more talks with north but still blaming north for bombing event last yr.

North could be just demostrating or a real nuclear threat; quickly get it done and come back safetly!

will continue to update for those who dunt read news -.-

think u need to show us abit more , especially the side views. as, technically, alar looks wide when smile, but its Okish if dunt smile;so according to the limited pics ud posted up;

1) dont ever smile;
2)side view pics may determine if your bridge need a raise further; that may push in your alar a little.; paranasal may be needed to correct your protruding mouth if any( courtesy of KAIn's explanation posts)

if possible; post entire face pic so we can advise u further;

else just email the clinics, lol they know better! there is no BEST surgeon , only the best person to satisfy your needs.
personally; i think your nose looks OK. any surgery before? else just leave it as it is! the best is natural.

For rib, maybe after a month to be totally free of any discomfort when lying down or getting up from bed.

nope, no ear mold.
gosh didn't read about wearing ear mold after op, i was just joking with my sis that we'll need to wear a ear mold for hair washing during the initial 7 days before stitch removal but we improvised with cling film & surgical tape.

ear looks fine, not deformed or anything;)

thanks

so i guess you would have ear cartilage harvested to make a colummelar strut to raise your tip (sutures would be used as well to refine the tip). it doesn't look like you have much fat in your nose so they won't take much out. and i guess you'd have alarplasty to bring the nostrils closer together if you want. i'm not sure how they can change what the nose looks like when you smile but be sure to ask them this specific question when you go in for a consultation.

these are the procedures that you need (according to the results you want) as far as i can tell, but of course a surgeon would know better. i've heard of cases where the surgeon performs other procedures and just assumes that the patient wants a standard nose job so make sure you are aware of exactly what procedures will be performed

as for the 'best' clinic, that really isn't possible to know without speaking/reading korean and having a lot of korean friends to guide you. without that, you don't have access to information on the majority of clinics in korea. but we can tell you where we have had good experiences.

recently though, most ppl on these forums are going to vip clinic

Hi guys I've been silently reading this and the 1st thread for a while now. Thanks for all the info! I've been reading on and off and trying to soak in all the info. Phew so much, what type of rhinoplasty, what doctor, what country???

I have chosen Seoul because I am a fan of some of the celebs LOL... and I believe they will understand an Asian face. Plus they are reputable for a reason. My short list has been O&Young, VIP, and Dream.

Last year I made a few phone calls to my top picks.
Dream Clinic-I was not interested in this clinic because they do not perform rib graft.
VIP-very helpful! Dr recommended that I do rib graft for about $6500 or so and fat injection in the forehead to accentuate the nose. Very tempting but my heart seems to be set on O&Young
O&Young-seems to be my dream clinic...even from the little info that I've gathered aside from the pics online. The work seems amazing. I could not get a hold of them though.

Basically, I want to plan a trip for the summer (definitely by the end of year) and wondering if anyone is going? (hopefully...*cross my fingers*) Maybe we can meet up. My boyfriend will be joining me as well. I'm really excited about recovery shopping and eating...LOL

I would love more info on O&Young and any experiences with them. Thanks!!

Guys correct me if I am wrong but aren't most of the pictures on the O & Young's site using silicone and then rib or ear for the tip? This is because they just started using 100% rib?

Yes to both questions.

O & Young does do 100% rib, but it's extremely expensive and they haven't been doing it that long because they primarily do silicone/rib. It takes a lot more skill and experience to be able to carve a bigger piece of rib cartilage and handle it in a way to minimize warping and absorption, so I wouldn't recommend O & Young if you want 100% rib. However, it should be alright if you prefer an implant for your bridge. I've had quite a few online consultations with doctors in South Korea. From what I gathered, doctors who use rib only use a tiny amount for the tip, and they don't use it often because they mostly use ear cartilage. My nose was contracted from silicone implant, and a few doctors even told me that I also had saddle shape deformity. Even with these issues, I was amazed that most doctors in South Korea still recommended silicone for my revision. Only one doctor recommended goretex because that's what he used.

Hi all
I'm about 3+ weeks after rhinoplasty with VIP. I know VIP is touted by many of this thread as being the best experience etc....but I just want people to know that while my experience there was mostly very positive, there are things that you should know and be prepared for when you go over there to have surgery. Just know that there are going to be good and iffy experiences along the way.

I don't wish to say too much publicly here but if you want to know the nitty gritty of my experience at VIP and tips on what to expect, plus pic of my nose tip as it looks now, you can PM me and I'll try to get back to you by tonight.