BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

try not to stress out too much. its only been more than a week since you had your nose done? i had a panic attack at 2 weeks post op when i first removed my cast, my nose bridge was so high and my nose looks so thick and long, it looks like a bird nose. the swelling is slowly going down now although the swelling is slightly uneven. i'm crossing my fingers it will eventually be even. recovery is q b**tch but we just have to patiently wait for the swelling to go down.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear that. I've never had nose surgery before but I hear people often freak out once the bandage is removed. It can't be that bad, can it? I'm going to VIP in May, and I'm so scared to have to go through that phase. I'm gonna be heading back to work less than 2 weeks after my surgery. :sad:

o woow. now im scared to get my nose done! but i guess were all gonna have to go through this at one point. hmm my preference would be to have the bridge below my eyes a bit, so my eyes dont end up looking smaller or closer together. cuz i hear tht can happen sometimes when the bridge is placed too high. only time will tell tho

I'm so scared i'm gonna feel this way >"< Is the shape ok though? How high did you ask the bridge to be? I heard it will shrink by 30%

hehehe panic is completely normal. if u r not concerned or worried at all during the first 2 weeks post op, or EVEN very happy n satisfied with it, then it MEANS something is WRONG.

u r supposed to have a huge nose post op. im on my 6th week now and nose is more refined and looks more natural than before.

destiny; y not send us some pics and we judge for u? the de swelling+absorption overtime will bring your nose smaller and more refined.

however we do not know the actual situation on your nose now. if u r really concerned just post some pics..

wot happened to MMT and welna? buried by the bags n shoes they bought?

so curious abt their results. X finga for them lol

Ahh guys I really do want to post a picture but I feel really really ashamed. Even though you guys don't know who I am, I feel embarrass. Honestly, the bottom half of my nose I like, it looks really natural even if it is "swollen" right now...and if it does refine a bit over the months I think that would be ok to. But My top half of my nose...ahhhh I feel like a BIRD. I don't know if it is the swelling or what I feel like its WAY HIGH, and I guess since I didn't have much skin it also changed the shape of my eyes...like you know where the tear duct are it seems like it is "pulled" down...... Maybe I have to wait, it just honestly getting your nose done is no simple joke. I have been through a lot these last 10 days, and it really gets the best of you. I guess I shouldn't of freak so early and posted all those things...keke. But that is truly how I felt at the moment. On top of that I haven't seen my husband for daysss (work) and I saw for the first time a little after I posted all that stuff. Well they still have to remove my internal packing, he said to come back in a week. By that time Ill be like 2 1/2 weeks post op, so hopefully the tissues in my nose won't settle around and on top it it......cause Its gonna hurt.

I used my own rib and it warped. It was done about 10 years ago, there was always a little bump from the very beginning but it got worse and started warping more over time, especially starting about 3-4 years ago. (I was just too chicken to do another revision, until now it's so bad, I can't stand it anymore :sad: I'm having revision next month)

Btw, the term is warping or warpage, "warption" is not a word...unless it's some medical term that's not on Wikipedia. :P

^ohh LMAO i use wiki too even tho i know i shoudnt.

greaattt now im scared to go to a korean doctor for revision
=_________= maybe it's better to go back to my taiwanese doctor who is specialized with rib.......
hmmmmm............. i know Dr Jung used donated rib and some girl's nose warped.

I really wanted to go to Dr Kim... but the assistant that emailed me only stated Dr kim has had experience with Rib because he had revised many patients
before... but she never stated if he ACTUALLY done study on it.. or did he onyl carve and treat it the way he would with other materials... hmm

Im thinking that could possibly either be 1.) a little stitch to keep your nose skin to adhere back and heal better since during surgery, your skin was lifted away from your nose, or 2.) a way to stabilize your bridge in the crucial week of healing.

Internal splits are actually sewn in with a stitch that goes through your septum to hold it while you heal. Not looking forward to having that in my nose. :sad:

A pin is sometimes put into your bridge between the eyes, mine actually left a litte scar that looks like a tiny bruise the size of a pinhead. It also left a little divot in the rib, where sometimes if I raise my eyebrows I can see it.

In rhinoplasties, the "k wire" aka Kirshner Wire is more often used in the following cases. The K wire is internal and does not come out. It is actually either inside the center of the rib graft (it would be running down the length of your bridge) and/or it can be inside the septum graft and then drilled through your maxilla (the top of your mouth bones where your collumella meets your mouth above the roots of your upper teeth).

There were some cases where they had to be removed due to extrusion, but they supposedly changed the technique to alleviate that problem. I considered taking mine out, but my PS said if it wasn't bothering me, I shouldn't mess with it. Though it's kinda embarrassing when I get X-rays at the dentist and they ask me what that is! Lol. But if it ends up bothering (hope not) they cam take it out in a quick in office procedure with local anesthesia.

One more thing, I found a lot of answers on this site, http://www.realself.com/answers
It's pretty cool, you can search through a bunch of questions asked by people like us and real doctors or in our cases plastic surgeons can answer your questions. And you can ask your own question too!
Have fun, I think I looked through everything that had to do with rhinoplasty. Oki time for bed now! It's almost 3am for me! Eeks!

thanks for the info! can i ask if aliens do exist? on that website? :X