BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

What do you need to know?

Closed is less scarring but less easy for surgeon to 'see' and do his work.

Open is the best as it allows the greatest access to the inside and thus more work can be done.

my understanding ...

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG this is gross man!

I hope the man got his nose fixed.
Is this Doctor still in business????

His license needs to be out!

Has anyone here experienced a small bump in right nostril at the tip???? It doesn't hurt or anything but I'm scared >.<

I used to have a stitch there that I had to have a local doctor take it out... just one stitch she was not confident about taking it out and admitted it >.< also it hurt like hell (nothing like I experienced when having stitches removed by Dr.Lee)

I'm scared this bump formed because she might have caused it to be infected or something????

It sounds like you have developed a keloid scar. I have one inside my nostril where a stitch was as well.

Hey anyone here did removal of ear cartilage?

How long did your ear take to recover?

I am post 1 month but it looks like open wound.

Hmmm

I have avoided sleeping on the ear affected but how long should I continue to do so.

Also,

for those who use post-op scar care,

I just bought a HIRUSCAR gel and apply it below my nostril where I think the incision is made.( roughly along the collumella to the upper lips)

Do you all apply inside the nostril and at the ear too.?

Hope to get some response!

Scary! I saw that before and it freaked me out! Luckily my complications are only aesthetic and not physical. I found this article online that talks about all the possible complications with NJ. I'm not trying to scare people, but just because you choose to do an elective surgery, doesn't mean it's not as serious, it is still surgery!
http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/843439-overview
I just read it all, I'm freaking myself out again, hope I'm not chickening out! :sad:

Hey there,

I would first email JoAnn and tell her you think you have grown a small keloid and ask her advice.

No, they are not serious unless its obstructing your breathing. Unfortunately, they don't usually go away by themselves. When you have them on your body (I have a very large one on my elbow from surgery) you can use scar creams. However, since its inside your nose and a mucous membrane I don't believe there is a cream available. I was told that massaging keloid scars to break up the fibrous tissues also helps flatten them over time. People can do this on their rib scars if you are fully healed. But again, this is difficult since its inside your nose. If it really bothers you I know that steroid injections and cryosurgery are an option but if it is small you may just want to leave it alone. I actually also have another one from a nose piercing back in the day and its never bothered me.

Well, it could be a keloid like JamNYC says. Especially since the doc who removed it didn't have any experience with removing the stitch, it is possible that he created more scar tissue when removing it. Though Asians, Latinos, and African Americans (well pretty much anyone that is caucasian!) are more prone to them...it has to do with the pigment in skin. But I have read that keloids do not occur often in the central part of the face. They "usually" occur on the chest/neck area or the ears. True keloids do not go away either, and sometimes surgery can make them worse.

To me, I think it might be regular scar tissue that will eventually break up and flatten out. I had a surgery recently (not PS) and one of my scars is still raised up but it seems to have gone down since it was a month ago. I'm sure there are also some internal stitches that haven't completely dissolved yet. I know the docs say they dissolve in about two weeks, but when I had my NJ (10 years ago) I remember I felt a little sharp thing in the inside of nostril and it turned out to be a little dissolvable stitch that didn't completely dissolve! I was shocked because it was well over 6+ months after the surgery! I also know someone that had a hard, raised scar after surgery and the scar tissue didn't soften for almost a year. It all depends on the individual and how they heal.

Yes, closed, you will not see any external scarring, all the incisions are hidden inside your nostrils. It is less invasive, has less swelling and quicker recovery time.
Open, yes they can see everything, but it is definitely more traumatic to your nose tip, YouTube some surgeries, it's quite gruesome. :X Your nose tip will feel numb and tingly for quite a while after surgery...

I personally prefer a closed procedure if possible, that's the reason why I chose my upcoming PS. Some surgeons can do complicated procedures with closed technique. It all depends on your original nose condition and what your goals are.

I would get several opinions from several PS. What's an extra couple hundred dollars for you to have peace of mind when choosing a surgeon. I consulted with 6 PS before I made my decision (3 in person consults and 3 email consults).

I had an ear graft for my first surgery. It healed in about 1-2 weeks. I would go get it checked out as it shouldn't be an "open wound"! Did you get stitches on it? Does it still bleed? I wouldn't put the Hiruscar on an open wound. I would put Neosporin or some antibiotic ointment to keep it from getting infected. Then after it heals then put the Hiruscar on it if the scar is bothering you, though you can't really see it with your hair...oh wait, are you a male? I can't remember, sorry. Lol

I don't think the Hiruscar should be put inside the nose either...but I don't know much about that one, I use Mederma...is Hiruscar supposedly better?

seems like I might have bought wrongly,

Dr seem to propose Dermatix or Merderma which are silicone base.

alternativly, does anyone use Silicone sheets?

I do agree with you maybe I should stop using on open wound.

Usually after how long do you start applying gel

If i remember correctly, didn't bburly also mentioned a bump inside her nose too???