BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

Ditto! Me too! Hello? Are you gals/guys here? Please do share! I'm going to Korea in mid-may and I'm super nervous!

And BBgurly and mintminttang, could I see your photos too? just PM me if you ladies are willing and I will give you my email address. Thank you so much!

Also, the risks of anesthesia creeps me out even though it says it is unlikely to happen:wtf::

Most serious problems associated with anesthesia are related to general anesthesia, but problems can occur with all types of anesthesia, including local anesthesia with sedation. You can have an allergic reaction to one of the medications used, even if you have had anesthesia safely in the past.

You can develop a laryngospasm or bronchospasm (spasms of your windpipe and throat that could block your breathing), you could vomit a bit and aspirate some of that, or you could have an injury from the breathing tube. You could also suffer a heart attack or a disruption of your heart's normal rhythm.
Most of these risks are very small, ones that are unlikely to happen, that is, unless you have some sort of underlying heart or respiratory problem. Other underlying problems, such as liver or kidney disease, can interfere with anesthesia and raise the chance of an adverse event. Smokers are more likely to have problems with anesthesia than are people who do not smoke.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what does it stand for? i cant find any info on it

PS. those who wanna do rib.. i kinda suggest you be 25 or older.. im starting to see a pattern now. I think your bone has to be fully gone growing and a certain stiffness... for example... Izora stated her bone was pretty hard, she is much older then me, so the chance of her or mine warping mine is more likely to be warped because i got my nose done when i was 21 or 22 i forgot.

Another thing, for local anesthsia, for IV sadation will you have a tube for helping breathing too? Or is it just like twilight where u won't have a breathing tube???
If im doing revision, general anesthsia is a bit too much. (not price wise but i mean too much on my body for revision since i wont be removing another rib or anything)

*edited ok now im super confused... For Local..... isnt twilight and iv sadation THE SAME THING?

Hey recovery is well normal.

Only sadly nose is shrinking. I really like the height when i was 3 weeks post op.

oh well...
Dr wang yes emailed him just asked him basic qns.

Consultation have to be done 'live'

Yes, agreed with Wai. Anyone who has done their nose with VIP one year & above willing to share with us?

oh tht sucks. well at least ure recovery is going well. i heard its good to wait at least 12 months if ur considering going through another rhinoplasty.

hey guys! i would love to hear about peoples experiences of rhinoplasty outside of korea if they have any. that would be very interesting. are there any clinics that others would suggest in japan, china, or Taiwan to go to for rhinoplasty?

Hey guys....well I just got back from VIP today( 2 weeks 1 day post opt). I was hoping Dr. Lee was going to be remove my internal splint but sadly no =*(. These things are starting to be so annoying, its so stiff and hurts every time I yawn. I finally got to see JoAnn today and she saw my nose for the first time. Of course I showed her my extremely high radix, but she assured me that it will go down in 3 months. We talked for a lil', and she says many many people are unhappy about they way their nose is when the splint is taken off. Granted, she said she don't know why most people are "suprised" because 80-90% are revisions at the clinic, and that they should have an idea of what to expect (swelling, bruising etc). SO...I am guessing many other people freaked out...not just only me =0). But she said since this is my first that it was ok to be worried. So I went to the 3rd floor and there were 4-6 other Koreans waiting to have their dressing change. I went in a hoodie and baseball hat, I guess they were observing my nose and ask if I can take my hat off. Ahhh....I did and they all LOVE my nose. I don't know if its a "Korean thing" to have a high bridge, but I was really surprised. I tried to put my hat back on considering that I am very insecure about the radix, but of course they wanted a (long) view from all different angles.....Anyways, so I am suppose to come back in another week.

hey! thank you for sharing ure photos and experience with everyone. u look so much younger after!! and ure skin looks amazing... its glowing. ure bridge is quite high and nice, the swelling is quite obvious but that should go down in a couple months. wow i didnt expect dr. lee to look so handsome :P

Sorry PerfectAngel I got you mixed up with someone else..

Local anesthesia is a shot and only numbs a smaller area and you are completely awake, this is commonly used for dentist for filling cavities, etc. For PS - eyelid surgeries so that you can open and close your eyes.

IV sedation and Twilight sedation are the same - you are heavily sedated by giving you meds through your IV, you are "asleep" and you can breathe on your own. Pros: quicker recovery from anesthesia, Cons: possible choking from blood, possible movement during surgery

General anesthesia - you are completely sedated through IV and a gas inhalant, a breathing tube down your throat and a machine "breathes" for you.
Pros: protects your airways and monitors your breathing, you are completely still so no movements of the body, Cons: longer recovery time, possibly more nausea.

Most importantly, discuss your options with your PS. Also, ask if you will have a board certified anesthesiologist who is giving you the anesthesia, sometimes it can be administered by a nurse anesthesist or an anesthesiologist assistant.

can u send pix to me too I am planning to back to Korea in a few months and would like to go to a good doctor because I am doing a revision.

[email protected]

thanks!

Hi, I'm just wondering what you think on male plastic surgery? I have had eye lid surgery (I had a droopy eyelid), nose job and lip reduction and I'm only 19.

What is your honest opinion on this? I just want to know because people say I'm good looking but I can't tell them I've been under the knife as I don't know how they will react.

honestly idk. i tried google but to no avail. FCR FCR FCR has been mentioned many times at the clinic, maybe u can email joann,
it didnt hurt or what. the closest link i can think of is FACIAL REJUVENATION . can means different kind of treatment. in the case we r toking abt should be a form of facial, a mild peel or mask from VIP.- dats wot id remembered. MMT - correct me if im wrong.. u just did it.. share with the rest :smile: