BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

Thanks RawDude for replying :biggrin:.

May i know Nose deviation with septal cartilage involve what process? What is septal cartilage?

So sorry keep asking so many questions.
I already emailed VIP long time ago but i didn't get any replies.
Thanks for the help (:

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm glad to be able to help

i think joann finally took a holiday lol
because i emailed her about a week ago and just got a response today. she probably has a backlog of emails to reply to so you should get a reply in the next few days

chin implant
drrichardjoseph.com/assets/misc/chin-implant-large.jpg

and sliding genioplasty
drrichardjoseph.com/assets/misc/chin-sliding-genioplasty-large.jpg

i know its a tough decision

most ppl have good results with either method.

i think sliding would be due to the surgeon creating an improper pocket for the implant. i read that if the pocket is too big, it will allow the implant to slide. i'm not a doctor, but since the pocket has already been created, another implant being inserted might have the same problem because of the pocket size. if it is goretex, it will fuse to the flesh(it has microscoopic pores that allow ingrowth of flesh) which is why your surgeon wanted to use goretex. so it might be less prone to sliding.

a sliding genioplasty shouldn't slide after the surgery since it is secured by a wire/plate/screws

i g2g to class i'll reply to the other posts when i get back :biggrin:

i just re-read one of your older posts and you said that you tried both silicone and goretex and they both slid. replacing that last goretex with another one probably won't help unless the doctor revises his method.
that might not help either unless the implant pocket heals first too so that he can make a proper sized pocket

was it with the same doctor? did he offer to redo the nose as well?

here is some really useful info regarding chin implants. if you decide to try another implant, it might be a good idea to ask the surgeon to fix it with screws
http://messageboards.makemeheal.com/george-yang-doctor/replacing-chin-implant-t88088.html

sure, on saturday i'll try to find a pic.

though since i am getting a chin augmentation, and paransal implants, that should be taken into account when making recommendations

i wish i could look as good as those guys lol. their noses might not suit me though.

3/4 chinese, 1/4 malay

Kian,

Yes same doc . He offered to revise nose with goretex implant for free.
I dont want to mess up my nose anymore.
How does chin pocket heals? That's interesting.m left with one week b4
I fly to Seoul.although i had my consult n surgery date.i haven get my final quote from Joann yet.called her up
She said shes busy n will email me back..feels like I m already her (potiential customer(captured prey).. Ha ha.

i was searching for more info on paranasal implants since i am getting them and i found this post which is really helpful in illustrating what paranasal implants do

i think the flesh on either side sorta fuses back together. but i have also heard online from ppl who had their chin implants removed and some say that even with the implant removed, their chin is a bit bigger than their original chin for some reason. this sorta implies that it might not always heal the way you want it to.

but i'm not a medical professional or anything so you should definitely ask during a consultation

are you flying to seoul already? i thought you said you were going in march.

your final quote will be something like

8500 for nose job with rib
+1000 for revision

and if you want the sliding genioplasty, that is another 5300

Those who have already had surgery done in Korea, could you please suggest some nice lower-mid priced hotels?

@welna - good luck for the surgery, you must be so excited! You have to post some pictures (if you don't mind) when you get back! :biggrin:

I'll be Flying off next weekend. I m so unprepared.
I cant sleep at all.The only thing I did was to read up pages
Back n forth to get more info.

I'll need either fasia or dermis on top of my tip to coverup the thinning
Tip Area.is it considered 2 surgery?
Wonder if they charge for correction of boulbous tip?

Cover with fascia US$ 600
Cover with dermis US$ 1,000

idk if it is considered multiple surgeries though.

don't forget to ask for the multiple surgery discount (10% off the total price) if you get more than one surgery.

correction of a bulbous tip is included in the nose job price. osteotomy (breaking the nasal bone to narrow it) is also included.
alarplasty (cutting the nostrils smaller) costs an extra 1500 though

this is another question you should ask during the consultation: whether you would benefit from fascia/dermal grafting
(make a list of questions so that you don't forget)

good luck.

Ai..

Tnx for blessings. I will surely keep everyone posted abt my overall
Outcome if anyone is interested to. If u read my older post.. U shd know
I can only rely on my iPhone.sorry I don't think I will b able to post
Any photos.

hey guys

so i just skimmed through the singapore expat page
and i know i've talked about my concerned about my nose revision UNDER LOCAL
this time.
Apparently a girl did her eyes and woke up half way and it was really painful for her
now she wants to get her nose done but is scared so have the same pain.
Im sure waking up from nose will hurt more then eyes.
So my question is.... didn't some of you woke up in the middle of your operations
i remember u guys saying it didn't hurt?(or am i just assuming this?)
What method did u use, since i guess there are a few options for "local"???

Kian..

U sound so pro!! :smile: tnx for reminding as I m brain dead now.
I read There was this older posting about fascia cutting into thin pcs before layering up
To the tip but it will reabsorb or something.
N I do not have a clue what dermis is ?
is it fat harvest from our own body?
Will it eventually reabsorb ? Oh dear ..

hi tinatina,

i just joined because of your post. i'm flying to korea in september and i was thinking of going to dr. jung from shimmian for nose surgery too. would you mind sharing your experience with me? i've never been to korea and i'm horribly petrified. can you email me some pictures? what was the cost? how was your experience at their clinic? which hotel is closest? how long before you were discharged? were there translators available or was communication difficult? thanks!!