BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, this is about carrying cash to Korea.

I took more than $10K, so I declared it at customs. Basically, the customs lady took our passports and entered data into the computer system. She then asked to take a quick glance at the cash (no counting, just a one second look). Then she asked what the cash was for. When I told her that it was for plastic surgery, she smiled and nodded. It only took around 5 to 10 minutes. It was very quick and easy, so don't worry too much.

I don't know how they would have known I was carrying all that cash if I didn't inform them. I'm guessing that a lot of people don't declare their cash, and I don't see why they would search you unless you're acting suspicious. However, I felt better declaring it. We also used a money belt to carry the cash just in case our carry on bags were stolen... you just never know. I think it's safer to have the cash on your body.

For those having surgery at VIP... you can store your cash inside their safe box until you pay. VIP only collects half of the payment right before surgery, and the rest is collected a few days after surgery. They seem pretty flexible with payment. There was a foreigner there who was only able to withdraw a few hundred dollars a day from the ATM, so she paid them a few hundred dollars a day for about a week. I guess they're pretty trusting of their patients...LOL.

very useful info. no more hiding in stinky socks/underwears. lol

I think having a lot of cash around can be scary for some, for example what if we get robbed or lose the money...lol On the flip side, it can also offer us security and leverage when it comes to bargining. I won't going into too much details becuase i know there are few lurkers here who might report to joann..lol

Rawdude so u r into Halal Dishes .. Lol..Gheez! U r always making me hungry for food..
Oops !sorry,I don't mean to sound rude if anyone out here happen to be
Muslims.

i finally finished reading through asian nose job and asian nose job 2. it took me about a week of slacking off at work and sleepless nights at home to study, research, and cross reference all the information i found on the two threads. wow~ my head is spinning! :shocked:

but i feel like i have a really good idea of what i want now. initially, i looked through all the famous plastic surgery sites, focusing on the before & after pictures. then i stumbled across dr. jung's silicon implants gone wild gallery and i :wtf::faint:

now i'm in the process of communicating with vip mainly due to their expertise in rib rhinoplasty. they're way over my initial budget but i am so prone to infections... i've been on antibiotics on 2 different occasions for small cuts getting crazy infected for no good reason so i'm going to stay away from synthetic materials. hahah, maybe my body's not meant for ps?!

i like a few of the before & after pictures from vip but most of their results seem ooooooookay. but i'd rather have an ooooookay but intact nose than a stunning one that rots off 6 months later :P hahha i know silicon sits really well on most people but like i said, I AM pretty infection prone, so i'll take the safer route :smile:

initially, i really wanted to go to dr. jung but i'm getting multiple procedures done and dr. jung seems to specialize in rhinoplasty whereas dr. lee seems do perform other procedures more frequently.

i have a few more questions for vip but i think i'm going to book my surgery for this summer... i'm super excited and super nervous too!!!!

thank you everyone for sharing your experience and helping me make a more knowledgeable choice for my rhino!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks izora! My bf was talking about some sorta body strap that travelers uses to carry their passport and other important stuff. I'm guess it's the same as the money belt you're talking about. Now I gotta go find one! lol. Screw the safe box, I'm sleeping with the belt until my surgery. LOL. :P

hey i'm muslim and i would love to try out korean food but was worried about what i would eat since i only eat halal stuff. so are their restaurants in korea that serve halal food to their customers?? any recommendations? that would be great.

afraid dat the answer is no.. unless ur the other half is maggie q lol..;)

I can't answer your question first hand but I did a quick search and found a few websites

http://www.visitkorea.or.kr/ena/SI/SI_EN_3_6.jsp?cid=309666

http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/FO/FO_EN_6_6_2.jsp

http://budgettravel2korea.blogspot.com/2010/09/halal-food-in-korea-part-2.html