BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

Hey destiny, what time were u here today? Didn't get to see u. I'm still in recovery rm, if u happen to come in the next few days will still be around.

Dr lee says my nose is "bery diffeecolt" I think he like s

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey destiny, what time were u here today? Didn't get to see u. I'm still in recovery rm, if u happen to come in the next few days will still be around.

Too all, Dr lee says my nose is "bery diffeecolt" I think he like sPent 6-7hrs on me. Did u guys hv e same thing? He's such a nice doc!! When I told him I was v hungry b4 e surgery he laughed n its like he could sense tat I was uneasy so he cupped my face w his hands n told me "don't worry baby! I'll make u beautiful! " tats so reassuring n sweet!! Aww... He says since mine is a difficult job, he asked if he can use my pic for posting online n for his reports. So I'm like "go ahead!" =) I'm almost sure that I've a super nice nose now, although it's still bandaged! Bt He can't be putting a ugly nose online right.. So, yea! I'm blessed Tt I came w a damaged ugly nose. Lol! During e consultation, we also realized tat I had bad bad septal deviation, I saw tat on screen when they poke e endoscope into my nose. Joann was like "how do u breathe!??" lol!!!
Even though they r bandaged now, they've inserted tubeS, so I'm
Still breathing thru my nose. Bt I rem sm of u were breathing thru mouth..? Am I freak or smthing?

Rib wise it's like pulled a muscle kinda pain, n having body aches. Nt sure if it's e bed or it's e period. Oh anyways hope to see Joann n dr lee tml. Haven seen them since I came out of OT. Btw mine is full
Ribs, no ear cartilage. Lucky me, 1 less wound! =)

Hey how lOng u gonna b here? Bring me shopping pls! I'm super bad w directions so will b great u hv u ard! =)

Hello, I was a silent reader and since I come on this forum almost every day I thought I may as well participate.
So, both of my parents are Asian but was born in Europe. I would like to do a revision rhinoplasty. I am hesitating between Dr Jung and Dr Lee from VIP. I previously had an alarplasty and my nostrils became triangular. I would like to correct this. Have anyone of you, who have seen Before and After pictures from VIP clinic seen this kind of condition ?

@ Welna: I read that you were also hesitating between the two doctors, what made you chose Dr Lee ?
@Rawdude : I also think you were hesitating.
@BBgurly : So you're going from the 31st of May until June 7th, I might go during that time, maybe a bit after (I live in the UK). What made you chose Dr Lee ?
@MEgoreng: Let us know when you can see your nose (after the plaster is removed)

Here's what I found:
-Dr Lee: spends a long time on surgeries if needed (up to 7 or 10 hours), so he must care about the patient.
-On Forums, I haven't heard of dissatisfied patients.
-I have types his full name (Dr Mungju Lee) on Google and found nothing but the VIP clinic website.
-Dr Lee does not specialize in noses only, unlike Dr Jung
-it is not written on his website that he's part of Korean Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons

Dr Jung:
-not a member of the Korean Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
-Most patients (on forums) were satisfied except for rib warps and one person who was sent by her surgeon (who would pay for the surgery) and Dr Jung's nose wasn't good and she went to another Dr in China (I think) who said that she had a donated cartilage (not what she initially asked for).
-He wrote in scientific journals
-Intenationally renowned, especially in China (less known in Korea)

What do you guys think ?

Also Dr Jung taught Dr Wang and his Before and After pictures that I like (one of the previous forumer was mentionning this Chinese doctor): http://www.wangmd.cn/duibi-zhaopian/bizi/2011-1997.html (but I wonder if some pictures could have been photoshopped ? I saw a brown line (as if painted) under the columella of one after picture.

So, Dr Jung must be able to do similar noses but I wasn't impressed by his before and after pictures (except for reconstruction, but it is not my case

Nevertheless, by reading this thread, I am more convinced to go to Dr Lee, but it is only based on the comments from this forum. So, I really do not know what to choose especially because VIP clinic website ( http://vipps.co.kr/vip_eng/sub01.html) doesn't show many B&A pictures.

Uhh...I had this problem to, what was worse was I grew blackhead on my nose around my nose and even areas where the tape was applied. Best best, don't do anything. My nose seems like and is always dipped in Vasaline, its oily like hell and super annoying. But after the 3rd week when the swelling went down, I did manage to pop them all; soooo relieved. But I steamed my face first so the pores open up, its much easier to extract this way!

All I used was septal cartilage, both ear cartilage and fascia. Bump is uhh...pimple size but noticeable when viewed profile.

http://www.vipps-clinic.com/vip/gallery/gallery.php3?kind

there's 10 pages

Dr lee full name is LEE MYUNG JU .
U can search in google Dr Myungju Lee

I think Dr Lee is part of the Korean Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons

http://www.vipps-clinic.com/vip/about/staff.php

hi angle; there r reasons why wed chosen dr lee ofcuz as for many of them were revision cases where; previously had silicone/goretex/blotched jobs from other doctors/ infections/complications/some just want a more drastic improvement; hence since dr lee has got many experiences with revisions especially using RIB(more lasting and natural; could be the last resort in fixing your bad nose;also hand crafted by dr lee to balanced your profile where more drastic changes can be done).

for me; its my primary and i didnt want foreign implants and my initial intention and main concern was to fix my badly deviated nose as i was only breathing thru 1 nostil.so RIB was my choice and dr lee seems to be very experience with RIB ;also the responsiveness and assurance VIP joan had given me. hence the decision.

its up to individual needs on what u want for your nose; dr jung as we had already discussed plentiful times; more experienced on goretex and does not recommend RIB.

we do not know your current problem with your nose. If u want subtle minor changes and dunt mind foreign implants n willing to take higher risk of complications later on and if u want goretex; go to dr jung.
but
if u dunt mind a RIB job which may leave u a wound ar the right RIB n prolly behind the ear loop( if required), dr lee may also suggest fat grafting or paranasal n other procedures to go along for a better overall balanced profile( be prepared for that)
RIB is more difficult operation and requires high level of skill and patience, hence many hours spend just for 1 operation. longer downtime, swelling may take many months to 1yr or so, be mentally n emotionally prepared to undertake these swelled up looks and recovery inconveniences. then again the final results if done by an experienced doctor; rewarding.
rib can be more expensive too.

hence id chosen dr lee. not sure abt the others but i guess is more or less these couple of reasons.

maybe u can drop VIP joann an email to find out more, take your time.

all of us here had felt the same way as u previously; we based on forum and comments here i supposed. and id done minimum researches and decided in only couple of months.

yes, u may think that we may be fake or some paid blogger here trying to advertise... haha..oh well, only ud been to VIP n done it, then u ll know wat i mean. all who had contributed so far; genuine.

hope that helps; anyway;
dr toriumi remb? that one renowned and so called "top plastic surgeon in the world" ; wrote in scientific journals, blah blah blah blah etc, one who reinstalled the remaining RIBs into back of his patient's skull. remb him?

google his complain fans :smile:

pls get some korean WON. not all places accept usd. only major department stores. USD is gd on duty free lotte stores.

doota i used won. not sure abt usd. maybe not all the department as the stores r quite individual, not under the same chain of doota.

gd choice on doota; u prolly get everything there, luxury bags;shoes; gifts;ginseng; clothes clothes n more clothes. n good food. yummayyyyyy

galbi galbi galbiiiiiii

please use the saline and ointment regularly. i skipped it untill mixedgirl told me how useful they were and i continued and found it really effective.

cleanses the nose and reduces swelling; ointment also protects the wound and makes the swelling n redness gone.finish your supply. ah i still have alot of ointment left.

ointment from pfizer- wont go wrong. FDA approved. :smile:

You didnt ask for ear cartilage on the tip? Usually ear is used on the tip for a softer look and more cushion for the tip.

You are so lucy to be able to breath with the tubes! Seem like you have a good recovery. SO happy for you!!

Btw, Dr Lee and JoANn went to KL, they will be back on the 18th!