BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

"Weir operation" refers to a type of alar base reduction.

http://www.realself.com/question/Alar-base-reduction-weir-technique-difference

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What made you change your mind to go with Dr. Lee if you don't mind me asking? Is this a primary or revision for you?

Hey all,

Is there a term for the triangular part between the eyebrows and the start off point from the top of the nose bridge?

I want to raise a little over this part.
Dr Kao's results are good, just that maybe personally, i want it to be even higher at the bridge.

I'm about 5 months post op.
Wonder if it's safe to have fat graft on my forehead plus that triangle part to raise the bridge higher.

Hmmm.. I'm trying to avoid fillers coz mine is autologous rib and I don't wish to mess with it with foreign body again.

Any expert advice out there?

Hey BBgurly,

Where did they inject the forehead fat graft? along the hair line so to avoid scars??
Then i wonder how are they going to inject on my bridge??

Is the incision needle point for the fat graft thicker & bigger than the fillers??

Thanks again!!

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://shimmianmanila.com/Photos/common_nasal/nose_parts.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.shimmianmanila.com/anatomy-of-the-nose&usg=__QRVwGWJuu0rGs9tIdRtbfygxCbg=&h=240&w=240&sz=27&hl=en&start=2&zoom=1&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=YoCWbi0VvEtksM:&tbnh=110&tbnw=110&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dnose%2Bradix%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dopera%26rls%3Den%26channel%3Dsuggest%26tbm%3Disch&ei=NbenTdOvAYX0tgOW0vD5DA

do you mean the radix? or the part above it?

i think the part above the radix is part of the forehead

or maybe browbone or something

i decided that i wanted to use rib cartilage and it seemed that dr lee was more experienced with rib. dr jung has used rib cartilage too, but he does mainly goretex noses.
i also want a sliding genioplasty instead of a chin implant, but dr jung only does implants

and the after care at vip sounds really good. it wasn't really a deciding factor or anyting, but its a nice bonus. or not really a bonus, since vip charges a premium for their services. but its still nice

Thank Kain,
Yes, the radix.:smile:

Wonder if they could raise a little, hopefully by stem cell or fat graft.
I'm happy with my dorsum & tip, but tip is still swollen, will probably take a year or more to deswell further.

Fillers are quite straight forward but not permanent, fat graft need at least 2 sessions or more, stem cell even more, like 8 -9 sessions, also don't know last how long but some claimed that stem cell is more permanent than fat graft.

@Kain : Good luck for the 25th of April ! As to using ctrl+A, I tried it, but since the text has an image format, what I get in the clipboard is just the website address...weird.
@Kireihana: Thanks for the link about Weir operation
@Megoreng: in the thread, someone said they'd come back on the 18th
@angelfern : I found this website that contains all the terms I needed to explain what I wanted : http://www.revisionrhinoplasty.com/anatomy.html

I was considering another procedure : Have you ever considered thinning the skin of the alar rim (wings of the nose) when they are too thick ? Like in figure 16 and 17 : http://www.drsherris.com/Changing-the-nostril-shape.htm

hi angle: my analogy of the marriage thang is like this:
the bonding of 2 may not results in a happily ever after; this applies to watever that sticks together meaning; even if u use ear cartilage or watever u on your nose will have tendency of warpage:

when 2 different objects bond/glue/stick/join there is a physical " breaking point" a point at the "whole finished joint product is at its weakest" and overtime; when pressure and forces of any sort being applied to the nose ;whether it is lifestyle or personal habits; consicious or unconsiciously ( during sleep) or bodily movements over the years may have a wear n tear effect on the nose and thus further weaken the breaking point; warpage will occur when one side is unbalanced with the other especially forces is usually greater at the higher ground( the top of the bridge coming down towards the TIP( heaviest LOAD) . and if there isnt a strong constitution at the base and sides, warpage is likely to occur ;

WHether u use RIB or ear or humerus or an elbow, its all the same; subject to warpage.

bottom line; use foreign body n pray no infection;
use watever cartliage n pray no warpage. or

continue to dream having a nice nose n be delusional afterall: mind over matter.

then again; warpage may not occur or we may not live long enuff to see it anyway. die beautiful i say :smile:

@rawdude: I see, thanks for the explanation. I think I'll go for rib cartilage (because anyway, I'm considering noble rhinoplasty so we need my own tissue, since I'm refusing a foreign body), but I will not ask for a high bridge at the radix -where you say forces are greater. Also my skull shape, just above the eyebrows is too flat to have a bridge coming right straight from the middle of my eyebrows.I don't have a projected forehead and eyebrows like some caucasians or mixed asians.

knew that before stoneage; dinosaurs take them over the weekend parties; thats why they were doomed.

oh i would like to have marijuana face mask too!

wait a min- what has marijuana gota do with asian nose job here? bob marley had a nose job?

id closed my eyes for a second; wait a min; do u mean you look like maggie Q??? ;p * drools