BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

@Megoreng: Is Dr Kwon charging you USD 3500 or a bit lower, I think his prices are really high compared to the average price for eyes. But I guess it's worth it.
@MiaMM: I am very surprised, can you please confirm: USD 11 000 for the rhinoplasty in Korea with Dr Lee ? It is twice the price of Dr Jung. The tax is only 10% starting on July. Maybe, I should come in June ! http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/biz/2010/05/123_54237.html Could the other tell me if the price is the same as the one that was mentionned to MiaMM for rhinoplasty only ? It's more expansive than in NYC.
I wonder if he didn't raise the price for you after mentionning you only need one procedure and justify it with the tax. For those who already did it (hence before July 2011), I'd be interested of the price before July 2011 if their reason to augment the price is mainly this new tax, the rhinoplasty must have been cheaper earlier.

As to the picture, do you mean you have triangular "nostrils" (you wrote nose not nostrils). If we have the same issue, I'm interested in knowing what Dr Lee told you about how he would correct them. My nostrils are like the woman on the picture, but my overall nose looks better. I also fear to end up with a thin tip and wide alar rim (wings) liker her. I wonder if it is possible to thin the alar rim, like in figure 16 and 17 of that website : http://www.drsherris.com/Changing-the-nostril-shape.htm
Did Dr Lee ever mention to anyone that alar rims (wings) that are too thick (like on MiaMM's picture above) can or should be corrected ?

@Acadabra: Could you send us the link of the thread/forum that convinced you that Dr Cho was very good, or was it from his before and after pictures ? Could you send us the link to his B&A pics ?
As to cheek liposuction: it is possible ? Despite of the presence of lots of nerves in the cheeks ? If yes, I'd be interested to do this procedure.

As to buccal fat, I think it is called Bichat balls, I had mine removed when I was 19. I didn't see much difference, the only thing is that I could push my tongue inside my cheek and see from the outside where my tongue was (my cheek is still 0.9cm thick I think), before when I pushed my cheek with my tongue, it was just making the cheek rounder, but couldn't locate from where the tongue was pushing the cheek. I don't know if that's a very clear explanation, but to summarize, it makes the cheeks slightly thinner, not a big difference. I am happy I did it. I still want to remove more fat.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, for my first rhinoplasty. I told my 1st surgeon that I didn't want triangular nostrils like the woman on MiaMM's pic. He said "Don't worry, with your nostrils, there's a long way to go before they even get a triangular shape". I don't know what kind of triangular shape he had in mind (probably Micheal Jackson), but at the end I ended up with triangular nostrils like the pic of this woman. So, sometimes, it's important to communicate with pictures instead of words and one should be cautious when the surgeon says "yes" most of the time without asking more questions about what you mean. As a proverb say there's a huge gap between what comes out from one's mouth and on how it is received, and how it is interpreted by the interlocutor. I don't know the source but that is very true and with cultural differences, the communication is even more difficult. As to my 1st surgeon I spoke to him my native language and it was alos his native language, but still, even if I sent several pictures, he said yes, and gave me the nostrils I feared the most. Sorry, I don't want to scare anyone, I'm just explaining how I ended up with triangular nostrils, something, that I guess no one wants.

I had wanted lateral too. But Joann mentioned tat I dont have enuff space for that so i didn't bring it up at dr kwon. He suggested 2 options.

A) epi + dbl eyelid -->resulting in Caucasian looking eyes
B) dbl eyelid --> still me, just better

So I figured that B) shld b better cos I still wan to look myself. I have natural double eyelids just that they are not prominent enuff, esp after eyeliner n stuff, my eyelid fold is almost camofludged. So this surgery will increase the height of my fold. Totally vanity cause, I even feel guilty for wanting to do it cos there is nothing wrong with them in the first place. =p It's also e reason i choose the less cuts n procedures the better.

So in summary this is also wat dr kwon advise, nothing much to up-sell. Lol!

@acadabra Erm, I didn't really like research about this eyelid thing cos it was a last min decision. Heard this name "teuims" a couple of times, went consultation, seems ok, tats it! Pls don't just rely on my decision because I tend to make a guinea pig out of myself. If not how do u think I am now having my 3rd nose job! Lol!!

But heard that many has already gone to dr kwon for eyes n he's e one who invented magic epi, n since mine is a simple case, it shld be quite ok I guess?

For those who r interested, he mentioned stitched out in 4-7 days, my case 4 days cos I've got flt to catch. No make up for 2 weeks. Red scar on lid for 3-6 mths.

[/QUOTE]

@MiaMM: Concerning the price, in a previous post, one of the girls said she would come with USD 10 000 and someone else asked why she came with so much money and if she was doing other procedures than the rhinoplasty.
This raise of price is not a good sign for us. Is that a consequence of his popularity?

i thought wai was a guy -.-
idk lol

the previous price was ~$8500 usd for rhinoplasty with rib cartilage. if you get alarplasty, that is another 1500usd

the tax is 10% so if you get rib nose and alars done, then that is 11k usd

@Kain: Since the tax applies in July 2011, does it mean that the price for rhinoplasty with rib cartilage is USD8500 (without alarplasty) -it becomes the same price as Dr Jung at USD 8500-? When do they start appyling the 10% extra ? You say "previous" price, does it mean that the price has already changed even though the tax applies in July ?

@megoreng: One needs space on the eyes to have a lateral epicanthoplasty ? What do you mean by "space", between the eye socket of the skull and the actual eye ?

As to eye procedures, the inner corner of my eyes is yound (we cannot see the flesh part) but I'd like to make the inner corners going down and pointy like on the video.
Does anyone know if this is done in Korea ? (quite fast, it lasts 31 seconds) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x2kdQ6jIEA&NR=1

As to Wai, I also thought he was a guy...lol

Hi, can anyone please share their before and after photos with me? [email protected]

I haven't been on is thread for a while and I got rhinoplasty done three months ago. I'm not too thrilled about the results so far so I'm already looking into revisions and they say the best place for revisions is in Korea. I'm willing to exchange photos to be fair and promise confidentiality... I just need some motivation And encouragement :sad: thanks

i meant the current price. the 10% tax starts in july.

dr jung charges ~4500 for a primary with goretex, and ~7500usd for a primary with rib. add another 1k for a revision

@Kain: Yes, you're right for Dr Jung's prices.
I can't believe I'll have to fly to Korea within 2 month to avoid the 10% ! It's a big difference, it will almost pay my airplane ticket. Time flies by. Is there a long waiting line in order to make a surgery. Should I book the date of surgert prior to my flight ? As anyone done that ? I think someone did, it was schedueled for the 25th of April, I'm not sure.

So, it is 100% sure that from the 1st of July that the surgery price raises and not before ? I want to call Joann when I'll be sure of what I want for my nose, I don't want to bother her too much, she doesn't sound like she has much time.