BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

Jamasian

THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO! Your results are amazing! I am really happy for you. I will be having mine done on the 18th december in s. korea, but have not yet decided on a surgeon yet. I am travelling from the UK and I am having a consult with Dr Park from Oz, but thats the only person so far. I will contact your place now, the before and after pictures look great. What made you decide on the place you went for?

When you had your consultation, what did you plan to achieve?

Happy healing.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone, my korean american friend told me that Dream clinic "http://dreamsurgery.co.kr/sub01/sub01_02_01.aspx" is also a famous place for doing nose job in Korea. Their website has only a few before & after pics. This doesn't tell me much how good the doctor is. I tried to contact them 2 times via email 2 months ago but have not heard anything from them. Anyone who has more info about this clinic please share. I plan to go to South Korea for my nose job in March, 2010. I don't speak korean and don't know anyone there neither, so if anyone plans to go around that time, we can go together. By the way, I live in South Cali.

Hi All,

I had rhinoplasty and chin implant with Dr Chuang previously. The results are good and costs are reasonable. Please visit www.christinekosite.com forum for details of my experiences. If you have questions for me, please post it at www.christinekosite.com ;)

The site gives reviews about plastic surgeons as well. Perhaps you guys take a look and get the information there. Heard soon the editor is going to do some reviews on singapore surgeons as well as korean surgeons.

Cheers!

Hey guys! I'm Eurasian (so sort of Asian :P)! I'm going to Dr. Chuang in Summer 2010 for double eyelid/epi, but have recently been considering having the end of my nose re-shaped a little too. Don't get me wrong I like my nose mostly as it is - it's similar in height, length and shape to Catherine Zeta-Jones, only the end of mine is a little stubby/round. I'd like it a bit pointier, but perhaps not quite as pointy as hers. Is there a procedure that just shapes the end of the nose? I don't want or need a full-on nose-job as I'm happy with it other wise.

Thoughts?

hey Hooverville,

Yes there is a procedure for the end of your nose to make it look sharper. Its called tip plasty most surgeons in Korea will use your ear cartilage carve it and place it on the tip to sharpen it giving it a little more definition. Why were you considering your surgery in Taiwan? Is it alot cheaper?

TO: EVERYONE

Does anybody please like anyone know the email for grand surgery? I heard its really good like quality wise and all but the site is in korean so i was wondering if anyone had any way to contact them.

Has any one had their surgery done there??
Thanks in advance

P.s Forgot to say im still looking for a buddy to go over to seoul in Feb next year XD Please pm me or give me your email so we can discuss, as mentioned i have alot of info on clinics and all that we could visit ^^

Interesting thread! As a second generation Filipino, my parents wanted me to join them on a trip back home to the Philippines sometime next year. When they both went to visit for a few weeks back in June they came back with nose jobs, to which I initially disapproved of and teased them for. But upon being told of the inexpensive cost and simplicity of the operation, I am now considering having it done myself. My nose is slightly crooked and it's pretty noticeable. That's all I'd like to fix (an implant to have a nose bridge is tempting but I'd look ridiculous with one), so I imagine my operation being a quick and easy fix.

For those of you who have already had yours: how long did the bruising/swelling last? And how long until you're allowed to blow or pick your nose? Picturing myself with a delicate nose full of boogers makes me uncomfortable, lol.

@ cottoncandy, Thanks very much for replying. I'm set on Taiwan because my mother is Taiwanese! She also had lipo done there about a year ago ... and yeah it's cheaper than Korea :smile:

@ Stayclassy, don't have an answer for you but that's hilarious - I didn't think of booger build-up!!

the doctor said half a year but its actually 4 months until you see results (not full results but 4 months all the swollen should be completely gone by then)
yes u will have boogar build up, sleeping at night is the hardest cuz u cant breathe through your nose. Anyways i didnt see much of a difference... kind sad i went overseas when i could have just stayed in singapore and got a local doctor with same result.

Thanks, I will let everyone know my results. I will be back on January 9th. Anyway, there was this dude from the old thread, he did his nose, chin, and eyes. He also did his height. He was 5'7 and now he's 6'3. If anyone remembers his name, please tell me. He was a plastic surgery maniac for sure. StayClassy you look like my sister. That's right I'm a Filipino too. How did your parents look? Did they augment their nose bridges? I don't trust Filipino cosmetic surgeons because they are way behind when you compare them to Korean and Taiwanese doctors. It's good to know the equipment of surgeons and their incision techniques. Less swelling after the operation is a plus.

Hopefully, I won't need an augmentation on my chin. Taiwan is cheap WOW very nice, but I will go with the korean doctors because of they use a lot of laser in cosmetics. I wonder if they will a laser to close my wounds. It would be sweet if there is little to no swelling after the operation!

Hi Quad8s,

The pics I posted earlier were about 8-9 days post op. The surgery itself was only 1.5 hours but if you factor in pre op prep and time in the recovery room to wake up from anesthesia, it was probably a 4-5 hour process. I didn't feel any pain during the procedure but did have a mild headache after likely from the swelling. The doctor prescribed Tylenol and codeine and that was an instant relief.

I had bruising under both eyes but admittedly didn't follow the cold compress or warm compress instructions to the letter. Bet the swelling and bruising wouldn't have been nearly as bad had I followed the instructions. I was pretty swollen but still went shopping day 3 after post op and did touristy things out in public everyday to get the most out of the trip. The bandages come off 5 days after surgery and I'd say the bandage is the prime giveaway that a procedure has been done. All the bruising and discoloration went away after 10 days.

Stayed at the Renaissance Hotel in Seoul which was a great place to recover but it was pricey. The clinic offered to book a room for me at another place for less than $50/night, but I opted to stay at the Renaissance because it's walking distance to the facility and close to a subway station, shopping mall, etc. Taxis there are an easy way to get around the city too, just be careful of taking taxis around rush hour times. The city does have some intense traffic and the drivers are very aggressive.

:biggrin: