BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of clinics in Korea correct protruding mouth along with rhinoplasty, but I seriously doubt that the price will be any lower than the Chinese doctor. I couldn't access the photos on the websites that I've been researching for my revision except for O & Young. Here are some examples.

http://www.koclub.com/community/counsel_gallery_read.php?id=185&mode=&cate=&depth=&page=5&key=&keyword=&fakeid=315

http://www.koclub.com/community/counsel_gallery_read.php?id=196&mode=&cate=&depth=&page=4&key=&keyword=&fakeid=326

http://www.koclub.com/community/counsel_gallery_read.php?id=337&mode=&cate=&depth=&page=3&key=&keyword=&fakeid=336

http://www.koclub.com/community/counsel_gallery_read.php?id=345&mode=&cate=&depth=&page=3&key=&keyword=&fakeid=344

http://www.koclub.com/community/counsel_gallery_read.php?id=349&mode=&cate=&depth=&page=2&key=&keyword=&fakeid=348

http://www.koclub.com/community/counsel_gallery_read.php?id=182&mode=&cate=&depth=&page=6&key=&keyword=&fakeid=312

Rib cartilage was used on all of the pictures shown. I'm not sure if it was just used on the tip or the entire nose.

Izora,
The results are awesome!
did they use implant for the chin also? cuz it look more prominent
Too bad i can't navigate their website,.
Do you know how much do they charge for rib (along with tip & alar plasty) and mouth and chin implant?

I don't know if chin implant was used because the clinic uses different approaches to correct the mouth and chin.
http://www.koclub.com/face/sub_face04.php

I have no idea what the clinic charges for mouth and chin implant. As for using rib cartilage, revision starts at 6,900,000. I'm sure the price includes tip plasty, but I'm not sure about alar plasty. They're not cheap, but I think the results speak for themselves. Not a lot of clinics in Korea specialize in rib cartilage rhinoplasty, and this clinic is one of the very few that I found.

Hey Izora,

Have you decided which clinic you will go to yet? Im still pondering on O & Young and Dr Jung. Jung is so expensive he wants to charge me over $9500 USD for nose revision and eyes. I think thats a bit too much to pay.
How many months post op will you be when you go for your revision?

Hey i was wondering if anyone was going seoul during July? i'll be there from the 10th-21st and wanted to share accomodation costs. It would be nice to have a buddy there to shop with and all. Im very fimiliar with seoul as i've been there countless times :biggrin: p.m me or email me at [email protected] By the way, only females please =] Sorry guys ^^

I'm trying to decide between O & Young and VIP. Both clinics use a lot of rib cartilage, but they are expensive. I live in the U.S. where a reputable doctor would charge $25,000 or higher for revision using rib cartilage, so I guess it's a lot cheaper in Korea compared to here. I'll be 19 years post op when I finally get my revision (I wrote about my experience in a prior page)...lol...

Yes, $9,500 does seem pricey, but having the experience and expertise to use rib cartilage is crucial. I've done a ton of research, and most Korean doctors don't like using rib cartilage because it's too difficult (they don't possess the appropriate skills). You don't want to go to a doctor who uses rib cartilage once in a while... you want to go to a doctor who uses it all the time. This makes all the difference and why some patients experience problems (warping, higher resorption) while others never experience them. Keep in mind that just because a doctor is really good at rhinoplasty does not mean that he'll be good at rhinoplasty using and carving rib cartilage.

I'm not sure if O & Young's price will be any lower than Dr. Jung. Did you contact the clinic? O & Young quotes prices in KWN, which is better than USD. Which clinic's aesthetic style appeals to you more? Dr. Jung and O & Young's styles are completely different. O & Young's style is all about luxury and dramatic "celebrity style" results (according to their website and blog), which might not be for everybody.

I called them. You need to have a consultation for an accurate price. You can read my post about it few pages back. :biggrin:

I haven't contacted o & young yet but i should very soon. I love the clinic results and would definately go for them if only i knew how to navigate the site. Are they good with rib revisions or is it just primary?
I'm not that impressed with Dr Jung's results, they seem very normal and in some pictures it looks like he gives his patients asymetrical noses. Can you read korean? I would love to check o & young's blog.

I agree that alot of surgeons don't recommend rib simply because they don't know how to use it. They'd say its dangerous and can infect the donar site and all just to conceal that they don't have the skill. I should've kept with my opinion because i really wanted rib for my primary but my surgeon and the nurse talked it down. O well, I guess i'll have my fingers crossed O & Young can do a good job.:biggrin:

hi PHoang. sorry for the late reply. i just got back from korea. im doing well with my new nose. im currently 1 month post op and everything looks fine. after surgery i felt no pain. just maximum discomfort. i say maximum discomfort coz you cant breathe through your nose and you feel like crap due to the anesthetic. came back the day after to have the bandages they put inside my nose removed. felt so much better. had minimal swelling and bruising. maybe because i didnt put ice packs like the doctor said. in my defense, it was freezing in seoul when i had my nose done. the days that followed were pretty much okay since i was able to go out and do some sight seeing and a lot of shopping. if you have any more questions, PM me.

Hi i was wondering was it primary or revision. Which clinic did you go to and what implant was used? Glad your doing well and isn't Seoul shopping so good, i absolutely love myeong dong :biggrin:

It seem that O & Young uses rib for primary and revision (according to the descriptions on the patient's photos). I'm not sure if they use rib 100% on the nose because the descriptions also use other materials (ear cartilage, etc...). I personally only want to use rib for my entire nose, which is why I've decided to go with VIP. It's so hard to find a doctor (besides Dr. Jung) who uses rib 100%. By the way, VIP quoted me $8,000, and Dr. Lee has been using rib cartilage for over 10 years. It's pricey, but they offer free airport pick up/drop off service, free aesthetic services to help with deswelling, and other services. I love O & Young's results, but they weren't accommodating at all even though I told them that I was a foreigner coming just to have surgery- they didn't seem to care. VIP was the complete opposite, and I value good service. You want to hear something kind of weird and interesting? VIP told me that they do not use general anesthesia for rib cartilage rhinoplasty unless the patient is a huge man. It's because the surgery takes about 5 hours and being under general anesthesia for that long really affects the patient's throat from the breathing tube. I was kind of freaked out, but they said not to worry because I won't feel any pain. I didn't even think that it was possible to cut a person open without general anesthesia. They assured me that it will be fine and that they use rib cartilage every day.

I agree that I'm not that impressed with Dr. Jung's work either. I heard that he does a lot of revisions on his own patients. He's qualified to perform rhinoplasty because he's an E.N.T., but I'm not sure how he's qualified to perform other procedures because he's not a plastic surgeon. In Korea, you don't need to be a board certified plastic surgeon to perform plastic surgery as long as you're a surgeon (how scary). An E.N.T. does not have the artistic element that plastic surgeons have.

I think general anesthetic wouldn't be used very often because there are so many affects on the patient. Out of body experiences like you feel as if your soul is out of your body, and trust me it isn't a good feeling. I think they generally use IV drip combined with local anesthetic but the IV drip knocks you out pretty quickly. Bad thing is the IV drip also gives that out of body experience. I think im crossing jung out of my list because he seems to be too expensive. Im really anticipating O & Young but hopefully they let me do my surgery on the day of consultation. I'd like to check out VIP but i remember a story from here from this guy called Jason from the first forum who posted something about the clinic can't remember what yet but its there somewhere.

Keep us updated on your informative posts =] Its fun discussing this:biggrin: