BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

i haven't tried anything yet. i'm gonna wait a few months at least before doing anything to it. i wanna give it time to heal before bombarding it with chemicals or stinky vinegars :S

erm, i think i'm gonna try ACV first cos its much cheaper and i'm near broke now. ;(
how much do those products cost?

the first time i went, i went by the city tour bus($10 for a taxi to the bus stop, $10 for an all-day pass with the tour bus, $10 for a taxi back). the second time i went was nearly a week later, and my dad figured out how to use the subway (cost 1000won)

the dollar costs are rough estimates. i think the actual taxi cost was more like 8000won

i think a taxi ride directly to the markets would cost about $10 maybe

the markets more than 3 subway stops (and transfers) away from the offictel so walking probably isn't a good idea

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know that you are not allowed to eat any black soys sauce or anything like that.it will only darken your wound. so please take care what you eat.

Hey I kno that u can go to ur doctor and get mild topical steroids prescribed. They lighten scars very easily. It works by peeling the skin tho, and onli should be used once ure scars r fully healed.

Hi, I'm new here.. My mum finally agreed to letting me do rhinoplasty.

I'm thinking of doing rhinoplasty and epicanthoplasty mid June/early July in Korea so that I have enough time for the swelling to go away before my school starts in Sept.

Currently trying to finish the whole thread backwards. I'm only at page 259 now :P

megoreng can you email me your 5 page review to [email protected]?
Thanks!!

deliriousgirl did you mention you did your surgery at JK previously? how was it?
I read a girl going there for rhinoplasty last year in another forum, but she never mentioned how it went..
sorry if i remembered wrongly!

I have tried hydroquinone 3, 5, and 8% (prescription from dermatologist) and if you want the lightening and peeling effect try it in conjunction with retina. the hydroquinone takes longer but it does work.

tips to lighten any hyperpigmentation: I have a 3 inch horizontal scar on my right calf and I been using medical tape to cover days and nights to avoid the sun. I peeled it off after 1 month and noticed the lightening effect. You can try a thin strip on your columella scar (after it is completely healed of course) but check with your doctor first.

hope this helps!

yes, I did have my jaw and cheek surgery at JK...I am very happy with my result eventho there is still some residual nerve problem which has improved a lot with time. I did not have nj at JK.

@Kain: from previous posts: sunnyxoxo uses "hiruscar" to reduce the scars

chanelmania77 uses "Dermatix" scar gel scar is gone on columella

They both said it works. I think it is expensive, maybe 50 USD but it is worth it, you don't want to undergo a scar revisions. These creams are to be applied during the healing process.
They're used for blepharoplasty most of the time.

If you wait a year, nothing can be done to it.

As to apple cider vinegar, how do you use it for scars ? I wouldn't advice to pour it on your wound. Nevertheless, apple cider vinegar is part of my every day diet, Hippocrates (called the father of medecine) used it with honey, apparently, it does wonders for the health, but they drink or eat it, I haven't heard of putting it on scars. Could you tell us more on this ? Any link ?

i don't rly have a scar on my columella. the skin is smooth there.i can't even feel an indent, its just that its kinda dark along the line.

i heard that ACV lightens skin, so i thought i would use it since all i need is skin lightening on that area. its not rly scar treatment but i guess skin lightening. i read up on hiruscar website just now and i don't think i need any of the stuff that it says it does. all i need is skin lightening on my scar D:

no link, but i just googled apple cider vinegar skin lightening

my tip is good. i still feel some pressure in my tip but i don't notice it for the most part. i can make a wide smile now, but if i do it for too long i can feel the stitches from my genio pull and i stop. the stitches from the paranasals didn't rly bug me cos the incision size was rly small compared to the genio incision.

it still feels tight around my stitches, but i have to wait for that feeling to go away

my tip feels stiff but that is the trade-off with any rhinoplasty.

the reason for the stiffness:

natural noses have hard bone on the upper bridge, which is immobile. but the mid bridge is semi-hard cartilage (septal cartilage) which can move around a bit. and the tip consists of fat and soft cartilage which can move

after a nose job, your entire bridge is made of one piece of hard cartilage so you can't really move your tip or mid bridge without also moving your upper bridge. the cartilage in your tip that 'tents' the tip to make it higher is also connected to the bridge implant and a lot of fat is removed, so the nose is pretty much rigid compared to before. even if you use a silicon bridge, your entire bridge is made of one piece of silicone instead of bone and flexible cartilage. i think maybe if you use goretex, your nose will not be so rigid. i'm not sure though

when i pinch my tip, there is a sort of cushion (skin, some fat left, and dr lee used some ear cartilage which is softer than rib cartilage). but it is still stiff

Does it stay stiff forever.. even with your own cartilage (rib & ear)?

well there is no way that your nose will be as flexible as before due to the way an operated nose is structured. i can move my tip about a mm left or right but i can't push it up down or backwards.

i will probably be able to move it a bit more side-to-side after a few months, but i will never be able to push the tip backwards because i would have to actually break/bend the columellar strut in my nose in order for that to happen. (the columellar strut is used to 'tent' the tip, which is then reinforced with sutures)

but its good that you ask because that is one of the trade-offs of surgery that you have to weigh against the benefits

i think it might be able for a surgeon to make the tip a bit more flexible by having a shorter bridge implant that doesn't connect to the tip, but that would probably limit the amount of height they give you by a significant amount. you should ask dr lee though. or whichever surgeon you choose. they will each have a different answer depending on how comfortable they feel with doing that

Ah okay, thanks Kain. But damn... I have to live with a rock hard nose for the rest of my life. Seriously having second thoughts. I'm still worry about about warping and I'm not looking forward to getting a big scar on my chest. What if I use rib and ear cartilage now and if I need revision in the future, I'm gonna have to cut out more cartilage. Then if I ever need a 3rd revision for some reason I would have nothing left to use. lol. Now that the surgery is almost near I'm starting to get cold feet. I guess I'll have my consultation with Dr. Lee first and see what options are available for the nose I want. I think I've only heard minminttang admitting to loving her new nose. GAHHH!

i love my new nose :biggrin:

i've either gotten use to having a big nose or it has deswelled a bit since i left korea. idk which lol, but when my dad comes back with the camera (he is in china) i can take some photos and try to see if there is a difference

I'm planning to use rib. I have a short bulbous nose. I don't know if diced cartilage wrapped in fascia is enough to shape the nose I want. I think my main concern is warping. If I have to pay so much for rib and get a scar from it, I don't know if it's worth it at all. I may end up changing my mind when I get there and not get a nose job at all. Haha. I don't know. :cry: