BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

dr lee usually uses a k-wire for patients under a certain age to reduce the chance of warping but you can ask them to use it for you.

there are also rib carving techniques that are designed to minimise the risk of warping. i'm sure dr lee knows it but you can ask them about that too. i think warping is usually caused by improper carving techniques.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm going to talk to Dr. Lee about it first. I know it depends on the carving techniques but it just seems like people on this forum who had ribs performed on them from other surgeons ended up warping. Most people here who went to Dr. Lee had theirs' done too recent to tell what their final results is suppose to look like. Aiya, I should stop stressing out about it until I meed Dr. Lee & JoAnn. I'm trying to mentally prepare myself but it's not working. Haha!

Milkyway, I'm feeling exactly the same way!! I didn't even notice how soft my nose tip was until i touched it just now - __ -" Dr Lee said i didn't have enough septal cartilage so would have to use rib but i'm going to ask him again when i see him, after all one can only see so much from photos. Can't believe you're flying tomorrow!

omommomo, I'm worried that my nose is gonna be more fragile since it's not bendable. lol. My bf has accidentally smacked me in the face several times before. Especially when we're sleeping. I don't want him to crack my rib nose!! I'm actually flying on Monday and surgery is on Wednesday. I'm looking forward to going to Korea, but not too excited about the surgery at this point. :sad:

Awww, I can understand your fear. We all have to be extra careful after surgery, and yes you are supposed to avoid getting smacked in the face ;) I'm a bit sad myself for having to give up surfing for the summer.. hopefully after I am all healed I can get back into the waters. I don't intend on living my life being afraid of everything that could "possibly" happen... I am sure you will be just fine - I've read sooo many articles and posts about revision rhinos but none of them are due to accidents on the patient's part! Good luck with your trip and your surgery!

Lol, where I live it's monday tomorrow. I'm really scared about the fragile thing too! I was vacuuming the house the other day and when I went to pull the vacuum hose out of the wall I smacked myself really badly on the nose with it! It hurt so bad tears leaked out... I guess i'll have to leave dangerous things like vacuuming to others for a while after surgery lol I tend to over think things too and stress about nothing >.>

I'm flying out and having surgery exactly a week after you so will be there next monday :smile: We should meet!

i think it was about other cartilage too. I googled "rhinoplasty - hard tip". I think all of us pre and post-op should read this too: http://www.plasticsurgeryspot.com/nose-surgery-primary-revision-rhinoplasty/195-pictures-how-long-swelling-lasts-after-rhinoplasty.html It's about the amount of swelling one should realistically expect.

Yes, i think if you re using rib your tip will be staying hard for a long long time.
Adding ear cartilage will only make it softer to the touch but you defiantely cant make a "piggy" nose anymore after you have your nose done.