BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

Btw, I'm four months post op and the tip of my nose is still fat and bulbous~ That's pretty much how it will be, right? I doubt it will change much~ I'd be going to Korea for tiplasty & eye revision~ *sigh*

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow :smile: I feel such warmth when I see complete strangers that have come together and become buddies going through this ordeal. I wanted to have a rhinoplasty so badly. BK clinic suggest a osteotomy to make my bridge less broad, an ear/septal cartilage for my nose tip to have a more defined tip. I am a typical asian case with a medium height bridge but very wide/bullous tip. VIP suggested that ear/septal cartilage might not be enough to define my tip because my skin is too thick. Dr Lee suggested paranasal augmentation, alar base reduction, and remove some of the cartilage on my tip, as well as trying to "lengthen" my nose..... I dont like alar base reduction because its irreversible, and I dont want to lengthen my nose. I like the idea of osteotomy from BK better and some kind of graft to make my nose tip more defined.....

Another note, my dad is a plastic surgeon, but he does more of breast augmentation, liposuction, tummy tuck and face lift than nose, so thats why I didnt want to ask him to do it for me :sad: Spending 10k on a nose is painful. He said he think my nose is a 8/10 so trying to make it a 10 sounds silly to him. Plus, he said nose will change through time, as you age and you smile, your nose will weigh down so if you do a rhinoplasty, you will have to redo it again and again.....

Anyone here heard of nosesecret? something that put inside your nose to heighten it temporarily? ? Im thinking of buying it today...

I have heard ab nosesecret but ve never tried it :lol:

You could find photos of it here

http://www.citygeisha.com/?p=1888

It's good to have a parent/relative who is plastic surgeon. You'll know more ab this field than us who only have internet as the source of info. N you wont make the wrong decision.

Do u mind asking ur father whether sliding genioplasty or chin implant (using bones) is safer? How ab jaw reduction & cheek reduction? I mean, in long term, is there any change, or when we get old n our bones get weaker, do those procedures involving the modification of bone structure will affect our health? Ive heard of many, who got surgery n r 50-60 y o, r having bone pain. That scares me.

And fat graft, could this procedure really b permanent or only last 5 - 6 years? I dont expect 100% of the result will remain but at least 65-70% of the fat graft should. Is there any side effect like sagging skin, ect when the fat graft effect fades away?

Sorry if im flooding u w tons of questions. But u know, no plastic surgeon would honestly answer our questions.

Hi everyone!
So, I have been reading this thread now and I´m exhausted :sweatdrop:. But I really wanna thank everyone who have shared, it has helped me alot!

I have finally been in touch with VIP, Shimmian, Banobangi about nose and eyes, but I am still a little hesitant about doing such a big surgery as my nose so far away (I´m fromm Europe but korean descent, can´t speak any koren unfortunantely). My concern is that if anything goes wrong you´re pretty much stranded since your surgeon is on the other side of the globe.
Therefore I´m still thinking about just doing my eyes and doing my nose here at home even though they don´t have the same experience in asian rhinoplasty.

I´m planning to go at the end of June. So one option is to just get on a plane and "go shopping" for eye surgery only, or to book w VIP for nose and eyes. Is anyone else planning to go around that time?

To Kain:
Thanks so much for posting so much helpful info! I´m curious about your paranasal implant. Dr. Lee suggested it to me as well, but I´m hesitant about changing my appearance too much and that the paranasal augmentation will make my nose look bigger and my face like a chipmunk:P.

When your dad says that the nose will weigh down as you age, does he mean that the nose will become longer overtime?

Yes yes yes!!
We will meet! I think you should be in the recovery room when Im there for my consultation. YOu having your surgery on the 31st??

well in the after pics i was smiling, but not in the before pics. my upper lip still angles out like it did in the before pics, but just at a less sharp angle. my upper lip always gets pulled inward when i smile of course.

i can take a side pic without smiling. then it will be easier to compare how much change teh paranasals gave
it will be a while b4 i have time though

surgery on June 2nd.

May I ask what your consultation is for, if you dont mind :biggrin:

I just looked up nose secret, my god.. I wouod just get surgery -_- or leave my nose as it is rather than inserting those things in there. I dont understand how it would work either... Csn someone explain?? :huh:

Good luck. I will probably see you here right before I leave then. I will be here until the 31st. Yes after they discharge you, you will be walking back to the clinic, daily, for nose cleaning and all that good stuff. Trust me, you're going to be drugged up and in pain that you don't care who looks at you. People don't really care about your bandaged nose around here, so don't mind that too much.

so basically the paranasals helped, but 85%-95% of the change was due to the nose and chin surgeries. its not the paranasals that gave a drastic change, but they complemented my rhinoplasty, sorta like how the genioplasty did

I finally got the internet to work. ARGH! This daily nose squeezing thing is pretty damn painful. Why didn't anyone warn me about this? I always walk out all dazed and confused from all that pain. I almost fell down the stairs on my way out. lol. I'm just glad Hher is here with me to share this painful experience with me. Haha. My bottom half of my face is swelling up like a balloon from fat graft. I'm not sure what to eat to help with my recovery. My friend bought me some seaweed soup and rice today. My ab/stomach hurts so I'm hoping these probiotic pills i got with me would help.

thanks for the info. I hope to see you ...my consultation is at 10AM May 30th.

how are feeling? is your a revision or primary?