BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

angelplane, i had rib cartilage on my nose right now and i am very unhappy with it. Unfortunately, it has warped and there a several bumps on the bridge of my nose. It's been 8 or more years since my rib surgery. At first, there was a slight bump that was hardly noticeable, but at 8 years now, it's awfully obvious!!! It became more apparent over the years. i was going to go with vip after hearing so much about him. I didn't really want to go through another rib surgery just because the recovery period was so painful and extensive.
That's why when i hear people say they see a bump on their nose right after the rib surgery, i get very concerned because i went through the same thing. the bump never went away!!! it gets more obvious as you deswell overtime.

like you, i was very set on getting my surgery with dr. lee but i've talked to several people and some of them are actually going back for revisions with him eventhough they've recently had surgery with him and others not so happy with the turnout.

Things that are sending me big alerts are the fact that they take advantage of foreigners and overcharge everything. I also have been hearing they push you into doing things you don't need, like fat grafting and paranasals for everyone.

Just be careful. A friend of mine who is there now was set on having surgery with vip but is going with another doctor now after seeing some results.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May I ask where you got your initial surgery jenstar?

So, what I don't like about vip (although i am scheduled to have surgery there) is that they disregard the possiblity of the rib warping. If you research, warping rib is a big risk in rib rhinoplasty. but according to joann, she's never seen it happen... i do understand that dr. lee is a very skilled surgeon but he's not God and i highly doubt that his rib rhino's have NEVER warped nor have a 0% risk of warpage :/

but i'm going into surgery with an understanding of the future risks (even though i was assured that i had nothing to worry about)...

I had my surgery with Toriumi and he was suppose to be "the expert of revision". For Joann to say that there is no warpage with dr. lee is really hard to believe.

trust me...my bump after the surgery was so minimal that i didn't think it would ever be so noticeable at all. The reason why it's not so obvious after surgery is because you still have swelling that will mask it.

omommomo, Milkyway, HHer and whoever else had their surgery recently...
would you like to share your before and after pictures with us?

i'm scheduled for my surgery in july at vip and all these posts (hahah including mine) are making me nervous as hell.

thanks so much! and i'd be more than happy to share mine with you gals once i'm done with the surgery :smile:

oh geesh... i don't know what to do now...

especially with so many of you rib rhino newbies saying that you have small bumps on your nose... :sweatdrop::sweatdrop:

i read that even with careful preparation of the rib, warping rate is around 3% (please let me know if you read otherwise)... which doesn't seem too high... so i think not all the bumps you gals are experiencing will be a sign of warping...

Your upperlip is not stiff anymore? Mine is still stiff as hell! I can barely smile!! With everyone doubting VIP now i'm so worried that I made a terrible decision. If I didn't have to cut my chest open to harvest rib and paid an assload, I probably wouldn't freak out so much.

Since VIP is so busy this week, I'm sure you'll make some new friends. I'm so worried I won't go back to looking normal and have to deal with complications later on. What to do! what to do! >.<

Thanks for the comforting words. Right now, I still can't stop worrying about EVERYTHING. I felt like I made a mistake. Not just from going to VIP but getting a nose surgery in general. So bummed. :cry:

free accomodation for one or two weeks, and the facials cost maybe one or two thousand. also, the cost of rhinoplasty with rib cartilage is always pretty expensive compared to silicone of goretex. dr jung charges 7500 for a primary with rib cartilage (including anesthesia?), and does not provide accomodation. vip charges 8500 including anesthesia, and up to two weeks accomodation. to compare prices, you could also find out what dr shah (american dr) charges, dr toriumi, dr gunter, etc.

ages: megoreng(around 20 yrs old), jamnyc(twenties), larry(thirties), a caucasian woman in her thirties living in korea, a girl from singapore in her twenties.
and there was also a young korean couple who picked out breast implants right before my consultation (i walked past the room they were in with joann and saw breast implants on display in a glass box)

but yeah, not everybody will be happy with their results at vip. i know one person was not happy with her results, but i don't think she wants to share so i'll respect that.

the price of sliding genioplasty and chin implants at vip is comparable to north american pricces as well. idk about fat graft prices though.

my upper lip isnt stiff anymore, but my incision site still feels weird. i think its cos there are still stitches inside that haven't fully dissolved yet.

i think the vip prices are pretty competitive to american doctors and the free accomodation is definitely a plus. but vip is a lot more expensive than many other korean clinics. when i was researching, i saw a plastic surgery clinic in the same area that ran a promotional $500 for full face fat grafting deal (i have NO IDEA how reputable the place is but i did read some reviews from the locals who loved the outcome- but then again, how reliable are the reviews?) vip price for a full face fat graft is $3500.

vip is REALLY expensive and i don't know if the services and free accomodation makes up for the difference... but if you want a rib rhino, your choice of surgeons are very limited i believe...

hi beefsoup :smile:

if i remember correctly, you didn't get a rib rhino, right?
do you know why you have that bump?
did you ask dr. lee?

I got the same feeling that others have about VIP, probably competent but overpriced. I didn't find Joann to be pushy though. She spent ALOT of time with me but she's a very subtle saleslady. As someone who does sales like she does it was pretty interesting to see the moves being put on me.

Transport from/to the airport is actually one of the easiest things in Korea. The bus runs often and is 15,000 KRW each way. Lots of stops.

Can I ask why you are going to Korea? Because if it were my first time I probably would only go to VIP, even knowing that they are overpriced. Maybe some will disagree, but Korea is not Mexico(safer though). English proliferation is not high except in the expensive hotels. Once you factor that plus airfare you might not come ahead pricewise or you'll be near the price of VIP that offers free accomodations or the price of having it done in the US.

Like I said in my post I had problems even getting into the Korean for Koreans clinics and I know my way around Seoul pretty well for someone who doesn't live there. I can't have a conversation in Korean but I know how to ask for the doctor that does noses.

If you want to talk to Dr. Park at Dream I would email him directly. Staff doesn't speak English there but Dr. Park is very proficient in it.

Hi email at Dream is :

[email protected]

If you're really serious about it I would be specific and mention dates you're thinking of coming. I know he gets a lot of email and it might pay to portray yourself as a serious.

Your dates are working well with mine. I'm going to be in Seoul from the 23rd with surgery on the 28th so if you want to check me out before hand that's fine. I also live in the SF bay Area and will be in San Diego and LA next week if you are in California.

I'm 33, so not a student. Just vacation and ticketing for the flight works out this way.

BTW- I asked the guy who works with my company in Korea (point being native Korean) about Dr. Park and he said this:

Dr. Park is very famous astethic clinic in Gangnam area. Especially, many actor and actress like &#49548;&#45376;&#49884;&#45824;, bigbang etc. they had a surgery from him.
Nose and eye is his strong field. I did’nt know that he is such famous in idol groups.

Granted he's a 45yo dude that knows nothing about PS and I don't know where he gets this info from but it's making me feel better about my choice.

i think saving a thousand or more on accomodation and possibly transportation (free taxi to and from airport if u book ahead) makes up for the price difference. a week of facials isnt rly cheap either.

if you just want silicone at vip, it costs about 2000 to 5000 (depending on whether u use cartilage or not, tiplasty, etc), which is comparable to other clinics.

but it does sound like they overcharge for fat grafts. they also charge 1500 for the paranasals but dr jung only charges 500 so i guess they tend to overcharge on the small procedures.
but then BK clinic charges about 2000 for paranasals so the price varies immensely.

what i think about the prices is: the actual price of the nose job is competitive. but its all those extra things that they make you buy that ramps up the cost. so in the end, you do end up paying more, but you get more in services. idk if the price of their other procedures is competitive though.