BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

i'm not too sure but the maxilla is considered the area where your upper arch of the mouth, the palate, and nose area (in the vicinity of the sinuses). I guess they want to augment that area for me and then on top of it all, paranasal. I don't think i have a depressed midface so i think i'll have a completely new face if i were to go with their recommendation. and THAT is something i don't want!! all i care about is having those bumps shaved down and some tip lengthening.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, they quoted me $5k to remove the rib that i have now and $9200
for revision. 1500 for paranasal and i can't remember how much for the augmentation but probably the same as paranasal. I actually don't mind paying that much just as long as i get a smooth bridge. however, as you know i've changed my mind.

i think it became obvious about 3-4 years after the surgery. Before that, i could only feel it when i ran my finger along the bridge.

Hey! I get my surgery next week, I have consults with Dr. Jung and banobagi so we will see how that goes! But I was wondering, after surgery will I be able to go out a week later or will I be too swollen??? Will my scar show too much??

in korea, ppl won't mind if you have had surgery. but back home, people who know you might notice. strangers probably won't notice but it really depends on how much swelling you have.

you can use makeup, or buy 'medical makeup' to cover the scar. your scar will depend on your biology, and your surgeon so it is difficult to say how obvious your scar will be.

I bought my airplane ticket and I might be operated next week. VIP is going to pick me up at the airport. I am very scared !
I don't know what to emphasize during the consultation with Dr Lee. I really want to have an upturned nose that looks small in general. Any suggestions ? Did Dr Lee may have seemed to agree on some things and did not give you the result wanted ? I think Milkyway or Hher saif that the nose was not upturned or slightly curved as desired ? How should I tell Dr Lee that this is important to me ?
AS to other consultations, I am quite sure I need to go for rib surgery for a great tip projection, so I may not do any other consultations, at least for the rhinoplasty. I'll stay there for about a month.

@jesse00: that's what Dr Wang (from China) said to me on an online consultation when I said I wanted the same projection as one of his patients. Also, my previous surgeon said I would never be able to have the projection that I want with weak cartilage like my septum or ear cartilge, so rib is the only solution I guess.

If I understand well, Milkyway and Hher are not THAT dissatisfied by the results. Hher has a nice nose according to Milkyway and Milkyway thinks it is the swelling and it might get better.
By the way are you girls still there next week ? I'll be at VIP on Tuesday.

do you mind telling me how you got a consultation with banobagi? i emailed them 3 days ago asking for a consultation but has yet to receive any response. thanks

i think milkyway said that dr lee told her that he couldn't give her a curved bridge. i don't remember if she said that he told her before or after though and i can't find her post atm.

but dr lee will probably have to to overaugment your nose to account for reabsorption.

at 7 days post-op, you can see that my radix was actually above my upper eyelid. atm, it is on level with my pupils, which is a big difference.

i wasnt planning on posting pics, but then i sent some by pm and i probably wont have time later on as the semester progresses so what the heck, i'll post a few pics.

[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

sorry for the bad lighting, i couldnt figure out how to turn off the flash which gave overexposure, so i just covered up the light with my hands. but the camera was still configured to use flash so it took in less light, which is why its dark. and some of the red light got through -.-

you can see that one side is more swollen than the other. one of my alar wings is really well defined, butt he other doesn't have any definition yet, and is still really swollen. i'm not posting pics from the front for now. one side is more swollen than the other, especially around the tip.

to give an idea of how different the nose can look while it heals:
if you look at my 7day post-op pics, the radix was actually above my upper eyelid. now it is at level with my pupil, which is nice. the tip isn't as overprojected anymore either.

so while your nose may look huge for over a week, it is mostly swelling. at one week post op, i didn't think i had much swelling, but look at how much it has deswelled since then.

sorry i didn't reply earlier, but you can read my experience by reading my previous posts. i recorded pretty much everything there. there are many good clinics in korea. if you have the resources, don't be afraid to consult multiple clinics.

kain - how long do you think it will be until my nose starts looking normal again and i can go out??
jen - the email on their website didn't work when i emailed them, so i got a different one from someone on here that worked- [email protected] which let me schedule a consult!